Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > long distance relationships?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt1
Msg: 11
long distance relationships?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Let him come to you if he wants to see you that bad.
 marshw
Msg: 13
long distance relationships?
Posted: 4/1/2006 10:34:18 PM
Go ahead and meet if you're close enough to, but the idea that you could have anything deep and lasting is just plain silly. you couldn't do the with somone 500 kM away. What makes you think you could do it with somone on another continent? Long distance doesn't work and the only people who say it does are trying to prove something to themselves. When they finally break up, they never admit that the distance was a factor. They'll always say it was something else. But nooooooo, the fact that we only saw each other twice a month had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Wake up people! Building a real relationship and gaining importance in someone's life requires frequent live human contact. On the other hand, people who attempt long distance relationships don't really want to be in a relationship at all. It's buried deep in their psyche. There's a reason, they get into these relationships that have absolutely no chance of success. It's different for each one of them, but it's there, just the same.
 mn7403
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/1/2006 10:42:18 PM
I think she was just tryin to say she was afraid of flying
 bedlog
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/1/2006 11:06:21 PM
Foxy, go meet him. Look at it this way, 10 years from now, you are in a bar, sitting next to some drunk because your best friend bailed out on you for the evening. Then you start to think, "hmm I wonder how things would of been if I met so and so from Canada?". Fate and destiny baby. Give it a whirl, at least you took a chance. Never mind that it's a long distance relationship or some guy from the next town.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/2/2006 3:27:02 AM
I think you should go for it. Good luck and all the best.
Carrie
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > long distance relationships?