Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you do when there's no hope for you??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sayonara7
Msg: 1
What do you do when there's no hope for you??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What do you do when everything goes wrong and you just feel so frustrated,and no one around you seems to understand. I'm not talking about a romantic relationship or a relationship at all, just in general.Anything>advice, sarcasm,humor, love, hatred is much appreciated, but please provide an answer.
 badboy_86
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do you do when there's no hope for you??
Posted: 5/1/2006 1:56:08 PM
What would I do? What I WOULDN'T do is give a shit. I would accept it as a temporary reality, and do something that gives me enjoyment or do something to make the situation better. Crying about life's bullsh!t is a steady decline into unnecessary misery.
 Billbug
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/1/2006 2:36:59 PM
You can always read this:

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND
------------------------------------------

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
walking along the beach with the Lord. Across
the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each
scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the
sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the
Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before
him, he looked back at the footprints in the
sand. He noticed that many times along the path
of his life there was only one set of
footprints. He also noticed that it happened at
the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the
Lord about it.

"Lord, You said that once I decided to follow
You, You'd walk with me all the way. But I have
noticed that during the most troublesome times
in my life, there is only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why when I needed You most
You would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I
love you and would never leave you. During your
times of trial and suffering, when you see only
one set of footprints, it was then that I
carried you."
 Raven1
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/3/2006 7:59:09 PM
ummm...jump off a cliff?

this a trick qustion?

j/k...i have a weird/warped sense of humour sometimes.

mb5546
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2006 8:11:37 PM
Remember there is only one thing in life you and you alone can control and that is YOU! Take control and do not worry about the rest, its not worth it because you can't do anything about anyway....... Focus on what you control.
 Raven1
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:25:48 PM
@ Anyday Above ground is a good day.

is it? is it really now?
 jonee523
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:38:10 PM
Hey,

This may sound corny but maybe turn it over to god and just let go. I'm not the most religious person but for some reason it usually works for me and things get much better. In all things there is method to the madness I can guarentee it will get better.

Jon
 jonee523
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:39:53 PM
that is a f***** up thing to say dude.

This is for the guy who suggested killing one self
 Raven1
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/4/2006 3:32:19 PM

that is a f***** up thing to say dude.

This is for the guy who suggested killing one self

LIGTHEN UP THERE BUDDY!
GET YOUR PANTIES OUT OF THE KNOT THEY'RE IN!

It was a J-O-K-E, life's too short to always be so uptight and serious about EVERYTHING.

I've suffered from depression, especially when I was younger. I'm still here though fighting the battle of life tough!

I recently came back from a 3 mth vacation in Florida.
Business has been SOOO SLOW since I've been back that I've toned it down to a part-time business and now work for a company as well. Financially things aren't the greatest (although this job will change that though).

I just found out my Grandmother has Cancer, (lymphoma in three places of her body).
She's 79 and had only had ONE chemotherapy session and has been in and out of the hospital due to the fact that she's so old and frail and her body can't take the treatment!

We've had other familly problems in my immediate familly. (Neither of my parents communicate with anyone from their familly. WHICH MEANS IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE AUNTS OR UNCLES OR COUSINS I COMMUNICATE WITH THAT I CAN TURN TO WHEN I NEED SOMEONE. My brother and I hardly communicate and are not that close anymore. I haven't dated anyone since my ex [2 years now] so it's not like I have a G/F I can communicate with about anything. and well.....FRIENDS you ask? Well most of them are fun to be around, mabye go out and do things with but not exactly the ones you'd go to for a shoulder to lean on!)

So life isn't a bed of roses with me either.....the key is to find happiness when and where you can. Indulge in those silly times/jokes, embarassing moments you reminessis (spelling?) about.
I still get depressed sometimes but when I can I try and find my own happiness/inner peace.

Life's too short. You have to learn to take it easy sometimes and lighten your own load. God knows nobody else will lighten it for you.

JWA
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/4/2006 4:56:30 PM
^^^^Dudes profile lists him as a 28 year old man----boy howdy THAT'S a crock. A punk in hip hop clothes and his own pity party sad story! We all need jerks like this to take their own advice: end it now coz it'll enrich the remaining gene pool!

Your silly, smart mouthed comment was NOT funny no matter how you try to paint it. As much as you might think it laughable OP has her own perspective and the right to seek others opinions or suggestions. It's far too easy to dismiss someone of her age as though you've also not been there, done that but maybe you were just as stupid then as you are now?

So THEN punk goes on telling about his sad, sad boo hoo hoo life and times-----no one except me will call you a jerk--they probably have too much class. It's very, VERY unfortunate you've gone though all your crap and maybe your sh*tty attitude has everything to do with it? If not that, maybe it's Kharma just visiting for that long over due payback?

Next time you think you're "funny" think again---only this time think with your brain and not your stupid-a$$ed mouth. Keep in mind everyone's problems seem bigger to them that to others; none of us have the right to even "jokingly" suggest something so ignorant and hurtful to anyone. Pity the fool or fools who EVER think you're anything more than a hurt little boy in a grown up body.

So is that funny???
 Raven1
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/4/2006 7:05:41 PM
In response the the a$$hole "jwa".

55 divorced and NO kids!
lmao

shooting blanks?
wife wouldn't put up with it (or your stinkin' attitude and NO class)?

who the hell are you calling a "punk" old man?
i'm no punk you jerk!
hip hop clothes?
get with the program I don't wear hip hop clothes. a touqe is not "hip hop" idiot!
as a mater of fact i usually dress in suits, dress pants and dress shirts, office casual, very stylishly, MANLY. unlike yourself.

leave me your p.o box and i'll be sure to donate to the cause as obviously you can't afford much more than that rediculous honky, trailer trash t-shirt.

you're reading more into this than there was ever meant to be!

I NEVER said the op didn't have a right to post and/or seek advice on here dumba$$.

I just seen it as she happened to be depressed one day and decided to vent (post something). we've all done it before. i've seen people on my msn list with their screen name stating something depressing. the next day (if not hours later) it's changed to something more upbeat and positive!

we've all been there and done that.
we've all had a depressing day here or there.
if i thought for one second that she would have been so depressed that she was suicidal i wouldn't have posted that moron.

she didn't get very much into detail about her problem(s) (which USUALLY someone very depressed and on the brink of possible suicide would do - afterall they're so depressed and don't care what others may think of what they have to say)

so take the broomstick you rode in on and shove it where the sun don't shine and instead of posting PISS and insulting people perhaps you should try and help be a resolution to her situation or at least help her in any way you possibly can.

time well wasted with your shitty post?
yes, i believe so!
*flips the bird*
 captwiz42
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2006 7:37:59 PM
There is one person on here with the right answer.Hesaid it right.I also am not the most religous person either.But pray to god for the answer and to do his will and the pain will subside.
My wife left me over 2 months ago.. ran off with a friend of mine,,Who needs enimies?took my 3 year old daughter and my dog and thinks she should raise my child without me involved.I was devistated and still in shock.I have never been suicidal and never will.Pray every time you think you need to, and talk to good people not only that love you but will give you good information.You will be ok .It says somewhere in the bible that you should forgive... but you will never forget.take care .
 sayonara7
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:20:37 AM
Thank you for all your responses. I'm glad to get such worthy advice from so many genuine people. I'm sorry if some of you disagree with each other, but to me all the posts were either really very sweet or very funny.Thank you again.The thing happened a week ago due to which I was really depressed, that's why I decided to post it, now its fine. I'm really sorry if I came across as immature and whiny.But believe me I'm not the type that cries or mourns about life, it's just that something happened that just made me want to break down.It usually does not happen often and I'm usually smiling and happy , but I don't know, I guess I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I would also like to thank many of you who have been through so much in life and yet they have such great advice to give to other people. I wish all the best to all of you.

Thank you again
 Wildcard74
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:41:29 AM

leave me your p.o box and i'll be sure to donate to the cause as obviously you can't afford much more than that rediculous "honky", trailer trash t-shirt.

WTF? Funny thing is that I haven't heard the word "honky" used in a long time. If you need to resort to racial slurs in an argument, do it in private so we don't need to read that crap.
 Wildcard74
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:44:28 AM
Sayonara7, have you ever thought about taking up another hobby? Perhaps taking up something you've always dreamt about? or put off? The more time you spend on the hobby, the less time you spend depressed or even thinking about it. A hobby also is good with boosting your mood.

Its worked for me to an extent. I just thought I'd share.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What do you do when there's no hope for you??