Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Your First Date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 poorbiker
Msg: 1
Your First DatePage 1 of 1    
What is your ideal place to meet for a first date with someone you met here?
 imbelievn2ru
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Your First Date
Posted: 6/2/2006 4:15:24 PM
In my personal opinion, I have to agree with you that a first date is kinda like an interview. Most individuals relize that if you are a good judge of character then you can tell if there is going to be some chemistry there.

Even though I am a movie lover, a movie isn't the place for a first date. This type of date doesn't allow for good wholesome conversation.

Give me a coffee shoppe/cafe that we don't feel that we are rushed by the wait staff. Then I also think a volunteer civic project can be an interesting date.

The most important thing is good communication to know each others desires before the first date. Woman if you don't like a certain type of cuisine then tell the guy.....I feel for guys that woman say that classic line, "IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME", only for the lady to complain to her friends about his choices he made for the date.
 867love
Msg: 3
Your First Date
Posted: 6/7/2006 1:14:39 AM
i will try to find something simple and casual. drinks and snack foods. -it takes the anxiety off the first meeting. -the sooner the two of you feel comfortable. you can open up and be yourself. if you hit it off, you can plan a more complex date #2.
 imalitltpot
Msg: 4
Your First Date
Posted: 2/24/2007 3:16:13 PM
A first "meet" should be short and sweet - perhaps lunch with an hour limit.

One of the best first "dates" I had was going to the boat show!
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 5
Your First Date
Posted: 2/25/2007 5:19:48 PM
An hour??? Why don't you just drive by each other and roll the window down and talk at a stop light?
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 6
Your First Date
Posted: 3/8/2007 11:39:42 PM
Thats pretty solid. But people lie so much, everyone is more concerned about how to bail out when the guy shows up and admits he has posted his brothers picture ( actually happened to a woman I met) or the woman shows up and looks nothing like she did...etc...than what could be fun to do. So meet for a drink or casual dinner, if you click, you will make time for more.
 justaj2116
Msg: 7
Your First Date
Posted: 6/28/2007 9:58:54 AM
I think something a bit more groupish is good a mixture of his/her friends going some where fun. MY favorite date would have to be on the forth of july we went to six flags and had a blast. It may have not worked between me and him but my best friend is marrying his brother next month.

Or if your wanting the alone time try a picnic down at the riverfront so you can watch the sun set
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Your First Date