Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > 1 month and still miss her      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dennisp1978
Msg: 1
1 month and still miss herPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
One month and still think of her what do I do??? This sucks she hasnt contacted me for like a week I think she has moved on but don't want to think that.... Anyone help..
 Dennisp1978
Msg: 2
1 month and still miss her
Posted: 4/3/2006 2:10:59 PM
she kicked me out cause she had just turned 21 I was with her for 3 years and feel madly in love wuith her
 867love
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:21:15 PM
hate to tell you this but its always going to hurt. just a little bit less with each passing day. all you can do is get back on your horse and keep riding (i wouldnt recommend chasing the one that threw you) there are plenty of others
 loovloov
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:28:56 PM
Oh honey. Me thinks that she just isn't interested anymore. It is hard to say without more facts. What made you like her so much? I'm just curious about that.
 sweet and sexy30
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/3/2006 7:34:09 PM
i was in a 6 month relationship when i was23 it took 3 yrs to get over him i dated but still cried all time.i never been so hurt.i worked in a club when met him and he said he was going to college in pitts. i changed clubs and he came in yr later it hurt to see him.i still kinda miss him but it has eased i can talk t him w/out falling apart.his girl left him andhe apologized to me.if u wanna chat give me messgae
 wildfire1950
Msg: 6
Dennis
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:01:46 AM
Hi Dude,

Something similar to your ordeal happened to me. My X stated that she was ALL done with it and there would be no more relationship. Our three visits to a therapist confirmed that the end had arrived after only seven months of marriage. Hopefully, your situation is'nt that drastic. However, do LISTEN to exactly what she said and avoid trying to read between the lines. Go straight for what she has put on the table for you to know. No guessing! No wishing!

Why do that? Well, because my X was telling me from the start where she was at. I should have listened, but just didn't want to believe it. We/I sometimes have a degree of denial about a sudden departure by someone we love.

You might go through a stage of questioning yourself. Believe it. You will imagine every possibility, but listen carefully.

Hope for the day that you wake up one morning and start to shave. Before lathering up, you look yourself squarely in the mirror/face, feeling a little disgusted, but definitely clear minded. You realize that you cared the best you could and it wasn't good enough for the silly ****. You feel kind of disgusted for wasting ALL this time searching for an answer that doesn't exist, but now, you are pissed with the whole stupid thing.

A wave of revelation begins to come. She has done you a favor by counting herself unworthy of being in a relationship with you. It dawns on you that she is somewhat crazy and this is the last thing you/we need in y/our life. You begin to see the silver lining on the rim of the clouds. Maybe you hear the song: "I can see clearly now. The rain is gone. It's going to be a bright, bright sun shiney day."

Think about it. There's a reason that more women exist in the Universe than men. It's so that we can have a real choice in this world. We don't have to shop in the junk yards. We don't have to settle for second best. There's a reason the Universe favors us. Man! Face it! Realize it! You have a choice and the escapee has done you a favor.

Why? It's because she can't handle that ??????? something and I hate to tell you. If she has the slightest bit of conscience and she has cheated on you, it's killing her inside and she doesn't have the guts to tell you.

Bear in mind, the things I'm saying may NOT explain ALL about what's going on. However, you have given us hardly a clue and maybe you really don't have much of a clue. Do you sense that she has cheated? Why did she leave your bed?

Take it from a guy who comes from a family with the ability to read women more than they want us to know. At least, somethoing is up. She cannot deal with it and she cannot handle the idea of exposing it to you. Whatever it is bothering her, you must discern it as a trust issue for sure.

ALL relationships require trust. They aren't worth a crap unless there is trust. Dude, trust is everything to a good relationship.

Forget her because she's not dealing with it. Go find a strong woman who smiles a lot and is able to trustfully communicate. This means that your new woman has to really be together. Don't take ANY second hand crap. You are too young for that.

Good luck! Call your buddies and go party!

Ken
 Dennisp1978
Msg: 7
Dennis
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:17:49 PM
Thanks Ken some strong words there I need to move on but it is hard to cause I do love her... If there is any slight chance for me and her to get back together I am going to hang on to that... She even told me 2 weeks ago that the odds of us getting back together is real good but she wants to start over as friends... But i just dont want to be a friend I want to be more...

Dennis
 amazonian chick
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:35:56 AM
She said she wants to start over as friends. I am guessing you then pushed her and said 'no, I want more' and she has thought 'do one matey...I told you where I am at!!@ and not spoken to you for a week.

Occupying yourself is the best thing you can do. Stand in a room on your own, scream, shout, talk to friends, family, go out, flirt to divert you mind!!

The way to get over someone is to get over someone else ;) ...I am only joking!! But, you do need to either give her the space she has asked for or let go. You have to accept things one way or the other hun xxx
 wildfire1950
Msg: 11
Dennis
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:54:22 AM
Dennis,

Well fine, you are letting her control the relationship and that's bad news. A marriage is supposed to be a partnership. Think about this and go talk to the lady in a real kind manner, but be firm. Partnership rules! If she balks, you might be dealing with a control freak and that can be H-E-L-L for sure. I'm talking grief for the next 25 years or however long you can take an emotional beating that never stops. Are you ready for lifetime abuse?

To love her or anybody, you must love yourself first. Take care of yourself and do the right thing for yourself.

Yes, talk to her about a partnership. Ask her why she finds it difficult to function in a partnership? I would even venture to remind her that the friendship thing is ALREADY covered. Suggest to her that TODAY we are in a partnership. It's a little bruised, but let's swallow the pride and go find a good counselor.

Be careful! Some of those therapists are not worth a $hit.

Seek a counselor who recognizes that BOTH of you may be lacking some essential partnership skills. Also, you are BOTH very young and still maturing. Also, it seems that female chemistry can get real whackey with the slightest nudge.

I admire the fact that you love this person, but be sure that you apply tough love to her. She is NOT functioning and this will cause endless grief, if you allow it to go unchecked.

CK
 Dennisp1978
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/17/2006 6:26:11 PM
Well havnt contacted her for 2 weeks and she hasnt contacted me this isn't good been 1 month and a half and still havnt found anyone else that caught my eye... I don't think of her as much but sometimes I just break down crying if a song comes on or memory gets remembered...
 gc57
Msg: 13
Dennis
Posted: 4/17/2006 7:02:38 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my fiance' of 6 years ran off with another guy, sold my car which I put in her name to hide fromthe IRS, and haven't seen or heard hide nor hair from her. Do I forgive her and think she might come back?, sure, but what for?
 Dennisp1978
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/18/2006 4:41:58 PM
I am hoping that what you say is true that she is still thinking of me and just hass to figure her self out and hope she chooses my path...
Msg: 16
Dennis
Posted: 6/25/2006 11:29:02 AM
yea i will get over her wine i find the right one that i can ce with for ever more
Msg: 17
Dennis
Posted: 6/29/2006 2:45:07 PM
do what you thank is right if you can t get back after a year or two give it up and go on there a lote better out there
 hot secretary
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/16/2006 11:44:50 PM
in my personal experience the best thing to do is to just move on, find a hobby and do things that don't remind u of her. a month isn't very long, these things take time, but think of it this way, being single is fun!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > 1 month and still miss her