Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why is everyone so depressed?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ruckus123
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why is everyone so depressed?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
My life Sux...My stuffed animal dumped me. It won't sit in my crotch anymore :(

Maybe it's easier for them to type about it here to get it off thier chest? Talking about it helps the healing process.
 RSwindol
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Why is everyone so depressed?
Posted: 4/16/2006 5:30:08 PM
So what? Yeah, ending a relationship sucks, Life can be really rough at times, and yeah, it sucks when you don't feel attractive. What I really don't get is why you're airing all this dirty laundry on a public forum, where literally, you may know only one of the 10000000000000000 people responding.

First off, I don't consider myself one of these people, but I would like to stick up for them. Did you ever stop to ask yourself why these people are posting depressing threads about how their lives suck? Well it's for the same reason that they are on this site to begin with...THEY HAVE NO ONE ELSE TO TELL IT TO!!! You may not believe it, but not everyone on this site is here for the forums. Some actually come here to find companionship because they are lonely. Being lonely not only fuels their depression, but also provides them with no one to talk to about their depression. If you don't want to read their posts then that is your right, but don't bash them for being depressed...it will only make their depression that much more severe. DUH!

Also, WHY ARE YOU ANNOUNCING TO THE WORLD THAT YOU'RE UNNATTRACTIVE?!?!?!? I hope its not because you guys are desperate for attention, because frankly put, I don't care if you're actually ugly or not.. Once you claim you are, I'm not going to waste my time (and I promise you, any self respecting guy/girl won't either) trying to figure out if you are.. (and no, I'm not saying all of you are).

Are you saying here that unattractive people shouldn't admit to themselves that they are unattractive? Now that's just retarded. I am not all that attractive, but coming to grips with that has given me the motivation to adjust to a more upbeat personality. Knowing one's self and own limitations is very important.

Please step down from your high horse and take a look into the mirror of your soul and you will see that you too are not all the attractive. The only difference here is that your ugliness is not on the surface, but deep down where is makes even more of a negative impact on others. I would rather hear a physically ugly person admit that they are ugly any day of the week than hear a physically attractive person bash the less fortunate for coming to grips with reality.
 djc02359
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2006 5:45:57 AM
Online forums attract depressed people like flies to hitshay...and it's a great place to dump a lot of stuff because you don't know the other people. When I am depressed I don't want to bring friends and family down, so this is the place to vent if you ask me.
 djc02359
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2006 6:03:26 AM
Now..the question "Why is everyone so depressed?" is an interesting one.

My own personal theory is that clinical depression is caused by the imbalance in the body WHICH is caused by the toxins we put into our bodies every day. These toxins are found in ciggarettes, alcohol, food additives and the drugs used to treat all of these addictions. (I personally feel that refined sugar and flour products are two of the culprits that set this addiction cycle in motion.) The older we become, the harder it is to maintain this balance due to the damage that has been done by these toxins as we age. Therefore, people in their 20s and 30s experience the depression less because their bodies have a more ability to compensate and rebuild their bodies' damaged systems.

Unfortunately, once on the hamster wheel..it's pretty damn hard to get off....ex. Do I take the Prosac to alleviate the symptoms of depression which keep me from living a healthier life style..which initially caused the depression?? Or do I try to get out of the depression by myself, hoping I'll feel better and start living a healthier life style which will therefore negate the need for the Prosac????

~Just my opinion
PS If you've never experienced clinical depression, you don't really have the right to judge others who suffer from it.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:30:26 PM
They are depressed because they are waiting for their prescription of anti-depressents to be filled.
Carrie
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:57:28 PM
Carrie does buy shoes and is never depressed.
Carrie
 toonsmith
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2006 1:19:15 AM
Why is everyone so depressed?....maybe from reading this thread perhaps?
 toonsmith
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:38:50 PM
Why is everyone so depressed?.... Bush is still in office!
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:39:34 PM
People on here are'nt so depressed.

They're just pacing themselves when it comes to happiness
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why is everyone so depressed?