Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Whats with the DaVinci Code?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sillychick
Msg: 2
Whats with the DaVinci Code?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I read the book and it was an interesting read but not a great one. All the hype as far as I'm concerned is the theory behind him concerning Christ. I think it will make a good movie, the story was decent and somewhat suspenseful.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Whats with the DaVinci Code?
Posted: 4/28/2006 2:13:06 PM
The greatest conspiracy of the past 2000 years will be unravelled......

The DaVinci Code is all about the other side of Christianity the Roman Catholic Church does not want us to see. What is the Holy Grail? Does it exist? Is the Bible the whole truth? Was Jesus really Devine? What is Opus Dei,who belonged to the secret society founded in 1099 called The Priory of Sion? All descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals in this novel are real. Alot of the book refers to facts in history and the search for the truth. I absolutely LOVED the book and cannot wait to see the movie.
 Klevagirl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 5:58:54 PM
I have read both Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code and I really enjoyed both of them. It has a lot of facts and history in it, very little creativity was needed to string together a story. It's all so possible, I think that is what scares the religious authorities. It's as possible as the stories in the Bible. It makes you question a lot of what you are taught if you were raised Catholic like me, or Christian in general. I found it very clever and full of suspense. I imagine the movie will be good, frankly Tom Hanks is not how I pictured the main character to look or be like, but ok, sure.

The only thing that I didn't expect (not giving anything away) is that both books have a similar formula, even though they still tell very different stories. Those who have read both will know what I mean.

Two of the best books I have ever read.
 Holy Grail
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 6:02:58 PM
Some of the documents mentioned in the book are actually fictional, but the author thought they were real when he wrote the book.

Should be a good movie, I too was hoping for a different actor other than Tom Hanks to play the lead. Oh well.
 Klevagirl
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 7:58:40 PM
Josy, I'm glad you said that, I hadn't heard whether the other two were any good or not. That sounds like something I would like, I will have to check them out. Thanks!
 pjbrown
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/4/2006 2:49:52 PM
Hi Averagejoe23
You got me,,i could care less about the DaVinci code,,i dont know why there is so much hype about it.
 stevea29
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:15:17 AM
you all realize the bible is also a work of fiction..please tell me there aren't people here that actaually believe it is true..
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Whats with the DaVinci Code?