Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brawnydog
Msg: 3
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looksPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

I am not a Barbie, but I don't think I look that bad.

Barbie ain't the only pretty doll on the market.

You can write anything on your profile, but the question is can you stand behind it????

I sure as hell can. You're welcome to drive up to Lakeland...but, I do smoke. lol

How honest do you believe the majority of online personal ads are?

I think that most are sincere. Fear, insecurity, inability to communicate thoughts and
feelings, etc....are the errors in most false profiles. IMO

moo
 KittyKat~KittyKat
Msg: 14
why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks
Posted: 4/23/2006 5:35:04 PM
Wow, I'm very new to these online dating sites and the more I read about them, the more I'm wondering if it's worth your time. There are so many people that are just plain old hateful and mean to others that are nice to them. Who really needs that? At first I thought, WOW, what a neat way to find someone that lives close to you, but now I'm beginning to wonder. Sigh!

Btw, from another woman......I think your pictures are very nice and he was way out of line.
 Dulsinea
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2006 7:07:41 PM
I'd rather find out at the oneset than meet the guy and go out with him a few times and then have him just stop talking....

THAT is just so rude.

I want to meet a man who has the balls to be straight forward and honest. And it doesn't need to be in a rude way like that jerk was to you. A simple "I'm sorry but you aren't what I'm looking for" will do just fine.

That's ok. I get the last laugh. They don't know what they could have had.

And you're pics are fine KittyKat.....be glad you found out so fast what an ASS this guy was and I hope he's reading this!
 belly18dancer
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:07:38 PM
it's ok to judge on looks, since we all do it...however, it's another matter when you are outright rude about it....

i might tell someone they are not my type....or i don't think we're a good match....

i would never tell someone they were too ugly for me...because beauty is in the eye of the beholder....tom cruise and sexiest man alive george clooney are too ugly for me...I dont find them attractive at all...but other women do...to each his own....

but don't be rude...because if you are ugly on the inside then there really is no hope for you
 belly18dancer
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:48:24 PM
let's see when i answered an email the other day...i got back that i was a fat blonde whale from the same guy who had just told me i was sexy....

so sometimes rather than face the possible wrath of some man im rejecting...and yes i've heard the women can be rude when rejected also....i just sometimes hit delete
 Gideon_70
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/31/2006 7:41:11 PM
Many men say what you want to hear. It is to get what they want, and they know that if they play to your ideas of what a man is, then you will relax yourself, your belt, and your prohibitions. Then, once conquest made... While, sadly, men who are honest get few if any replies.
 looking for love 2nd x
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:23:17 PM
Witty

You are beautiful!!! and you are probably too good for him anyway! Always remember not everyone is for everyone, if they were then there wouldn't be so many of US singles.

And for the guys out there that want a polite "no thank you" you write back NASTY!
"what I'm not good enough for you" or " get a reality check" or "good luck finding someone" and I could go on and on........sometimes the delete button is best.

I do feel looks are important, I actually like someone on here, but he has too many "friends" and a criminal record, I would even overlook that for the time being just to get to know him better. I know I am stupid! But that goes to show you LOOKS RULE THE HEART FIRST!

And now for the men who don't know what the term B I T C H means

Being a **** means........I stand up for myself and my beliefs. I stand up for those I love, I speak my mind, I think my own thaughts, and do things my way. I won't compromise what's in my heart, I live my life my way, I won't allow anyone to step on me, I refuse to tolerate injustice, it means I have the courage and the strength to be ME! So try and stomp on me, douse my inner flame, squash every ounce of beauty I hold WITHIN. You won't suceed. And if that makes me a ****, so be it.

Looking

P.S for the men who want an independent woman, you don't know what that is.
 looking for love 2nd x
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:45:23 PM
ohhhhhhhhh, here is a good one!

rick0000 never talked to the man, he obviously read my profile and emailed me

YOUR A WACK JOB!!!

simple rule.......if you don't like the profile, hit the NEXT BUTTON.

and keep
 trac749
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:26:23 PM
"Thanks for the message, yeah I think you are right, don't be so nice"

I disagree with not being so nice. Just because someone else is being rude shouldn't change who you are as a person. You are who you are for a reason and if being a nice person is part of who you are, then you shouldn't change; plus, you make the world a better place.

I know I sometimes struggle with this too but refuse to let someone with an ugly personality get me down or make me react the way they do. The more I see rude people, the more I love myself.

Good luck!
 Natvcal
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:49:48 PM
Belly18 Dancer You are not a fat blonde whale. You are very beautiful. I find it interesting that a lot of the men on these sites want barbie and they are not much to look at themselves. There are more unattractive men on these sights than attractive ones. They need to get over themselves and take a long look in the mirror.
 cedar77
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 9:20:59 PM
Women are just as "look's" oriented as guy's are ..that I'm sure of.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:48:57 AM
So whats the best way to reply to someone who has responded to your ad but your just not attracted to?
 alamode
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/13/2007 6:39:01 PM
In response to wittywoman...I totally agree with you. You are very attractive and as a fellow woman, I understand completely how you feel. It is very offensive that some men think they have the right to judge us. I have introduced myself to some men and recently to one who asked me where I got off thinking that anyone as young as 35 would want to have anything to do with me. My response was that I was receiving so many intros from younger men, I simply decided to invite more of them to write. Who says age has to be a factor. Some younger men are so burnt out by the younger girls that they find some comfort in talking to an older woman. Hey, I'm not that bad to look at and have many younger male friends. And I mean friends. They honor me by asking my opinion and advice on certain matters. Even their love life. I respect that they can look to me for my wisdom. So you guys that think you're better than the "Lady" who introduces herself to you because you have a nice smile and you're not attracted to them. Be kind. How would like someone to treat your sister or mother like that you self centered Romeo.
 prdawson
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2007 10:49:44 AM
ok, heres the thing. since i have lived in the south. especially sarasota! all the men are so phoney, i could just spit. people are rude in general here in the south .there is no manners at all. to the person who suggested nice people finish last. screw that! not true! its us nice,honest people who get ahead in life. you get alot of junk on the internet. just remember , its all about timing. you might go years without seeing anyone good. my problem is, there is not alot of guys with looks. they look like inbreeds. sorry, just my opinion. if you dont like it, sorry!
 chefpat57
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/29/2007 12:05:28 PM
totally true.my mom always said men are from mars.i do not understand why men are so judgmental.if you are not barbie,you are nothing.to tell you the truth,they get what they deserve in the end.hurt and dumped by someone better looking than them.
 SouthernSpirit17
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/29/2007 3:00:33 PM
Hey y'all. Women are just as bad as men about judging the opposite sex on looks. But nobody seems to get their dander up about it till women complain about it. The younger the woman, the more she seems concerned about the looks of a man. The age facter is one point, but the other point is the increasing narcissism among Americans both male and female. Generally, the younger people are, the more selfish and "all about me" and "what I want" they are. I've noticed women love to complain about men. "It's all men's fault." "If it weren't for men....." Y'all know the gender rhetoric. But women cheat just as much as men nowadays! Women use men for money! Women sneak and scheme behind their man's back! Women even molest children and commit murder! The bottom line is that men and women are both human and both have the inate sin nature like or agree with it or not! Here's another point to ponder. Did any of you ever stop, step back, and attempt to view the big picture? I'm sure Adam and Eve weren't ugly, too fat, or too skinny by any definition of those words! They were perfect, but given the freedom of choice. They chose to disobey God and brought sin upon all creation namely us--humans! Naturally, as a result, genetic defects would slowly accumulate in the gene pool over time until today some 6 or 7,000 years later the human race has severely degenerated both mentally, physically, and genetically from our pre-flood ancestors and especially Adam and Eve. We have deformed, retarded, and less than par people of every degree in today's world. Some of us are blessed with good looks and brains but most of us are average if we're lucky. Then you have the severe offshoots that are way away from the middle or the common norm. Those are not only the disfigured, and the birth defected, but also those that look genetically deficient and are shaped very odd and inbred looking to varying degrees are signs of this genetic decay in the human race. We've all seen the women and men in the grocery stores or malls that whether they lose or gain or are skinny or fat, they have very asymmetrical faces, odd body shapes, and so on and so forth. We've seen the women (and men) with the huge guts that hang down to their knees while they hardly have a butt at all, spindly legs, fat back titties, and a bulldog head and face. We've all seen the short, dumpy-looking, squatty, inbred-looking people, too. This brings to mind certain illegal immigrants doesn't it? There is an inate (inborn) since of what's attractive and what's not. This fact is true whether one is Black, White, or Mixed, or what nationality one is. Beauty is not merely in the eye of the beholder. The further one is away from the mean or the common norm, the less people will find them attractive. Political correctness, tolerance and acceptence teachings, and tact can attempt to overshadow and bury these natural selective thoughts, but they are still there waiting to surface. The desire for someone good looking is perhaps the outward manifestation of the deep-seated real reason which is a healthy, genetically verile, vibrant, and healthy person to mate with to ensure the most healthy offspring! People today have turned a scientific simplicity into vanity and rudeness, but the principle is the same. So if you're gonna talk about men being rude by judging on looks then point a finger back at yourselves! We all do it. Those that claim they don't are in severe denial because they are convincing themselves to settle for someone because they themselves are too ugly or obese to get anybody but someone who looks like they do! This wasn't meant to be mean, but it's the truth. I know all you politically correct pantywaists out there will scoff, ridicule, and be horrified at this, but hey, I enjoy being a thorn in the side of that type. Much Abliged.

Billy
 SouthernSpirit17
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:44:15 AM
America has the highest percentage of fat people in the world hands down, and it seems to be on the rise. People want to blame genes, medicines, stress, life, glands, and everything under the sun except for who's truly responsible for being fat. Go look in the mirror and you'll see who's responsible for your abnormal large size. People claim to have dieted this way and that way, and have tried this diet, that diet, exercised, and such but are still obese. The bottom line is, you still live in America, surrounded by typical modern American habits and lifestyles. If you really wanted to lose weight you would! I guarantee you if any fat person went on the show Survivor, they would lose weight. If they had to be active and sweat all day from sun-up to sun-down they would definately lose the weight! So all you large fatties out there that want to sue airlines for charging double seats, and want to sue fast-food restaurants for "making you fat," and want to cry and whine "discrimination" when society points and laughs at you or denies you a job, or whatever, can go cry a river because it's your own fault for being fat! If you don't want to be made fun of, LOSE WEIGHT! And for all you idiots out there that want to get lyposuction and gastric bypass, consider this. Did you get obese by having an operation? Certainly not! Then you don't need one to lose weight either. All you "magic pill" poppers out there are circumventing the truth of yourselves and that is, you need to CHANGE YOUR HABITS AND LIFESTYLE TOTALLY! As for these 7, 8, 900, and 1,000 pounders who are bed-ridden, they are at fault for getting to that point. Once they are immobile, it's their's plus the person's fault who continues to bring them tons of food to eat everyday that is at fault for continuing and exacerbating the problem! If the person "caring" for that bed-ridden individual really cared for them they wouldn't have let them get like that in the first place, let alone continue it! And these parents that stuff their kids and turn them into 200 pounders at 5 or 10 years old aughta be jailed and their kids taken away. There's no excuse for being fat, genes, predisposition, medication, thyroid, or whatever! Your body can't magically produce fat out of thin air! People are the only creature on Earth that within it's own species is so drastically different from individual to individual. (Note: Dogs and other selectively (in)bred animals for human use are excluded). Any other species in it's natural state and design do not vary in size, or shape to the degree that humans do. That's partly our design and individuality that I'm sure was preplanned by God, but our unhealthy and harmful habits have greatly intensified and exaggerated those differences to the Nth degree. Just remember, God didn't make fat people. People's eating habits and lack of physical activity made fat people. If you can change it with habits and lifestyle, don't give God the credit for making you fat! That's a cop-out! Just look at older movies. Movies made back in the 30s, 40s, and 50s hardly had that many fat people in them. Sure there were some, but compare crowd scenes then with crowd scenes now. People through the years and decades have gotten fatter! Now check this out. I'm a big Japanese Godzilla fan. Godzilla started in 1954 and went till 2004. You look at the Japanese people in those movies from the first series 1954 to 1975 and you hardly ever saw a really fat person. A couple were a little thicker or stockier I should say, but most were of a healthy, natural size. Then in the second series from 1984 to 1998, you may have saw slightly a few more but still mostly average. Then in the third series from 1999 to 2004, maybe a few more in the crowd scenes, but nothing like America. Yet Japanese have thyroids, genes, eating habits, medications, etc. Their very slow rise in obesity comes from their very slow rise in American fast-food! Why didn't Americans starting getting really fat until the later 1970s and forward? Didn't Americans prior to that time have genes, thyroids, medicines, and eating habits as well? Or are all these things new additions to the human equation? Obviously not! If this offends anybody, well maybe it should. It's not my inention to hurt nobody's feelings, though.
 hdd532000
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/30/2007 12:55:56 PM
The damn fool must be blind.
 Meno001
Msg: 81
There are descent guys too.....the misguided ones will never be happy.
Posted: 3/31/2007 6:37:40 PM
I am embarrassed by the actions of our kind. Of course I seek the same thing; attention; however I try to have respect when approaching a delicate situation. I take things seriously but a lot of people really don't care about how disrespectful they can be.... I try to see the sunshine though the dark clouds and go for it, and life is to be lived.. (to be gotten).....
 confidentmom1963
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:27:57 PM
You are so right! Why is it nowadays men and let's face it women are just as guilty...are looking for the perfect outwards appearance in a mate? No one wants to get to know the true person. I am a confident woman who has alot to offer and yet when I speak to men on the phone, we seem to click then they stop calling or cancel our date using a lame excuse. I'm not looking for a one night stand. I just assume use a toy. They don't play with your emotions. We just have to go on living our lives to their fullest and one day Mr. or Ms. Right will just appear. Good luck to us all!
 Outlaw32583
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:33:44 PM
I have to say that I have met more rude women online than I have in some other venue. I messaged one lady telling her that she had some lovely pictures...she replied "of course someone like you would not understand such things" along with a montage of other insults and then said "women should not have to be treated this way."

The more I deal with online dating...the more I realize why some of these people are looking online...they'd get slapped or have a drink slung in their face for such an uncalled for attitude.

So, I guess it is on all sides....a sad testimony to how our culture is going down the tubes.
 hoboken777
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:15:49 AM
Hey Juanchito,
At least your getting e-mail. I can't even get any females on this site to e-mail me. I didn't realize I was that much of a troll.
 coolmuso
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2007 1:19:10 PM
Oh pleeze!! Give me a break. You think women are any different these days?? Trust me. Women can be downright CRUEL when approached by a guy who they find unnattractive. I have been laughed at, ignored, eye rolled, and falsely accused of harrassment simply because I lack a handsome face. Even on this site. I am not on much, but I have written a few ladies on this site. No, not hot 20 somethings. I am talking women who live near me and who are near my age. Now one of them ever responded. I was polite, cool, simple. Nothing crude. Nothing rude. Why did they not give me the courtesy of a response? If not looks, what else could it have been.

Take it from a man who has experienced the other side of the coin. Women are JUST as looks oriented, and can be TWICE as mean.
 Greatlegs123
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/6/2007 5:20:46 PM
I disagree with you. Why do you think anyone has to do something "wrong" in order to be divorced? What you wrote is complete unsophisticated. I relocated 12x for my exhusband's career and lived two of those years in a dangerous, overseas country. Never lived near my parents becauase his career always took us somewhere else. I raised our two sons alone for the most part since he was so busy working or golfing. While he used to take a nap I would wash and wax his car and my car. I was perfect. I was sickeningly perfect and won't ever be that way again. Your immature comment that people did something wrong in order to garner a divorce is completely juvenile in outlook and approach. You must not have lived a very big life to come up with that conclusion.
 Greatlegs123
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/6/2007 5:25:59 PM
Yes, men are visual. There is nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with a woman being visual either. However, there is such a thing as having some class, polish, and manners. I would NEVER hurt a man's feelings because he did not measure up to my riduculous standards. I have been around enough to know by now that looks don't mean much. They MIGHT get us into the door but after that we need to have common ground. If a man is looking for a cigarette smoker or drinking buddy, he will pass on me. If a man is looking for a hunting or fishing buddy, he will pass on me. I am a "nice" woman, educated, like to think I'm not too ugly, but so what? It does not matter what I think of myself as long as I behave decently and have manners, nothing else matters. My job in life is not to appeal to every man out there nor does every man need to appeal to me. I have plenty of self-confidence and spend a lot of time at home, alone, since I can no longer take the men around. They are just not for me so I am happier to stay home and read the works of Emily****nson which I do.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > why are men so rude to women, judging them by looks