Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hungry_Eyes
Msg: 3
Hockey Playoff PredictionsPage 1 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Now that my beloved Leafs are finally mercifully been put out to pasture...............

OK, here are my predictions:

Western Conference:

Detroit over Edmonton in 6 games...........(Edmonton will steal 2 at home)

Dallas over Colorado in 6 games..............(Before Colorado traded Goalies, I would have taken them in 6)

Calgary over Anaheim in 6 games........(Theres a possible upset here, Anaheim is young and extremely fast, the new rules will make it hard for Calgary to clutch and grab).

San Jose over Nashville in 6 games......(Reverse this pick if Nashville hadn't lost their Goalie for the season).

Eastern Conference:

Ottawa over Tampa in 5 games....(Hopefully the real Senator team will show up).

Carolina over Montreal in 6 games....(This is my other gut feeling upset, if Huet gets hot in net, don't be shocked if Montreal takes this in 6 or 7).

New Jersey over New York Rangers in 7 games......(do the math, goaltending is the difference).

Buffalo over Philadelphia in 7 games.....(This will be a war whoever wins will be ripe for the picking in round 2).
 lastchance70
Msg: 7
Hockey Playoff Predictions
Posted: 4/21/2006 11:04:40 AM
lol it's funny when people say calgary won't win,calgary is the only team that has a proven goalie,calgary will sweep the ducks,then when it's all done you oiler fans can come to calgary to watch our stanley cup parade,remember we won 2 years ago ,in game 6
 lastchance70
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/21/2006 1:22:39 PM
lol,who???? you guys must have prayed pretty hard when they won last time.lolcause calgary won the cup in game 6
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2006 6:31:38 PM
Man, that Philly series is becoming a joke, not 2 minutes go by without a penalty being called, and most of them are silly calls. Hockey is getting weak. Its like becoming womens hockey, I bet thats what it will come to, every hit seems to be getting called, its sad.
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2006 7:47:56 PM
I'm not dissing womens hockey, its just that they dont have checking in womens hockey.
 gr8 1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
tomorrow predictions:
Posted: 4/26/2006 6:30:14 AM
So far in a pool I am looking super!

Edmonton
Colorado
Calgary
San Jose

Ottawa
Montreal
New York
Buffalo

Ranger's are the only one's ruining the perfect sheet.
 mysterious5
Msg: 45
I see:
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:00:50 AM
Buffalo 4 Ottawa 1 - Ottawa in 7
Colorado 3 Aneheim 2 in overtime - Colorado in 5
New Jersey 3 Carolina 0 - Jersey in 6
San Jose 5 Edmonton 4 - Sharks in 7

Avs vs. Sens in final = ?
 Living hard
Msg: 48
ALBERTA ALL THE WAY!
Posted: 5/6/2006 6:04:26 PM
Just so you all know, Edmonton Oilers is going all the way......it is about time that an Albertan Team win the Stanley Cup.

It will be nice to see Edmonton vs. Ottawa in the play-off. THen we know that a Canadian Team will take it!
 mysterious5
Msg: 52
My Predictions:
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:43:05 PM
Ottawa games already started but i'll say Edmonton will take it 3-2 tonight in overtime, but only if they start hitting.
 kisssmeehere
Msg: 57
so let se what Riot decides...
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:47:45 PM
It's funny to see all of the early predictions that were made. I'm not making a prediction here, but is it just me or is that Buffalo Sabres announcer just annoying???? Calm down, dude..... sheesh.
 ooollly
Msg: 62
Friday Prediction
Posted: 5/12/2006 4:54:18 PM
i see edmonton and anahiem in the western conference finals...and buffalo and carolina in the eastern conference finals...with both carolina and edmonton advancing to the stanley cup finals...with the hurricanes prevailing in game 7 (double overtime).sorry oilers fans...carolina is just to strong a team.the oilers will become the champs next year.
 GT99
Msg: 71
A Tale of Two Cities
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:34:55 PM
"This goes out to all you Easterners who wonder about this so-called Battle of Alberta and what the deal is.

Calgary's Red Mile (17 Avenue SW): Police outnumber fans 5 to 1 (it seems). Full riot gear on hand ready to tackle any unruly fans. Get the tear gas ready, some delinquent Flames fan dares to wave a large flag! $50 fine! What? Some guy honking his horn? $250 fine!!! Those chickies better not bare their breasts or more fines will follow! This **stard is yelling too loud! $100 fine! Many jaywalkers are ticketed and fined! Oh the humanity! Mayor Dave Bronconnier pleads with Calgarians - please respect the cops! He admits to being so wrong in telling Calgarians they could head down to the Red Mile to enjoy the celebrations. Head home, stay home and lock your docks! There are jaywalkers out there!

Edmonton's Blue Mile (Whyte Avenue): 49 people arrested and 10 people are stabbed. Numerous assaults have taken place. Rowdy fans smash bus shelter windows and litter the street with beer bottles and broken glass. 4 criminal charges are laid - one for assault, one for impaired driving, and 2 for mischief. The street reaks of urine as rowdies urinate (and defacate) as they see fit. Mayor Stephen Mandel tells fans, "Try not to be such a yahoo"."

are you serious?????

thats insane, should have seen london when canada won the 2002 olympics...same stuff, minus the fine and the cops, hell the cops were celebrating too.

when was waving a flag or honking a horn a fine????

that is unreal
 coolerinreallife2
Msg: 78
East/West Conference Finals!!
Posted: 5/20/2006 10:07:43 PM
Buffalo in 5
Edmonton in 5

Edmonton takes the cup...in 7
 coolerinreallife2
Msg: 79
East/West Conference Finals!!
Posted: 5/22/2006 8:52:08 AM
Ya know; I'm wonderin if Anaheim is even going to take a game in that series.

Edmonton is not exactly the easiest place to steal a game.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 101
BTW....
Posted: 6/3/2006 3:29:34 AM
am i like the only one that thinks the cains are going to destroy the oil?

Yes. But don't let that stop you from being wrong..... again.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 102
BTW....
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:45:27 PM
I love this smackemhard person. He's a virtual quote machine. In fact, I took a trip down memory lane and came up with this compilation of smackemhard gems (there were so many more but, alas, time didn't permit):

edit: I put the best line in bold! Let's see if this jogs his memory

March 22nd
prediction for the confrence finals

nashville vs flames
Carolina vs devils or rangers

sens out 2nd round
oil out in 6 first round or nucks out in 5 first round both won't make it to the playoffs
canadiens and leafs out of playoffs

these are my thoughts not yours

March 16th
hows fighting for a playoff spot? anyone remeber when the oil went past the 1st round of the playoffs or is every one just seeing stars lol

March 17th
whos on top of the northwest? hummm.... oh yeah its the flames. what teams did 10, 20 30 years ago doesn't mean anything in whos good now. is all great that the oil won a few cups but who was the team that stopped them.....the canadiens who is the only team to beat them for the cup at the forum. the puck stops here with calgary. and besides i can't remember another team other then the oil that have scored the game winning goal in a game 7 against there own team....i can't wait for next season in the whl when you edmonchumps get your whl team it will be good to see the hitmen have another team to beat up on

and..

yeah but your werent. hey how about them rush lol roughnecks sure are stomping on them. 14-4 last time i checked. just like most things calgary will beat edmonton every chance we get. god do those rush suck almost as bad at the oil. face it calgary is better then edmonchump in anyway you could name.

and..

speek up your to low in the standings to here anyone from your dirty city talk. whats that? sorry when your teams on top its hard to hear the teams fighting for a playoff spot.

March 18th

you see jack theres where it goes to the reading again...i already gave you spelling and grammer. anyways oils and flames lets see

we have kipper, better goaltending

the dion our rookie d amn is better then your top d man

offence you have some speed but lack the grit and hard work to make it deep in the playoffs

and the coach we have sutter

you want a battle of wits remeber what i said in more then post. it really helps. face it the flames are better then the spoilers this season. thats all i am saying. go ahead and attackj my spelling and grammer. i really don't care. hell you don;t need to spell lord stanley to have your team win it. i said i was here to talk hockey.... you have stopped any comments on hockey awhile ago. it really shows the type of fan up in the chuck.

you know what i hope the oil make playoffs in fact i want the flame sto play them first round. will you shut up then when we beat you in 5 games? how sure are you about your oilers? i tell you how sure i am about the flames son! if the oilers last longer in the playoffs then the flames i will polish the edmonton sity of chumps sign with a toothbrush wearing a dress. so jack i am done with this childish garbage. tell me why the oilers are a better team...

and...

come on rolo is good but he is not a cup contending goaile. pronger come on dude he is old and weak. reggie is way tops of that one. you really think come playoff time pronger is going to be your top d man. come on due his playing 30 min a game the oil have no d. pronger would be lucky to be the 6th d man on the flames. and whats this talk about roling lines? what the hell do you think sutter does there is no set lines in calgary on any night anyone can be on any line. the oil's best play isn't fit to lace up iggy's skates.

and if your better then why are you not top of the northwest? hummm? answer that.....4 points and 2 games in hand. flames are just getting warm.. . your only think the reg season. look at the flames they are made for playoffs. there is no team in the nhl that wants to play us in the playoffs. why? cause they feel even if they beat us they will be to beat up to win the next round. hard work grit and defence pluss the kipper babay thats what i am talking about.

and...

hows yoru boy rolo doing ohh yeah he is already a losser a few times.

jovo is even better then pronger

Tick Tock
Msg: 105
BTW....
Posted: 6/4/2006 5:23:13 AM
smack, I've gotta call you on it when it's there. no one messed up but you. in fact, you didn't even make a bet, you made a general statement which, of course, in true flames fashion, you'll never live up to. sorry but you've made this too easy on the rest of us. here's a little bit of advice for you, don't make predictions based on hatred - 9 times out of 10 you'll be wrong and make an a*** out of yourself like you did this time around.

All I want to know right now is if you're gonna wear a pink dress or a red one? You'll be real popular in Cowtown right now with the whole Brokeback Mountain thing and all.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 106
BTW....
Posted: 6/4/2006 11:59:42 AM
How about:

if the oilers last longer in the playoffs then the flames i will polish the edmonton sity of chumps sign with a toothbrush wearing a dress.

So...do you think he'll look good in pink coctail dress?
 rocker_85
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/6/2006 5:31:06 AM
that game last night was messed. i hope that idiot goalie gets beat. i know, i couldnt do anybetter, but at least i wouldnt be dancing behind the net with 45 seconds left in the 3rd, trying to pass the puck to a player whos 2 feet behind me WHERE I SHOULD BE, god damnit!
ps: edmonton in 6, biats
 masterspirit
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:04:40 AM
lol oilers fans are in denial
 Tick Tock
Msg: 113
Game #2 Jokery
Posted: 6/8/2006 12:24:39 AM

If they get beat in 4, I guess Calgary IS better. At least we made it to Game 7 in 2004!!!!

Using your logic, then I guess the Oilers are infinitely better than the Flames since we have 5 Cups and you guys only have 1. You see, that Flames team in '04 is not the same Flames team that is playing in '06. Plain and simple, the Oilers team of 2006 is better than the Flames of 2006. Also, you might be able to make that comparison if the Flames went 7 games without Kipper, but he was in net the entire time and was the only reason they weren't swept in 4.

PS. I still believe that the Oilers will make a series out of this yet. This game was not representative of what the Oil have done during these playoffs. We shall see this Saturday. Don't forget, we dropped the first two games against the Sharks as well.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 116
Game #2 Jokery
Posted: 6/9/2006 2:09:20 AM
i don't know why tick tock you always try and try everything around. its getting really old

cuz you make it so easy my friend

but we stopped you 2 times in the oilers prime

huh? "2 times"??? We were only beaten by the Flames once - and really, it was the Oilers who beat themselves in that only victory you had against the Oil in the playoffs.

and its way better to be lose in 7 then get blown out in the finals in 4 or 5. and in 04 no salary cap, a big difference. and so what about rolo, we had injured players more then the oil do now. and there is no way even you think rolo is as good as kipper, kipper was our best player in 04, sorry but rolo was good, but hands down it goes to pronger, and everyone blocking shots to the oil, and guys like smyth. the 04 flames vs the 06 oil would be a great macth up. hell if we would have beat the ducks this year that 2nd round would have been a great one. our record agaist the oil has shown that.

No one is arguing that Kipper is better than Rolli, but the fact that your team would have been swept without him in 2004. We have lost Roloson which is a huge, HUGE psychological blow to the Oilers who've had absolute confidence in their goaltender throughout these playoffs - which translates into more confident and inspired play throughout the ranks in front of him. Now we're stuck with two goalies that could tank games all by themselves as they've repeatedly demonstrated throughout the season. You see, if you lost Kipper in '04, you would have been left with a respectable back-up goalie, although you would have lost the series quickly. What are the Oil left to choose from? Dumb and dumber. In that regard, I think this is equivalent to losing Kipper.

And yes, the defence of the Oil has a lot to do with where they are, but what good is that if we have to worry about the 1 or 2 shots that actually get through? Even though he played a somewhat good game 2, you never know when Jussi will revert to his old form. We'll see what happens when the rest of the team picks up their form in Game 3 whether Jussi will hold up his end of the bargain. In Game 2, he was the best Oiler on the ice.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 117
Game #2 Jokery
Posted: 6/9/2006 1:35:30 PM

and anyways what was that about me being wrong again about the canes in 5? seems like i might have hit that nail right on the head. canes are by far the better team, out played the oil in every area of the game so far.

Still remains to be seen. I still maintain that we have not seen the same Edmonton Oilers that we saw throughout the playoffs. If that team shows up, this series will go the distance. If not, then it's curtains...

and turek would have been decent in the playoffs for us. he does have a 12-9 record with only 2.23 gaa. its hard to say what would have happend. if the part of the game against the sharks in 04 told us anything then he would have been great. however how long could he have held us in there? no one could say its one of those things. we never will know.

Turek is 10 times the goalie that Jussi and Conklin are, but he's no Kipper. Kipper was robbing games all by himself - stopping point blank shots, two on ones, going from one post to the other to plug a once wide-open net, giving up next to no rebounds and was positionally sound on every shooter. I remember how frustrating it was to watch him rob Lecavalier, Fedetenko, Richards, and so on and so on, repeatedly and repeatedly. I honestly don't believe that Turek could have elevated his game to that level and the Flames definitely would have been swept or done in 5 games.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 118
Game #2 Jokery
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:04:03 AM
no you really are its just the canes are better. ask why the oil are down 2-0....canes win the faceoff battle, shot block and you name it. i thought you at least of all could coe up with something of reason. even if not the same oil different teams change the way teams play

Oh man, you've been drinking too much antifreeze, smack. If you honestly believe that the Oilers are playing the same way they did throughout the playoffs, then you are the only person that feels that way. I guess you're just so blinded by your hatred of the Oilers that you can't think logically and/or there is a massive disconnect between your eyes and brain. Let me break it down for you. As far as faceoff battles are concerned, that's been one of the Oilers strengths throughout the season, but the Canes are also an awesome faceoff team, so this isn't what I'm referring to. One of the areas that the Oil have been neglecting is shot blocking, an area that they dominated most teams and all teams they've faced until now. They dropped from blocking over 20 shots a game to a measly 7 the other day. Obviously this is one area of their game that they can pick up again. The Oilers have usually dominated the forecheck and physical game, but have shown a noticeable dropoff in that area as well. Also, no one is standing in front of Ward which makes his saves that much easier. There are so many other things I could point out that the Oilers aren't doing in this series, but the good thing is that the Oilers can easily fix these deficiencies and revert back to their old form.

and leave it alone dude, mwith kipper we had the cup in 6 with turek maybe we would have been done in 4 or 5....but you give us back all of the other players we were missing and even with turek its done in 6.

Just in case you forgot...you guys lost in 7. Let me guess, your still hung up on that so-called phantom goal in OT. Priceless!

how many players are missing from the oil line up? and what leval of players? cole is gone from the canes and thats about the same as rolo if not mayber more of a hit to the canes. look at what the flames did in 04 only 2 games played with a full roster. tickers your not making any sense at all.

Silly smack, you make me laugh. Everyone with a brain knows that the goalie is one of the most important players on a team. It is the only position that can make or break a team. One or two players out of a lineup can be compensated for, but a disaster in net can ruin a team.

i told z24 the sens had no chance, and i am telling you the oil have no chance. its done its over the canes are going to win the cup.

Nice to know that you were right about at least one series.

so if turek is 10 times the goalie of Jussi and Conklin and kipper is way better then turek, heck at one point turek was 3rd sting in 04......then the flames in 04 are no macth for the oil in 06. so you admit the oil are lucky, heck the ducks had a better 1, 2 punch then the oil, sharks better, canes way better. you make no sense. flames without kipper and under sutter were still destroying the oil

Ok...I'm gonna have to bring in a psychiatrist to interpret this last paragraph. You're rambling and making contradictory points. Let me lay it out for you: If the "ducks had a better 1, 2 punch then the oil," and the Ducks beat the Flames in 7 but the Oil beat the Ducks in 5, then...(I'll let you fill in the blanks)

tick why would someone from alberta care what a bc boy has to say..its a fact that alberta knows more about hockey then bc. leave it alone, alberta way better then bc. i don't not care what someone in nucks area says!

You know what they say about assumptions, don't ya smack? I was born-n-raised in Edmonton but live and work in Vancouver now.

peace i called canes in 5 it maybe looks like canes in 4

Are you gonna wear a dress and clean our City of Champions sign in a dress again if you're wrong? You still haven't ponied up on your last promise.

ps i think tick has a crush on me, never seen anyone hang on to my words like tick.

You Cowtowners make me laugh. Ever since "Brokeback Mountain" you hillbillies have these man-on-man fantasies. Sorry smack, can't help you out there, buddy. You're just gonna have to smack it harder.
<- does that turn you on?

i must be like his jesus, he can quote me all the time like what i write is the bible. damn dude read something else.

Yup, a really dumbed-down bible for the intellectually challenged.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 119
Game #2 Jokery
Posted: 6/10/2006 2:36:33 PM

^^^the thread is about predictions...and i predict that you are talking in the wrong thread. if your looking for a "verbal" or "internet war" go to the hockey thread or simply email the guy. dont do it here. this is for predictions only

Chill out, dude! Only responding to his post. If he wants an "internet war", then we can take it somewhere else. Personally, I thought it was amusing.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Hockey Playoff Predictions