Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Appears on 999 members favorites lists      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Firmbear8
Msg: 2
Appears on 999 members favorites listsPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Yep it sure does !
And I don't bother contacting them !!
 Carrie_32
Msg: 3
Appears on 999 members favorites lists
Posted: 4/29/2006 8:42:20 AM
It has only stopped me a couple times. I don't like when you see someone with a ton of favourites. I myself keep mine down, I delete anyone that adds me but doesnt talk to me. Some that added me are friends whcih is fine, but anyone that just adds and doesnt talk can go away. There's no need to have 999 fav's lol. Heck no reason to have over 100 unless you are a daily dater. I think it's just more they're out for a popularity contest with those numbers than anything. I move on if I see anyone with over 50 people on their fav's usually.
 d-belle
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/29/2006 8:44:05 AM
It shouldn't. People add you to their fav's list, you don't add yourself. Once you get to a certain number, I'm sure you wouldn't even bother deleting them anymore.

I'm not very comfortable with my number, but most of them are my girlfriends or people I've met at parties that I was part of. And if someone won't write me because of the moderate number of fave's then it's their loss.
 Frrosty
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/29/2006 4:17:31 PM
I know someone on here that has almost that many too. I think it has confused her so badly that she really does not know which way to turn. The girl...is beaten...by choice.
 wolfskshuntress
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/30/2006 4:53:47 AM
Msg 1, the issue now seems moot ..
 Esperanza143
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/30/2006 5:00:43 AM
This made me go look, on 14 members lists, 5 names I have never even had a hello from, one was mutual acquaintance through his brother, one I already knew before POF and 2, I have dated...rest were email contacts...........Since you have no control over some one adding you, it shouldn't reflect as being busy every night with a hot date, that is for sure.

If nothing else it becomes a personal tracking device to see if the person has been online and on POF.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2006 11:32:15 AM
And yes you can add yourself too your favourits
 Haunted Ironline Mansion.
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/10/2006 10:53:08 AM
If I see a profile with many on their favorites list, I might think any of the following,

(a) They are internet only.
(b) They figure nobody is good enough for them.
(c) They are not serious.
(d) They are a dating site celebrity.
(e) They are a mainstay on the dating site.
(f) They have slept with that number of people.
 Haunted Ironline Mansion.
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/10/2006 11:29:44 AM
truenorthstrongnfree, Not kidding! A girl told me her girlfriend slept with over 120 guys from POF, sometimes as many as 4 different guys per night.
 greatIdea
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/10/2006 12:25:37 PM
Sure does...lol As this is a dating site....lol I dont know where I would set the "no contact bar" however it makes one wonder.... and if your not into the drama maybe its good to stay away ..lol The other angle on this "100% free dating site" is that it seems many woman come on here to make friends, attend events.... and put all their shopping buddies on their list ....lmao

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!

Just be SMART!!
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2006 4:43:55 PM
@ersunshine.... appears on 265 favourites... that sure seem alot to me.. why not delete some.... and just keep the current people on your favourites that you do chat with on a regualar basic...

I would personaly think that you aren't talking too all of them and this may determine man emailing you...

and its not an attack on you personal.... just profiles in general whom have more than 200 people on their favourites list..

... seems every month or so this topic comes up ...

The fav's list is not something that the person who owns the profile chooses. The fav's are chosen by viewers of the profile.

If that person deletes somebody, they can always be re-added, unless blocked.

Many favs are friends from the forums ... of both sexes for some.

I don't let that number bother me.

my 2 cents

EDIT - for the record I have 33 favs ...
 Thatguy67
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2007 4:30:39 PM
Ad your name! Make it an ever 1000!
 finandfine
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2007 7:44:58 AM
not a good feeling in any case
 Thatguy67
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2007 2:19:10 PM
"Any ideas?"

Lot's of pictures with lot's of T & A and a written profile full of double entendres & innuendos.
 Bestknight
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/20/2007 7:14:35 AM
Yes I tend NOT to contact them. Although I have had dates NOT work out with women who had 3 or 4 on their favourites list.

ie: "Your a really nice guy but..."
 RoyalLady
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/20/2007 9:21:27 AM
It reminds me of notches on the bedpost or belt buckle thang.

I think that anyone that has more than 20 is off my radar!! Maybe they're "profile collectors" . That's what I call 'em!

I can expect that a few of those would be his buddies that could not otherwise email him for being the same gender (try real email accounts & phone numbers so you can trim that list), but the rest ??? umm... naw...
I am forever purging my list of faves trying to keep it under 20... most of them are lady friends that I have made or fellas that might be too young for a relationship with me, other than friendship.. people I've met at events.
Guys that have no pics, or add me without emailing me are removed within a week.

Any guy that seriously wants to meet a gal (or vise versa) for anything serious should seriously consider trimming down that favourite list so serious minded ladies aren't put off from contacting them.
Too many favourites and they wonder why they haven't met the right person yet and they're still out there
It ain't rocket science.

RoyalLady
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/20/2007 5:40:00 PM
I would say it is more of a preference rather than a judgement...
Try to imagine what it's like for the newbie to PoF... see it from their perspective!
THIS IS A DATING SITE (not the Friendship Train LOL ) ... where the majority of people that want to meet someone for a meaningful relationship aren't likely to contact someone that's on 50 or 60 or more faves. It's like a big red flag to them! and if they've given away their "roses", another red flag. It just is! A man or a woman could feel intimidated by that person being so "popular".
I've been in PoF for 2 months now, and if I didn't trim that list, I'd be up to 60 favourites already.. including guys from California, Vancouver, Winnipeg, (I clearly state I'm not into long-distance online relationships! LOL) pictureless profiles (I state MUST HAVE PIC, LOL) , illiterate profiles, lurkers, etc etc etc. Oh Lordie, you would not believe. They add me without as much as a "howdy do". The common problem I've come across with most people is that people add them to their faves but don't contact them. I don't want to be on anyone's favourite list if they don't want to email me and say "Hi", or come out to an event to meet, or call up on the phone to meet elsewhere!

The problem may lie with the long-lifers, forum junkies, chatters and party animals that have all these buddies and that should be stated in their profile. "I'm only here for making friends and the forums", at which point they can have 1000 faves and anyone searching profiles for compatible dating contacts will be able to move on to the next profile. Thus the need for this type of thread to keep resurfacing wouldn't be necessary.

People really need to say "Hi, I like your profile, can I add you to my faves, can we chat sometime?" or reply when the addee emails them with the why-fors and where-tos.

I'm still a newbie, only been here two months as I previously stated, and find some of the female long-lifers to be sweet, kind, helpful and very friendly and the others just ready to jump on the slightest thing. It's an 'internet thing". In real life, you find everyone getting along and laughing, having good times. That's why it's important to come out to the local events, even if people aren't into the "bar scene" or not a party-goer, .. it's a chance to get away from the cyberpond and into the real one where people can actually meet. I find everyone getting along, they really like each other alot, ladies and guys of all ages....lots of laughs and good good times. I've made a few friends already by attending these events and those fishies are on my faves. By the time we exchange REAL email addresses, I trim that list.

Okay... now I'm rambling on and on.. my apologies.. I'm dead tired and need to have a snooze.

Happy
A~*
 serve chilled
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:47:51 PM
I've seen it and it does affect my thoughts about them.. I think it must be a woman who simply likes the attention, I'm sure she would deny it but really...1000 suitors and not one acceptable man?
 DivineBovine
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2011 8:54:59 PM
^^^^they got rid of the "favourites" list a few years ago. so how the heck would you KNOW how many people have put Ms X on a list?

also, putting someone on a favourites list means nothing - just that someone likes your pictures or falls outside your restrictions and wants you to notice them. kind of like the 100+ smokers who have said they want to "meet me"...

and, for the record, all the female friends i've made on this site are on my favourites list - so for women, though probably not for men, not all of the people who have made one a favourite are of the opposite gender.
 serve chilled
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/30/2011 9:37:01 PM
I was giving my opinion on a dead thread - something I've seen personally. I'm well aware of the fact that the fav's list is gone, nothing I've written was directed to a specific person - if I find another thread to comment/add to, please don't take that as an invitation to follow me there as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Appears on 999 members favorites lists