Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alaska  > Introduce Yourself Here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 markus
Msg: 0
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This thread is to be used for introductions, give a brief description about yourself!
No phone numbers or email address's allowed!
 bpak01
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Greetings:
Posted: 2/16/2005 1:58:50 PM
I live in a small (very) town North of Wasilla, currently I am digging out from way too much snow. If anyone would like to help, I will spring for the food and drink. After 25 years flying commercially in Alaska's bush areas, I decided to relax and enjoy a mellow position with the Alaska State Troopers. Without giving much away, I walk the trails, boat the rivers, and go flying and four wheeling looking for fish and game violaters, seasonally. This time of year, as I said above, I shovel snow. Would Love to meet outdoorsy women, who hold the love for Alaska and Life that I have. I live in a great area (yes attached to a road, have elect., running water, and even the dish network) am not a hermit, vagabond, abuser of anything, except maybe snow, I do thrash that. Have friends down the street, that have places on the river, another friend that owns his own lake, and spring, summer and fall, it is really fantastic. Get out of town, come up, and we will have a great time.

Bill
 dabbs
Msg: 2
you have a great state
Posted: 2/16/2005 5:12:00 PM
Hi Bill,
I am guessing wasilla is near anchorage, you have some beautiful country up there. I have spent some time in the North Pole area. Been as far south as Valdese Bay. Only time in Anchorage was time at airport. Enjoy your wonderful state. Debbie
 akreporter1350
Msg: 3
you have a great state
Posted: 3/1/2005 12:58:26 PM
I live in Anchorage, the big city in Alaska. I've been here for more than 10 years, with only a one-year hiatus to Pennsylvania--just enough to kill my permanent fund eligibility
The best pizza in the state can be had at the Moose's Tooth, if you're willing to wait an hour for a table and shout above the din. There are lots of great spots in Anchorage... it's a city with a lot more going on than you'd expect from a town with just a quarter-million residents. If you've just moved up here, or are thinking about it, feel free to ask me any questions about life in the Last Frontier.
-dave-
 jorilynn
Msg: 4
view profile
History
single and free
Posted: 3/23/2005 7:39:47 PM
36 year old female looking to meet . im in anchorage but live in kodiak, i will be in anch. for a few months. recently divorce , looking for a play mate
 se0044th
Msg: 5
Finally made it!
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:00:38 PM
Hello, I just arrived in Anchorage to start a new job and to change the pace for awhile. I'm originally a farm boy from Montana, but now using my college education for a change. I"ve been up on vacations a few times and fell in love with the place....especially during the salmon runs. I'm looking forward to some hockey and meeting some interesting people. Thanks.
 SANDE1
Msg: 6
Finally made it!
Posted: 9/11/2005 2:32:31 AM
Hi. Im from Ontario and was surfing the forums and saw Alaska. What the heck. Introduce yourself whether you ever meet or not is what I said.

So. Hello.

Hopefully some of us will have something in common and can yak about it once in a while.
 jcsmann
Msg: 8
from hornersville,mo. lived in fairbanks awhile.wanna come back
Posted: 10/28/2005 1:34:31 AM
howdy,y'all!! from the middle of a cotton field in southeast missouri. i wish i was back there soooooo bad.
 ChosenLady
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 12:27:19 AM
Hello from Washington State! My older brother's been to Alaska, but no other family members has yet. It's our last frontier and maybe someday I'll have the privilege. I am very much into Wolves and have met some. To hear and see one in the wild would make a beautiful memory when I die. Are they still slaughtering them by planes? What is the dating scene like up there? Any how best wishes from Mill Creek. TheCryOfTheWolf
 GenuineGoddess
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/20/2006 6:30:06 PM
G'day... I'm from the other end of the planet, Melbourne Australia I thought I would pop in and introduce myself and see how the other half of the planet is.

We dont have wolves here but we do have Dingos, but I tend to think that wolves are more captivating than our Dingo's. I guess the only other thing in common is that we do have penguins and whales visit our shores in the winter.

all the best from Melbourne australia..

xx

BadMoggy
Msg: 11
Hey where is all the 30 somethings?
Posted: 10/24/2006 1:51:12 PM
Hey, My name is Bill and Im an artist most recently from Salt Lake City... Im looking to meet new people and make some friends up here to pass the time when Im not working. I would love to meet my soul mate up here but lets start with meeting new people first I will find the chemestry when it happens....
So if your into long intellectual conversations and like music, art, poetry, movies,long walks, beer, Anthropology, Ancient history, or just surfing channels on cable.... sounds like we might have something in common..
 byfar
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Greetings:
Posted: 10/26/2006 11:11:38 PM
Again Greetings...I live in SE AK, you know...that RAIN forest. I was born here...left and got back after 45 years. I am soooo glad that I made it back. I am looking for long term, just not in a hurry...rat race is in lower 48...I'm an outdoor woman...AK is home, i would like to see more of it....Whatever you do ENJOY !

Byfar AK
 akgrl
Msg: 14
Greetings:
Posted: 2/17/2007 11:12:04 PM
Hi there. I'm a newbie to this site and to Alaska. I live and work in Anchorage. I'm interested in meeting men who like to hike, fish and enjoy the outdoors. I'm also wanting to meet a guy who likes archery.
 red37
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Finally made it! Re: me too
Posted: 3/20/2007 3:04:10 AM
Well hello there farm boy from Montana, I am also Montana grown....Flathead Valley, been here sence May 1999. I drove my new Dodge pickup up the alcan did not know a sole. but I have for the most part been a bartender for all my life and I heard that in alaska a bartender with a full set of teeth could make a killing here so here I am.....Enjoy Alaska it is truly like no other place on earth.......sara:)
 Notta Player
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 5/15/2007 3:40:55 PM
Ok, I m experimenting with possible connections online. I am new to this site but not
cyberdating.

I m not a Knight and Shining on a White horse. While I have browsed a few profiles, I find that most have unrealistic expectations about men who are looking online for dates (no wonder they are unhappily unattached and available and very confused where to start after their multiple failed relationships). What they are looking for is largely unobtainable.

I think that maybe majority of these profile posters would be happy with a
mannequin ken doll look alike who doesnt smoke, drink, do drugs, think about engaging in sex (GOD forbid), sitting on a couch with the remote where the television is tuned in to Nascar. Oh, and Ken is a conservative Republican who works on the slope, so he has beaucoup bucks and no mind of his own. He believes in drilling in the Artic
and driving his Hummer H2 around town. He watches Fox News and Rush Limbaugh is his hero. Ken thinks the war in Iraq is just due to Iraq having had weapons of mass destruction.

Ladies, this is not me. I am a sensitive 90's guy looking for a sincere woman who likes herself and knows how to enjoy life.

Any takers?

Notta
 me2inAk
Msg: 17
New Here Too
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:56:34 PM
Ok, first I'm new here to the great state of Alaska, transplant from Virginia. To be extremely honest... I'm here hoping to meet new people in the Wasilla area to talk, chat, email. and eventually hang out with. I'm not sure about online dating in general so I figured I could get to know some people and take it from there. Thus...when curious folks visit the profile...it says "not looking", because I'm not interested in anything other than friendship right now. Friends is good though? Right? Hello? Anyone out there....?!?
 kiliian1976
Msg: 18
hey, could i get some help?
Posted: 7/4/2007 1:02:38 AM
I've been here in Delta Junction with the Army since December of 2005 and I can't seem to find anybody anywhere!?? Help??!!! Where are the hangouts in Fairbanks and or N. Pole??? I know the places here in Delta: Buffalo Lodge, Clearwater Bar, The Sawmill... so any ideas??

Les
 AKmarriedguylooking
Msg: 19
Just looking around, saw the thread, wanted to say hello :)
Posted: 8/3/2007 5:33:56 PM
I like to see the Alaska section getting people talking. I have been here over 15 years now, love this great state and will never leave it. Hope to strike up some good conversation with some of you and wishing you all good luck in your searches.
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 20
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 12/4/2007 9:13:20 AM
I'm from Alaska and now live in Michigan because of a job change. I do miss the state, especially this time of year. I am probably one of about 7 Alaskans who prefer the cold and dark of winter to the sun and heat -- and CROWDS -- of summer. Wish I was back!
 SassySky
Msg: 21
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 1/8/2008 10:11:30 AM
Wow, I am a forum junkie and just noticed this post..I have been in Ak this last time since 94. I have traveled as far north as you can go, and then as far south on the Islands as you can.. I Moved from the Copper Valley in 04 to the great S.E. I love it.
I am a like a duck that has found water after a drought..
I do miss the Machining, ice fishing etc.
I also would love to see more Alaskans come in here and discuss our State.
Have a great day and any newbys that come by give a shout..
You know we may be the biggest state but we are by far the least populated
Sass
 thebeckster
Msg: 22
view profile
History
messaging or dating thats the question
Posted: 1/25/2008 12:04:53 AM
My friend suggested this sight to get my feet wet in dating again, but all it has done is make my fingers stronger. Most of the messages I get are really impersonal or really sexual but nobody seems like they want to date or call. So how is this considered dating. Is this what dating has turned into? I am a confident, independent fun lady. I just want to start enjoying the life I have with other people. I am generous and just plain kind and looking to share that. So as you can tell I am not afraid to put it out there. So lets get busy everyone
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 23
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 7/17/2008 4:19:49 PM
I live in the middle of nowhere of Arizona desert. I love the DRY HEAT.

My children are betraying me.

My oldest went up to Alaska to fish and he won't come back.

My second settled sorta in the Pacific Northwest to do contracting but he says he's moving to Alaska in about a year. Once he digs his heels in, they are in.

My daughter, 13, announced that she will go wherever her big brothers go.

My foster daughter, all getting settled on the East Coast running a dance studio has announced, SHE IS MOVING TO ALASKA.

I feel cold already.

I see it coming.

The company I work for is based in Alaska. I can transfer. Eventually. NO HURRY. DO YOU HEAR ME BOYS???? I'm freezing. LOL

Evil evil brats. How could they do this to me?
I wish they weren't so fun and I didn't miss them, but I see the oldest ones so rarely now just because of distance, and when the grandma things starts, I know I want to be around.

So, here I am. Moving, eventually, to Alaska. Geeze. I raised them in the desert and see how they turn on ya?
 DivaM
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Canadian in the NORTH and loves it
Posted: 12/8/2008 5:11:54 AM
I could not sleep and thus here I am. In places on here, I never knew existed.

Live in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Checked weather website and it is currently NOW sitting at minus 34 Celsius (that is) with the WIND CHILL Factor at minus 43 C. Soooooooo, it is cold, YES but NOT as bad as we have had like this past winter. We thrive still. Keeps one alert. LOL

OKAY, I admit this message maybe be boring. Also before leaving, I want to say how much I admire Sarah Palin, your governor. She is a HOOT!! I say that in a favourable way, believe me and the thing is my politics don't even come close to hers. BUT I still would love to meet her. She gave herself to the campaign with all her heart. Ya gotta love that!!!!

Originally I was born and raised in Eastern Ontario but here I be. Who knew, eh! LOL

Take care.

DivaM, aka Millie
 joannemeow
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/17/2008 1:26:15 PM
JOANNE FROM MICHIGAN
 ohdriver
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/10/2009 11:59:26 AM
Hi JOANNE, welcome to Plenty Of Fish.
Show ALL Forums  > Alaska  > Introduce Yourself Here.