Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > abused kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluedew
Msg: 10
abused kidsPage 1 of 1    
Call CAS, you don't have to identify yourself. I wish I had when I had the opportunity, I used to take this girl in from time to time, her dad was a drunk and used to beat up the Mom. She would come to my house for a proper meal and some peace. I didn't call because I didn't want to cause the Mom any more grief, her being the sole provider and not knowing how to get out. I was having a lot of problems of my own and looking for a way out myself, in the end got screwed by the landlord and my ex, double whammied. Now I find out this girl is always in trouble, the Dad is gone, and Mom is probably just hanging in. Who knows what went on in that house.
On the other hand make sure you know for sure abuse is going on, my ex was horsing around with my daughter and someone thought she was being abused, he wouldn't hurt her for the world, my girl is a tomboy and was beating up her dad, they get very loud and rambunctious.
 Kiaa
Msg: 16
abused kids
Posted: 5/5/2006 2:40:13 PM
you can get involed with out anyone knowing about it jsut ask to remain nameless
 Holy Grail
Msg: 18
view profile
History
abused kids
Posted: 5/6/2006 12:39:50 PM
I was brought up old school. When I messed up, i got spanked for it. Obviously I didn't like it as a kid, but as I look back on it now, I have no problems about how I was raised, and I turned out to be a good-hearted person that believes in respect cause thats what I was taught. Some times the hard way...

Child abuse is very wrong, but some people can't seem to distinguish the difference between that and child disciplining. There is a difference.

Seems like every young generation is behaving worse and worse these days. Sometimes I wonder if it's from lack of discipline.
 PiEd_PiPeR
Msg: 20
abused kids
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:19:57 AM
I strongly agree with "metjs"

Coming from a very Violent child hood,, i couldnt agree any more,,

Love peace, forgiveness

Pied Piper
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > abused kids