Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Introduce Yourself Here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lucette325
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.Page 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Hi, I'm Lucette, and I'm a Fish-a-holic. Whooooooo eeeeeeeeee!
 Tasha79
Msg: 9
view profile
History
New to this CyberDating thing
Posted: 2/21/2005 7:56:19 PM
so how do we find out about the monthly get togethers???????? I dont know much about this site and looking for more ways to get out there. I am recently just getting back into the whole dating thing.
 Fenian
Msg: 12
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 2/22/2005 5:04:28 PM
I guess that I will introduce myself here. I am on plenty of fish to meet interesting women. I have meet some and I have been glad that I did get that chance. Neither of them really worked out but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Tom
 islandgirlmb
Msg: 13
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 2/22/2005 10:29:57 PM
Hey, new to Winnipeg! Not looking for any romance. I do like the forums, so see you all around!!
 Brando1967
Msg: 16
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 3/5/2005 8:56:06 AM
Heya everyone,

I am also new to this city, lived here and was educated here. left almost a decade ago,came back and viola..here I am on POF.
I am 37, never married...no children and a chef by trade. looking for cool people to hang out with perhaps more..looking to have some fun, anyone wanna hook up and have some drinks..maybe beat my butt in a game of pool!!! so,,if ya wanna get to know me..you know what to do.
 foxsmart
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/24/2005 5:40:55 PM
i am also new to this and if anyone can tell me more about this. much appreciated. lets do coffee
 Basemonger
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/26/2005 10:13:13 AM
Hi, Basemonger.... I've been carousing the forums for a while, so I know some of you :>

What to say? I'm 30, but rumor has it I pass for 20-40. not sure how flatering that is.... I'm an owner of a local company, www.allyourbaseonline.com (not sure if the admin would countt hat as an email address or not, hahahaha)... I work alot... need to relax somehow... what else? hmm....
 SmartAlec
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 5/9/2005 7:13:24 PM
Chillpegger

I have a great male friend for you but couldnt message you as you have select criteria and dont take messages from women. Jim is a great guy and I told him I would look for him (44, computer programmer, 6ft 3, stocky build and ...... yes folks .... not looking for a barbie but likes his ladies with some extra flesh preferably. If interested unblock the women thing and message me. Sandra
 Gryphonv
Msg: 38
Lost in the 'peg
Posted: 6/26/2005 4:41:02 AM
Hey, Just saying hi, I'm a good old fashioned Newfie Boy lost in the peg. 25 years old... looking for fun people to talk to. Perhaps a girl who likes men who have old fashioned values. ( this dont mean stay home, cook, clean etc). I'm a joker also at heart.

LD
 Mechassult
Msg: 45
James
Posted: 7/30/2005 11:43:37 PM
Looks are deciving and there is always much more to me than whats on the surface... i will always say whats on my mind no matter how silly or transverse or serious. im a huge fan of learning and love to learn about people and their stories. i like movies and walks and anything out-doors. i love to talk and love to listen so drop me a line and tell me a story
 SmartAlec
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:20 AM
hi there - been fishing while now with limited replies - some odd cookies too!! oh well....
Single, social worker, love the forums - people are so interesting.
 Cowardly_Lion
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:53:31 AM
Hey all, I'm Cowardly_Lion; just call me CL (PLEASE not Cow!!) At 27, I'm somewhere near the prime of life, so I figured a free dating site (complete with message forum) would be a good way of meeting new people. Not that I'm antisocial, it's just that I only go to bars to drink (which is rare enough by itself) and until I start working full-time again, I can't afford to join a lot of activity-centered clubs. Anyhow, it's not clear how to post a message without replying to a previously posted one, I hope someone can explain that to me. Otherwise, my profile has more info about me; drop a line, say hi! Seeya!
 maxz
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 10/31/2005 8:15:37 PM
Hey there. How are ya all. I never thought I would run into so many lady fisher people(is that politically correct). Let's see what about me. Ummm I am a clown.... you heard the story about that clown... well I am one of them. I am a divorced non custodial parent. My friends call me(insert name here) Max or fadurmax. I am friendly and outgoing and work well as part of a team. Ok ok that doesn't belong here but I was starting to feel like I was filling out a job application. Any way I haven't had the chance to fish in awhile and I hear the fish are a plenty. I look forward to meeting you all as I understand you do have group gatherings. I'll try to leave my clown suit at home. Good fishing everyone!

Maxz
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 90
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 11/11/2005 4:48:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

Heard lotsa wonderful things about this site so I've set aside my fears, dispelled the myth that only loosers do on-line dating, rummaged for a picture that doesn't show me either shaving my legs or bending over (my daughter takes all the pics and seems to find those most amusing) and put a Profile in today. All the other goodies about me are in my profile. Wish me luck.

I'm 43, divorced, still have body parts where they should be, can still turn some heads and thinking what's the worst that can happen, I'll make some new friends.

I didn't even know what the heck this "Forum" was that people speak of in their profiles until I did a little searching thru the site. Found it. It's kinda like MSN - for grown-ups...!

Given how seriously directionally challenged I am (as per my profile), hopefully I can find my way back over here because I really do look forward to chatting...!

Best of luck to you all...!

:
 Mysti Eyes
Msg: 94
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 11/16/2005 11:30:35 AM
OMG I feel like a dork...that post by "Sniff" was supposed to have been by ME...LoL

Sorry Sniff!!! >,<

So ya...

Grah...oops...

adnama
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 12/7/2005 11:58:22 AM
Hey, I'm adnama. I've been on fish since Winnipeg only had 4 pages of guys. Yes a long time. I've met a few people off of here (ok a lot) and I even fell in love with one. I suppose I'm open to meeting people that interest me.

I'm a 24 year old redhead. I work at a Credit Union and a pet store. I have 2 cats and 2 chihuahuas. I'm sarcastic and witty cuz I'm cool.

That's all you need to know :)
 sweetgirl13
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:07:28 PM
Hey

Im new to this, just checking things out......can't wait to get to know all of u...
take care
 SINGER666
Msg: 130
singer
Posted: 1/11/2006 6:55:19 AM
well about me i'm asinger in a rock band just for fun now i like long walks in the summer time my nights out are saturday i have two children that i love with all my heart they don't live with me but that will change soon so if you don't like children then don't reply i have a good career i'm funny so i'm told will put moer layer
 ScorpioGrl73
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:46:49 AM
Ok, introduce myself.... Hmm...
Hi I'm ph0nefreak. 32 yr old single mom (2 school age).. short 5'2" with an average build. Gained a little weight over the last couple of years but just joined the gym at work and am going to try to burn it off. Funny never really had a problem with weight until I hit the magical number of 30! LOL Why is that?
I love music and always have some playing in the morning and at work and in the car. Looking for someone who also likes music, you have to like Country (at least a little bit) and Rock music.
I'm pretty blunt and have a sarcastic sense of humor, so if I offend, sorry... I seem to be afflicted with "speak before you think syndrome" at times. LOL
Seriously, looking for a guy with a sense of humor, intelligence and patience as I am very careful about who I meet up with. I need to have some time to get to know you as a person on line and later over the phone before I will meet with you. If you're the kind of guy who needs to meet right away to see if there is a spark, I'm probably not the right person for you.
If you need a barbie doll ... keep on fishing. If you need someone to stroke your ego to make you feel like a man... keep on fishing. If you're looking to just "hook-up", keep on fishing.
If you're looking for someone who is honest, friendly, intelligent, and has a quirky sense of humor, then hook me. If you're looking for a woman who values family, friends and respect, then hook me. Appearance is a factor, and there does have to be a mutual liking of our looks.
I never know what to say in these things... but here it is.
You hear a lot of people say they know what they want, but do we really? I thought I knew what I wanted, but it didn't want me! LOL I just know I dont want any players, and honestly, I dont want to get involved with anyone who has children who are under the age of 7. Too picky? maybe, but I like children over that age, as they have their own little personalities and you can actually have a conversation with them. No matter how silly the topic. I love the stories my daughter likes to tell me, sometimes she gets so imaginative.. (future writer here?) Maybe a guy with a kid or two of his own is someone I would better click with. At least he would understand the aspects of children and the limitations they do have on the dating world.
Anywhoo... Im going to end with this... as it seems to be getting kind of long.
I havent been on POF for long, but It seems Manitoba does have some pretty cool people to chat with on this site.
Best of luck to everyone!
 ManitobaGrrl
Msg: 147
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:48:17 AM
I'm a soon to be 26 year old chick who is presently up in Northern Manitoba and loves corn dogs hahahaha kidding Ive never had a corn dog!!!! any advice? hehehehe
 flattop22
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:17:11 PM
This seems a little strange, but i'm doing it anyway.I'm seperated 40 with three daughters,13,10,and7who live with their mother in portage la prairie.I like sports, watching and playing.Spending time with my girls is the most important thing to me.I'm quietand shy at first,but I eventually open up.I like fast cars and bikes and the like sports.I like to go out to have fun but also enjoy a nice quiet evening at home with someone that I enjoy being with.I like to laugh and to make people laugh.I would just like to say hi to everyone and hope too meet some of you soon.
 flattop22
Msg: 155
view profile
History
one more thing
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:33:19 PM
My computer is broken at home so I only get to check out my mail at work and it is hard to get a little privacy. So i hope that my being some what inactive hasn't turned any possible new friends away.Talk to ya soon.
 coldcanuk
Msg: 165
hi all
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:00:36 PM
Just wanted to say Hi to all the other Peggers out there...

Hope to talk to you all real soon!
 Sessieloubob
Msg: 176
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:19:11 PM
hummmmmmm ..................... do you have any references???????
 SpunkyPector
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:11:23 AM
Hi ..
I guesss I should have done this before... oh well better late than never.

I am a single {46} father of 2 wonderful children, who live with me mostly. Separated for the final time for almost a year, it's now time to find someone who'll take me for who i am, and vise versa. I am a people person & will give you the shirt off my back just don't take advantage of it as then it will never be there again. I am quite adapt at fixing many things, and that is what I do, "tear em' down build em' bigger"
That being said, i've already got my feet wet here in the forums & I get great laughs from the comments, on a regular basis.
I am happy to meet ya'all & hope everyone hooks their own perfect fishy...
Happy
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Introduce Yourself Here.