Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 2
WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
The taller the better for me!
~Carrie
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 3
WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?
Posted: 4/27/2006 1:40:29 AM
The general equation is you should be her height + 4 inches (so you'll still be an inch taller when she wears 3 inch heels).

However, you can lower that number by up to 3 inches if YOU have an extra 3 inches ;-)
 shuttermonkei
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:30:06 AM
Personally if a guy interests me enough I don't mind if he is a few inches shorter than me but I do prefer a guy who is at least my height (5'9") or taller. I already have a LOT of friends who are MUCH shorter than me and bending down to hug them or always towering over them makes me feel kinda clumsy and giant-ish. so if my guy is taller than me it is a big plus.
 Printscharming
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/27/2006 5:42:51 AM
If you can kiss him while your slow dancing it's a plus. I you can hear his heart beat, you'll feel warm. If you can hear his stomach growl, time to find someone else.
 Printscharming
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/28/2006 2:25:27 PM
I forgot to ask...prone or upright?
 sayonara7
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/28/2006 5:44:38 PM
I was wondering the same question, well I'm glad atleast one person likes a short woman when he is 6 feet himself.
 heltster
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:33:05 AM

I'm 5'8' and most of the guy's I've been interested in have been my height or maybe a few inches taller at best.

I'd prefer a guy my height or taller although I wouldn't call it a necessity. There are plenty of nice guys 5'7' and shorter and I think eliminating them from the potential dating pool based on something physical like that is just silly.

right on, the taller you are the more you should like short men! I mean who can do the small things better? Who can walk through a 5'9" doorway without having to terribly bend down? You see, tallism is a sweep that has swept across the country, even though they are the freaks! I am not calling you a freak, you are shorter than 6' tall!
 heltster
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/9/2006 11:34:09 AM

I'm 5'8' and most of the guy's I've been interested in have been my height or maybe a few inches taller at best.

I'd prefer a guy my height or taller although I wouldn't call it a necessity. There are plenty of nice guys 5'7' and shorter and I think eliminating them from the potential dating pool based on something physical like that is just silly.

right on, the taller you are the more you should like short men! I mean who can do the small things better? Who can walk through a 5'9" doorway without having to terribly bend down? You see, tallism is a sweep that has swept across the country, even though they are the freaks!
 Kennyb25501
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2006 7:58:58 PM
I am 6'7 if there are any takers.. I ahve heard Sooo many TALL jokes..

To me it does not matter the size of the woman if she keeps herself well and is a good person at 5'0 to 6+ does not matter. Some Tall women and short should possibly look at something else besides size as to hy they cannot get a man. Cause from all the guys I know They are NOT too picky...

Ratero-park-man
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/12/2006 10:56:19 PM
I think anyone who says that the height difference must be a foot or higher is not only shallow but absolutely out to lunch. Some people just need to be educated.

I would say anywear from 2 to 4 should be enough, anything more is going into the selfish /shallow/unrealistic/joke category.

Offourse if it happens that a guy who is over a foot taller then the lady he's dating, there is nothing wrong in that in an off itself. Only when someone makes a requirment for their guy to be that much taller (4inches and more ) then that is wrong.
 DaMOM
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/14/2006 5:42:36 AM
My son is 5'10" and his ex was 4'10". BUT now he has one the opposite in every way, and she is 6'1" and they are great together. They are both very secure within thenselves so they don't have any problem with it. Personally, I want a man who will treat me right wheither he is shorter than me, which at 5'1 1/2" I haven't met many besides my dad, or taller than me, although I prefer not to have to carry a stepstool around with me in case I should want to kiss him!
 rsoxfancg
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/27/2006 11:20:48 PM
Height is overrated
 Rebellious
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/28/2006 9:28:46 AM
I'm open-minded on height, I'll date girls from 5'2" to 6'2"

who_the_fox
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/28/2006 11:02:25 AM
My personal preference is for men 9-12" taller....

Mom said its because I'm trying to breed in some height ( I am the shortest person in my family for 4 generations)
 Runs With Squirrels
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2006 11:13:27 AM
I've dated guys right around my height (5'8"), up to 6'4". I've never dated anyone shorter than me, at least not for the long term. But . . . if I were designing my "ideal" guy (LOL), he'd be between 6' and 6'3". Tall enough that I can tuck my head onto his chest fairly easily, but not so tall that I get a crick in my neck kissing him! LOL
 RANGER FAN
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/28/2006 11:21:43 AM
I find it ironic that some women will yell shallow at any guy that mentions a womans weight on this forum but some of the same women have absoluttely no problem showing their own form of shallowness to the world in regards to height.
I could not care less if the girl I date is 5 foot tall or 6 foot tall. Thats how god made her. She has no control over that. If I had a problem with some ladies height I better take it up with God. Now at least in regards to weight I can work hard and try to keep myself in good shape. Thats in my control. :)
 * Succinct *
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/7/2007 10:31:04 PM
I had no idea it was that important to women, now if THEY were only honest and put it on order of what they really want......height AND THEN honesty.
 venusflytrap
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/7/2007 11:35:48 PM
I am only 5'2" so in theory the dating pool is a larger one if I will date 5'8" and up (then when I wear my 6 inch heels they are the same height). But, like I do love tall men!!!
 Mo689
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:32:31 PM
I completely agree with you. If the height requirement happens it happens but absolutely MUST NOT BE A DAMN REQUIREMENT!!! I totally agree 2 to 4 inches MAX is the perfect enough for a guy to be taller than her. When a guy that is a foot taller than her I guess then the lady is going to have to start wearing 6" to 10" heals lol!! If women have so high height requirements then men should have their requirements. If women want shuch tall guys and they are so damn short then when they go out the men should have their women wear super super tall heals like 6, 8, 9, 10 inch heals LOL then they will start to learn with all the broken ankles that 2 to 4 inches taller than her is perfect and women will get over there height fetish real quick.
 Ssongbird
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/8/2009 9:57:15 PM
7-9 inches taller feels best to me, but at least 5 inches taller. My average shoe is about 2 or 2.5 inches. Although most of the men on here are using some strange, alternate form of measurement so maybe I should say even taller.
 EvilLolli
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:15:11 PM
Well since I have dated men that were 2-3 inches shorter than me(in bare feet) to about 10 inches taller than me, um............

I would have to say tall enough not to talk to my boobs when barefoot and short enough I don't need a step stool for a kiss.

The major turn off though is the attitude that some have because of their height. Napolean complex and Adonis complex are never sexy or appealing. Oh and men that have hang-ups if my six-inch platforms make me taller than them! I love my plat boots and heels, so I am not giving them up for someone else's insecurity.
 867love
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:25:54 PM
as long as our tongues line up fairly well without having to twist our necks, im happy

liveyourlife
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:34:08 AM
Preferably taller than me, I'm 4'11" (so not too hard to find someone taller... ) I have a guy friend who says that I'm the perfect height (he's 5'9"). I once dated a guy that was 6'3", it was great cuz he could get stuff out of the top cupboards, but other then that it was awkward.
 suibhne
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:42:04 PM
That depends on how insecure the person is I guess. Since most of society is superficial, often after many trials and errors, people settle down to what feels comfortable for them. As stated earlier, females find taller males more attractive because it gives them a sense of security.

There is this one girl, who is 4'11 wanting guys over 6'. Being crude, I wrote her to inform her that sold buckets, so that she could purchase one in order to stand on to kiss em.

As long as you dont mind breasts poking you in the eye, or resting an elbow on your head, whatever goes for you.

Vincent_1984
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2009 6:07:32 AM
Ideal height for me would be my height, makes it easy to see eye to eye. It doesn't really matter though, I have no issues with women who are taller or shorter than I am.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > WOMEN: What is the ideal height difference between a man and a woman?