Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Would you date a guy without a car      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dud
Msg: 4
Would you date a guy without a carPage 1 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
i would NEVER date a guy with no car. not that i care about the car
 sexyviper
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Would you date a guy without a car
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:21:52 AM
op ....$5000.00 a year is a lot for insurance I agree BUT ...if you would even consider paying that ,there could be a better simpler solution for you ...why not hire a Limo and driver for any date night you have ...I'm sure that you could cut a deal with any service in your area and how much would that impress the ladies ? just a thought
 bicurious45
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:34:12 AM
I don't really care as a matter of fact I'm dating someone who doesn't drive now...he's a great guy so I don't care why base a realationship on a material thing? besides I love to drive so it doesn't bother me. lol.
 Stillalicious
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:40:10 AM
If not having a car were a temporary thing, sure I could date someone like that. If he chose not to have one or to not have a licence, absolutely not. I am the type of person who would feel guilty is my bf were taking the bus and I would end up driving him everywhere out of sheer guilt. It's nice to be driven by someone else once in a while as well.
 twisted40
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:58:58 AM
No i would not date a guy without a car....I am no ones chauffeur!Apparently I do own MOM'S TAXI though, lmao
 Stillalicious
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:16:31 AM
@ anthony: you will notice in my post that I said "if he chose" , big difference from what you are talking about.
 dud
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:17:29 AM
it all depends on the situation. like coco up there said she doesnt need a car all the time, cuz she's in the city. makes sense. and if she lived on a farm she would probably want a vehicle. its a general question, but each person's answer has a lot of different things behind it. i dont think we should assume things til we know the specifics of a given situation. but of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion
 sexyviper
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:59:05 AM
would there even be a question here if it was reversed ?

Would you date a female without a car ??

explains alot about our thought process and the whole equality thing
 Da69Devil
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:25:02 PM
LMAO ... coastergal ... seems like you are up for a bike ride ... let me just save up enough money for the tube repair kit and i'll be on my way ... but you have to get the rack (the bike rack ... get yer mind out of the gutter) ..

i dont have a car .... i have this gas guzzler of a van ... 4 km / litre is what i get out of it ... if the gas didn't kill me ... it's the all day driving ... i NEED a chaufer ... any takers? ... hehe

i was looking at the kms i have driven this year ... i have driven over 70K clicks (that doesn't include the clicks on the my business partner's car) ... i didn't start driving it untill the first week of june ... that's like 84,000 kms in a year ... so combined i think i hit the 100K mark man ... isn't that like driving for 4 ppl? .... someone wanna drive me around?

it's funny to see all these posts about non car owners being picked up/driven around ... what i wanna know is ... is it the feel of the 'taxi-service' or just the fact the person doesn't have a car making him not finacially stable? ... my cousin just moved to downtown T.O. and she sold her car cuz it's easier to get by transit and no costs of having a car (monthly pass at work and home just add to it) but i tell ya that if she wants to come to a family function someone has to go pick her and her husband up and drop them off ... i hate doing that ...although i love to drive as i cannot sit in the passanger side watching the person driving slowly along behind a truck ... so i end up driving .. your car or mine ..

so if it's about the 'taxi' feel or the gas issue ... if the guy drove when you met up and paid for gas ... would you think differently (@ those that wouldn't date a guy without a car)

ok now where did i leave the number for mom's taxi service
 Carrie_32
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:57:26 PM
Heck, lets see... I've dated guys WITH cars, and it seems like i'm always the one driving or picking them up, so sure, why not! I drive, they buy my dinner.. that would be more than what some guys with cars have ever done.

I'm going to start pretending I don't own a car and get my ass driven around and picked up.
 Da69Devil
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:06:52 PM
hey coco dahling ... you know i dunna even think of the whole renting thing till i seen some posts and your's on here ... i think that would be the best thing if you got rid of your car to live in the city ... HELL ... i heard of waiting and waiting for women to get ready ... but waiting for 3 hours for a guy to get ready? isn't that unheard of?

you prolly could have taken the go from where you were and ended up at the party in less time

all kidding aside ... i want to know what the women not dating carless guys have to say about what i posted earlier ... it must be the virgo me ...always wanting to know ... or perhaps it's the shite disturber in me
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:22:50 PM
I dont drive myself but i do have my own personal chauffer! The car has tinted windows for our privacy so think about it ladies lol

Seriously though I hope to get my license someday soon which rasies a question i have.

What if the personal is unable to physically drive a car due to a disability would that still be an issue ladies?
 Da69Devil
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:35:34 PM
i know all the girlies like the banana seat ... i'll take ya for a ride there roxibaby ... and even go off the curb a few times here and there
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:02:39 PM
coco: well i sure hope she wont get tired thats a long drive around the world lol. but hey if she really wants to be with me she will drive wherever to be with her shweetie

Then we can go for a fun ride lol
 degem
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:04:37 PM
I have not read any of the post in this thread

but me personal no I would not date a guy with no car then again I don't think I would be dating a guy.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:07:43 PM
woodster: well I have met some people where they wont date me because of my health conditions but everyone here has shown me that they dont see a disability to be an issue.

If you really want to be with someone then you will do whatever to be with that person and not having a car shouldnt be an issue imho.

Taxi is a good option or TTC for sure.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:30:03 PM
swimmingthru: well I will hop on the bus and then take you out to a fancy restaurant in Waterloo there hehe tablecloths and all lol

woodster: well said and I think so far i have shown that I am the kind of guy that looks at the glass as being half full and with the help of the awesome people here they have been more than willing to make sure i get to and from a POF party safely :) Glad to hear your having a great tiem here so far!
 Da69Devil
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/5/2006 8:19:44 PM
J ... i think you see it as half full cuz that's exactly it when you are looking at your beer and wondering where it went and if you got it half full ....

as for you coatalgal ... i will splurge on a motor for my big wheel with the custom banana seat and if i leave here tomorrow by 4pm ... i'll get to the border by saturday evening ... then hmmm ... i'll be in cali by the end of the month ... shall we say i'll pick you up on the 29th of this month at 7pm? ... i'll try not to be late

swimming .... i think you prefer i swim to you rather than drive ... can i cheat and bring my boogie board?
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:44:08 PM
devil: yeah thats exactly what i am talking about I buy a beer the other nite and its not long before it became half full and it was all my doing not anyone else lol

panaqqa: very good point it costs money when you have a car and if you feel a car isnt necessary to have all the time in your situation the to just rent one or get around by tax or other ways.

you can always get your buddy with a nice car to drive you around and say its yours but my friend will be driving it so that i can spend more time with you baby lol
 bluedew
Msg: 85
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:30:49 PM
I've never had a probem with it, but then I love to drive.
 Country Lady
Msg: 87
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:39:45 AM
I have, and I am. Yes, its awkward especially with a 2 hour distance between us but we've been meeting part way.

Up in my neck of the woods Greyhound doesn't come through everyday so that wouldn't even be an option - you can't get here from there on a Saturday, Monday or Wednesday - but you can get to a town within 1/2 an hour 5 times a day on the GO bus which is how my brother comes to visit.

If the relationship is good enough you make the effort - there have been some I have met I wouldn't drive across the road to continue seeing
 jeepbooy
Msg: 88
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:47 AM
I my self have a truck, dateing someone far when only one of you has a car it make's it
harder.
 Da69Devil
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:19:13 AM
that's like me with my gas guzzlin van ... i'm not driving far with it ... might be cheaper to rent a car ...

but if she's EXTRA special ... i'll drive a lil far for her .... once .... ok ok ... maybe 2ice ... 3 times she better have a car
 jeepbooy
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:39:47 AM
^^^^^^ A CAR AND HER OWN SHADES
 bboy_stance
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:20:33 AM
mannnn the women in here are harsh...anybody gotta car they don't use?
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Would you date a guy without a car