Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alaska  > Introduce Yourself Here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 markus
Msg: 0
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This thread is to be used for introductions, give a brief description about yourself!
No phone numbers or email address's allowed!
 dabbs
Msg: 2
you have a great state
Posted: 2/16/2005 5:12:00 PM
Hi Bill,
I am guessing wasilla is near anchorage, you have some beautiful country up there. I have spent some time in the North Pole area. Been as far south as Valdese Bay. Only time in Anchorage was time at airport. Enjoy your wonderful state. Debbie
 akreporter1350
Msg: 3
you have a great state
Posted: 3/1/2005 12:58:26 PM
I live in Anchorage, the big city in Alaska. I've been here for more than 10 years, with only a one-year hiatus to Pennsylvania--just enough to kill my permanent fund eligibility
The best pizza in the state can be had at the Moose's Tooth, if you're willing to wait an hour for a table and shout above the din. There are lots of great spots in Anchorage... it's a city with a lot more going on than you'd expect from a town with just a quarter-million residents. If you've just moved up here, or are thinking about it, feel free to ask me any questions about life in the Last Frontier.
-dave-
 jorilynn
Msg: 4
view profile
History
single and free
Posted: 3/23/2005 7:39:47 PM
36 year old female looking to meet . im in anchorage but live in kodiak, i will be in anch. for a few months. recently divorce , looking for a play mate
 se0044th
Msg: 5
Finally made it!
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:00:38 PM
Hello, I just arrived in Anchorage to start a new job and to change the pace for awhile. I'm originally a farm boy from Montana, but now using my college education for a change. I"ve been up on vacations a few times and fell in love with the place....especially during the salmon runs. I'm looking forward to some hockey and meeting some interesting people. Thanks.
 SANDE1
Msg: 6
Finally made it!
Posted: 9/11/2005 2:32:31 AM
Hi. Im from Ontario and was surfing the forums and saw Alaska. What the heck. Introduce yourself whether you ever meet or not is what I said.

So. Hello.

Hopefully some of us will have something in common and can yak about it once in a while.
 jcsmann
Msg: 8
from hornersville,mo. lived in fairbanks awhile.wanna come back
Posted: 10/28/2005 1:34:31 AM
howdy,y'all!! from the middle of a cotton field in southeast missouri. i wish i was back there soooooo bad.
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 10
from hornersville,mo. lived in fairbanks awhile.wanna come back
Posted: 10/20/2006 6:30:06 PM
G'day... I'm from the other end of the planet, Melbourne Australia I thought I would pop in and introduce myself and see how the other half of the planet is.

We dont have wolves here but we do have Dingos, but I tend to think that wolves are more captivating than our Dingo's. I guess the only other thing in common is that we do have penguins and whales visit our shores in the winter.

all the best from Melbourne australia..

xx

BadMoggy
Msg: 11
Hey where is all the 30 somethings?
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:51:12 PM
Hey, My name is Bill and Im an artist most recently from Salt Lake City... Im looking to meet new people and make some friends up here to pass the time when Im not working. I would love to meet my soul mate up here but lets start with meeting new people first I will find the chemestry when it happens....
So if your into long intellectual conversations and like music, art, poetry, movies,long walks, beer, Anthropology, Ancient history, or just surfing channels on cable.... sounds like we might have something in common..
 byfar
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Greetings:
Posted: 10/26/2006 11:11:38 PM
Again Greetings...I live in SE AK, you know...that RAIN forest. I was born here...left and got back after 45 years. I am soooo glad that I made it back. I am looking for long term, just not in a hurry...rat race is in lower 48...I'm an outdoor woman...AK is home, i would like to see more of it....Whatever you do ENJOY !

Byfar AK
 akgrl
Msg: 14
Greetings:
Posted: 2/17/2007 11:12:04 PM
Hi there. I'm a newbie to this site and to Alaska. I live and work in Anchorage. I'm interested in meeting men who like to hike, fish and enjoy the outdoors. I'm also wanting to meet a guy who likes archery.
 me2inAk
Msg: 17
New Here Too
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:56:34 PM
Ok, first I'm new here to the great state of Alaska, transplant from Virginia. To be extremely honest... I'm here hoping to meet new people in the Wasilla area to talk, chat, email. and eventually hang out with. I'm not sure about online dating in general so I figured I could get to know some people and take it from there. Thus...when curious folks visit the profile...it says "not looking", because I'm not interested in anything other than friendship right now. Friends is good though? Right? Hello? Anyone out there....?!?
 kiliian1976
Msg: 18
hey, could i get some help?
Posted: 7/4/2007 1:02:38 AM
I've been here in Delta Junction with the Army since December of 2005 and I can't seem to find anybody anywhere!?? Help??!!! Where are the hangouts in Fairbanks and or N. Pole??? I know the places here in Delta: Buffalo Lodge, Clearwater Bar, The Sawmill... so any ideas??

Les
 AKmarriedguylooking
Msg: 19
Just looking around, saw the thread, wanted to say hello :)
Posted: 8/3/2007 5:33:56 PM
I like to see the Alaska section getting people talking. I have been here over 15 years now, love this great state and will never leave it. Hope to strike up some good conversation with some of you and wishing you all good luck in your searches.
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 20
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 12/4/2007 9:13:20 AM
I'm from Alaska and now live in Michigan because of a job change. I do miss the state, especially this time of year. I am probably one of about 7 Alaskans who prefer the cold and dark of winter to the sun and heat -- and CROWDS -- of summer. Wish I was back!
 SassySky
Msg: 21
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 1/8/2008 10:11:30 AM
Wow, I am a forum junkie and just noticed this post..I have been in Ak this last time since 94. I have traveled as far north as you can go, and then as far south on the Islands as you can.. I Moved from the Copper Valley in 04 to the great S.E. I love it.
I am a like a duck that has found water after a drought..
I do miss the Machining, ice fishing etc.
I also would love to see more Alaskans come in here and discuss our State.
Have a great day and any newbys that come by give a shout..
You know we may be the biggest state but we are by far the least populated
Sass
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 23
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 7/17/2008 4:19:49 PM
I live in the middle of nowhere of Arizona desert. I love the DRY HEAT.

My children are betraying me.

My oldest went up to Alaska to fish and he won't come back.

My second settled sorta in the Pacific Northwest to do contracting but he says he's moving to Alaska in about a year. Once he digs his heels in, they are in.

My daughter, 13, announced that she will go wherever her big brothers go.

My foster daughter, all getting settled on the East Coast running a dance studio has announced, SHE IS MOVING TO ALASKA.

I feel cold already.

I see it coming.

The company I work for is based in Alaska. I can transfer. Eventually. NO HURRY. DO YOU HEAR ME BOYS???? I'm freezing. LOL

Evil evil brats. How could they do this to me?
I wish they weren't so fun and I didn't miss them, but I see the oldest ones so rarely now just because of distance, and when the grandma things starts, I know I want to be around.

So, here I am. Moving, eventually, to Alaska. Geeze. I raised them in the desert and see how they turn on ya?
 joannemeow
Msg: 25
Canadian in the NORTH and loves it
Posted: 12/17/2008 1:26:15 PM
JOANNE FROM MICHIGAN
 ohdriver
Msg: 26
Canadian in the NORTH and loves it
Posted: 5/10/2009 11:59:26 AM
Hi JOANNE, welcome to Plenty Of Fish.
 Veritas88
Msg: 28
Life and love - bring it on!
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:31:38 PM
Hi, I'm Laura and just posting on here as I heard there are more men than women in Alaska so the probability of meeting a man is higher. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Well, am back searching for Him and man! are you going to get an earful when I find you! Where are you, for one thing, and what has taken you so long to find me? Gosh, I've been here, in the same city most of my life...maybe I have to travel and find you out there...somewhere in the big ol' world.
I do believe in true love as I am an idealist and a hopeless romantic. And I'm holding out for Mr. Right and have no time for Mr. Right Now...sheesh! No judgement but I just don't get women who hop into the sack with every man that comes along, and his brother. I mean, when I find You, I do not want to have to explain the 472 other men I slept with, ewwww! Yucky! And if you are like me, you have had only a few long-term relationships/marriages- so much easier to deal with.
Please check out my profile if you would like to know more.
Warmest regards,
Laura in Calgary (that's right, Canada- home of the Flames hockey team, the Calgary Stampede, the Stampeders football team and cold cold COLD in the winter!)
 West2AK
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 7/20/2011 8:20:06 PM
Hi all. Transplant from Wash., DC here. I've been in AK (mainly Fairbanks) for 6yrs. Haven't travelled much outside of this area due to distance and time restraints, but I would love to.
I like walking, driving with no destination, cooking, music, yadda-yadda.
I'm not really the best at selling myself, but feel free to check out my profile if you're interested in knowing a little more about me.
 greg0256
Msg: 31
Hi all
Posted: 2/10/2012 9:13:27 AM
Guess no one been here in a while
Maybe I'll get this thread rekindle by leaving my introduction
55 yo living working in Fairbanks and not coldfoot some how POF
seems to think that I am from Coldfoot
No one to **** too about it
hi
 Sharkster111
Msg: 33
Glad to be back here!
Posted: 3/5/2012 9:42:31 PM
Single and free, wanting so bad to meet someone to enjoy life with.. Great place to enjoy here.
 Rebeltotheend
Msg: 35
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 9/26/2012 1:21:19 PM
Hi All,

I actually live in Arizona. My boss found a super guy from Alaska, so I thought I would give it a try. Please check out my profile and write me if you are interested.
 gottanewleaseonlife
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 1/27/2013 6:46:57 AM
Hello from just south of the Arctic Circle! My profile says it all.
Show ALL Forums  > Alaska  > Introduce Yourself Here.