Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > DATING ON P.O.F.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoneside
Msg: 2
DATING ON P.O.F.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Yep, women keep trying to bed me. Its' driving me nuts. hehe
Not all of us guys are like that. Chat longer before meeting a new guy, the ones that just want to get laid won't stick around that long and you'll be left with guys that are interested in YOU.
 stoneside
Msg: 3
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:19:06 AM
Ummm, just looked at your profile. Long Term, only guys between 25 and 37? That MIGHT be part of the problem.
 stoneside
Msg: 7
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:22:35 AM
Guess my true colors have finally come though. lmao
Was just offering an opinion on the thread you started, my mistake.
Here, this is what I really meant to say:
You're right, it's all of the guys on here. We all only want one thing. It's our fault for for not understanding the ladies aswell as we should. ALL of us men need to be more understanding, caring and honest. It really should be a one way street after all. I have to go hang my head in shame now, for all my misdeeds.
 heltster
Msg: 8
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:43:49 AM
I can roll my eyebrows! I am not sure what that actually would have to do with sex, but I can roll hem like they are a wave.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 10
view profile
History
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 11:51:00 AM
Maybe if you stopped YELLING at folks...and another thing, don't come here & ask for help then be ****y to the folks that offer; sheesh people like you piss me off worse than the people that start a brazillion redundant threads without doing a search; so to you too...you be nice to my fellow fishies or go away.....(BTW, that brazillion thing, thatsa inside joke, so don't try to take me apart for that, anything else, bring it on)
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 11
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:06:29 PM
Not all men are like that. It is not right to try to paint them all with the same brush.
A thread search might help as well. This topic has been done many times and you will find a lot of answers and opinions that way.
Best of luck to you.
Carrie
 Spazoid
Msg: 12
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:30:14 PM
indiashomeeee:

The fact that your profile is weak could have something to do with it. It lacks any depth and has multiple cliches.

The fact that you are looking for men as young as 25 might also be a factor. How many 25 year old men do you really think are looking for a serious relationship with someone who is nearly 40?
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 16
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:41:38 PM
You are welcome Op. I am glad that you found someone. Good luck to you sweety, I hope it works out.
Pour- I am having a bad day and that comment made me smile. Thank you for that mon amie.
Carrie
 Bandito
Msg: 17
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:43:17 PM
Good catch paigeĀ®, she has been here nearly nine month...my does time fly, I just coming up to month 5 myself...ACK! and I am still re-singled If you have been here 9 month and have had no value in being here then you should leave, your about 3 month overdue as far as I am concerned. I think if you were looking to be swept off your feet and married by now then you had very ambitious expectations to begin with.

I think, by the nature of this being a catalog date shopping sute, that most people come here to damble around, try it out, see what happens. Generally males are less serious about commiting to LTR's than women even though they might say otherwise.

I think POF is a great starting point but it probably doesn't fufill many people's end-game needs. Its a lovely way of developing a network of like minded and like situated friends, possibly some romance and for a very few lucky **stards, true love.

Best of luck!

Bandito

ACK! I was too late...OP is happy...congratzi!!! Things really do change fast around here fast
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 18
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:45:12 PM
It means "only new shoes." Meaning that she will only date men who are wearing nice new shoes.
Carrie
 who_the_fox
Msg: 19
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:46:59 PM
I can't say I agree with her taste in young men for longterm, BUT

All I can say is that you're probably missing out on a really hot, emotionally stable 40 year old who might be looking for the same thing you are because you'd rather date a child...

Oh puh-lease!! Show me a really hot 40 yo and I'll bet he is dating 25yos...not to mention he will be FAR from emotionally stable!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 21
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:58:09 PM
I have been here a year. As far as I can tell, it seems to be a good site for making friends and I have been told it is excellent for hooking up with sleazes for o.n.s. ......this site is a complete waste of time for "dating" though .....
 stoneside
Msg: 24
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 2:02:08 PM
WOW, went from about to leave the site in in frustraion to finding true love in a matter of hour's, COOL. I wasn't being a "hater" I was offering my opinion. Don't you just hate when guys do that. lol
 Spazoid
Msg: 28
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:11:23 PM

THANK YOU CARRIE.....FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME GOOD ADVICE TO SHOUT OUT.

Funny how the advice that is "bad" is the advice that suggest the problem might be what you are doing. The other posters were just trying to help by showing you the vibes you are letting off by putting certain things in your profile. Stoneside tried to provide good contructive criticism and in response you insult them.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 29
view profile
History
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/6/2006 12:46:12 PM
you're still YELLING; and I'm not a guy; and a brazillion is an inside, joke, political joke, not expecting you to get anything remotely intelligent, anyway; stop yelling at the fishies....

ahhh carrie, I love the smell of a man in new shoes.....
 bucsgirl
Msg: 30
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 4/12/2006 10:23:36 AM
spazoid "How many 25 year old men do you really think are looking for a serious relationship with someone who is nearly 40" For someone nearly 50, I had a ton of mail from 20 somethings I deleted. Maybe I should have kept them and forwarded them to the OP!! haha I get what you're saying, though. I never dated men the ages of my children, so that would exclude anyone from 18 to 26. There are tons of threads about younger guys that want to date older women. Maybe the OP should do a thread search, sure to get lots of contacts from that. Just trying to help!!
 sweetgapeach33
Msg: 33
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 6/19/2006 7:06:30 PM
Im with you i have been on here about a month and the only guys i can find have a case of the elevated hormones only are there any live ones out there or are we using the wrong bait?
 who_the_fox
Msg: 35
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 9/7/2006 12:02:17 PM
I don't need a man to ask me out again so badly I'll drop to my knees after he spends a buck sixty on a coffee.

So I don't date here.
 onib4ku
Msg: 37
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 9/12/2006 1:18:28 AM
lol
all i gotta say is painted on fishooks are the worst
when i saw them i was like :O *barf*
but yeah
its like fishing... you stand a better chance at getting the fish you want with the bait you use

if you use a generic bait.. like worms .. there will be some that wont even bite...
you just gotta figure out if the guys that like worms are the guys that you like.. if not.. change the bait :)
 Roadkillsangel
Msg: 38
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 9/13/2006 12:31:26 AM
I'VE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGHT TO TALK WITH SOME NICE GUY'S WHO ENJOY TALKING AND GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER. i THINK THERE ARE STILL SOME NICE GUY'S OUT THERE.
 slow_hand_001
Msg: 41
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 9/13/2006 3:37:33 AM
could OP please stop yelling at us. If you were yelling the whole time you were on dates thats why the men can only stay one night.
 Roadkillsangel
Msg: 42
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 9/20/2006 10:34:02 PM
I can see why taffin is still single how rude, this isn't roadkillsangel I'm a friend of her's and I felt that I had to answer the comment made. Her last post grow up no need to be so rude and it's no an angry face it's a love face I suggest you look at the bottom page of face's more carefully before you say something so immature and unintelligent, hooked on phonic's are we .
 davemurray12
Msg: 43
view profile
History
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:34:10 AM
very much agree with u it seems that a lot of women on here wont there cake an eat it but wont committ there selfs to anything meaningful
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 44
view profile
History
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 1/31/2017 1:48:19 PM
who the fox

You did make me laugh.....thanks for that. By the way where do you get a coffee for a buck sixty!! In my country the least you pay is $2.50 and that is with the discount card lol!!

Sure some men are looking for a free prostitute and then again many women go along with it and there is the blow job in the carpark after a dinner. lol!!
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 45
DATING ON P.O.F.
Posted: 1/31/2017 3:00:15 PM

By the way where do you get a coffee for a buck sixty!! In my country the least you pay is $2.50 and that is with the discount card lol!!

Posts on this thread are from 2006. Perhaps coffee was less expensive over 10 years ago.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > DATING ON P.O.F.