Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > helpless with a side of lonely..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eddie0221
Msg: 2
helpless with a side of lonely..Page 1 of 1    
Stacy, You are young, beautiful, and have your whole life ahead of you! When I start to get lonely or depressed and just feel like things aren't working out the way it should, along comes two little furry mutts just anxious to show me there affection...lol

I also was in a bad car accident over a year ago and dislocated, broke, and torn both of my arms. (never use the dashboard to brace yourself against impact!) With a year of pysical theropy 3 days a week, i'm good as new. You are lucky and I would be thanking God that you are still alive.

Well, If you ever need a friend, I'm very good in that department!! :-)
 mcbobly
Msg: 6
view profile
History
helpless with a side of lonely..
Posted: 4/9/2006 4:41:39 PM
According to what I have read about you so far Stacy, you have come a long way and made great progress. Sadly there are people out ther that do judge others based solely on what they see or hear and it's total B.S. I get that a lot since I'm a bigger fellow but I just shrug it off and chock it up to their ignorance and lack of compassion. It seems like you are on the right track and with the beauty I saw in your photo you will find a great and wonderful man for yourself one day, but you have got to just keep on taking one day at a time which is what I do. Just keep telling yourself - I am a great person and I will be truly happy one day again. I understand it gets hard and at times you just want to throw in the towell, but with each day ther is new hope and the chance that your dream man is that much closer.
 really_nice2cu
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/10/2006 7:39:08 PM
First of all..I'm sending HUGE hugs your way, missy. I am in awe of what you've managed to accomplish..sounds like it's been a very rough road. Deep down you are obviously a very strong young woman..and I agree with the others..you're beautiful outside as well. If there's two things I've learned in this crazy thing called life: 1) There are no coincidences, everything happens for a reason and 2) That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You have a purpose..whether it's to remind those of us who've had it "easy" compared to you of how blessed we've been with our health..or that you can help others who've gone through similar situations down the road..only time will tell. I wish you all the very best.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/21/2006 9:47:54 AM
It won't matter if you talk slower to someone who is worth your time. Like others have had, you are still beautiful and you seem very nice. I think its probably going to be hard to find your grounding again, but you're getting there.

About the only thing I can see as a turn off is the fact you smoke, but a lot of people don't mind that I guess.

I think if you want to attract more attention here you should probably say more about your interests and try to focus on stuff that makes you happy... even if it doesn't seem like much does right now.
 Jroch
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/21/2006 10:42:53 AM
You have to decide that you will start 'from here'.. Give yourself 90 day goals, and work TOWARDS them. You MUST have a reason for surviving the accident (if you believe in THAT sort of thing). You probably have found out who your friends are, and aren't...

Also, when you feel self-consious about your slowed speach.. Ignore people that laugh, or ignore you. I stuttered, severely, and used to leave out words, to get a sentence out. I even changed my voice around friends... Kept quiet in public, BUT I had a lot to say, so I worked through it. You have YOUR whole life ahead of you. Do you like helping people? YOU have to start thinking what you DO want from life, not what you don't~ Possitive thinking, really works. Try the 90 day goals, and reset them, as you achieve them.. IT WORKS
 prolibertate
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/25/2006 2:39:17 PM
Stacy, I'm so sorry about what happened to you...but you should be so proud of how far you've come since your accident. Some people simply give up; you didn't do that - you learned to walk, talk and eat all over again, which I know couldn't have been easy for you. I don't know if your injuries prevent you from doing a lot of things, and I hope that they don't; but the alternative would have been much worse - from your pictures it looks like you have many people who care about you and that you care about; there are many people who don't have that, so see that as the blessing it is. You're a beautiful young woman, with strength, intelligence, and perseverance...as long as you recognize that, you can do anything you want to...and someday a very special person is going to recognize that in you and realize just what a unique, special woman you are.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > helpless with a side of lonely..