Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The strangest place you've ever been picked up in???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jeweelee
Msg: 1
The strangest place you've ever been picked up in???Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Wonder what every body elses experience is like, and would like to know if it's possible to meet someone just about anywhere!! What 's the strangest or coolest place you've ever been picked up in?(met someone)
 jeweelee
Msg: 2
The strangest place you've ever been picked up in???
Posted: 5/2/2006 4:19:27 PM
Well, I've got to say these are interesting...Taxi, lawyers office, kids school program, um driving down the road, etc.. Hmm I picked up my first boyfriend at McDonalds. I was 18. That ended real well though..let me tell ya..
I've never asked a guy out, so could not tell you how that would be. But always thought an elvevator or escalator would be cool.
 jeweelee
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/2/2006 5:09:43 PM
OMG!!!!

Okay this was a fun thread!!!
DJ? did he play you the same ole' tune after tune?
And the guy with a gum wrapper, little different...did she stick with you?
My favorite.. food stamps???? Tell me he at least fed you?? or were you too busy laughing?
 jeweelee
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/2/2006 5:11:42 PM
I know, shldn't post already but too much fun..

So like I never thought of being picked up in any of these places, guess my weirdest places or strangest places never even came close. This gives me hope....and the willies...
 jeweelee
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/3/2006 5:55:56 PM
I think that's pretty creepy the uh, stalker guy, I'm glad you ran...
hmm. brother picked up his wife in Hobby Lobby! He was known as scissor boy! He worked in fabrics for a long time, eventually moving to the framing dept. However they met when she started working there too.
 crystalise
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/4/2006 7:32:35 PM
walking home from the train, broad daylight, guy walks out of a pub, and asks me to go in for a drink with him. Nice guy, polite. But I declined. Too strange.
 jeweelee
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:33:08 PM
Rodeo? So the overall impression of them is not what they say, huh?

DUI, AA, those are pretty different..
 mustloveurself
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 12:52:45 AM
I was driving home from work on a Friday, at about 3:30 am. Coming off the highway and this Hummer cuts me off in a way that I almost nailed him and it woulda been my fault. I'm so mad that at red light I roll down my window. I drive a small car so I can't even see the driver. I do something very stupid and get out of my car. Guy rolls down his window and I ask him if he's drunk? He smiles very cute smile and says no. He's lost! Not from here and needs directions. I ask again, r u drunk and again he says no. I'm not as mad anymore and am realizing that this guy is very cute. I give him the directions to get to where he's going. Light turns green and instead of turning, he follows me. I pull over and once again get outta my car. He gets outta Hummer. I tell him he missed his turn. He asks me if I wanna go for coffee. I say yes. It was really good. We still see each other everytime he rolls through town. Nothing serious, just a mutual attraction as well as good conversation. You just never know though!
 liveyourlife
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:29:35 AM
A guy was trying his darndest at the sex shop (of all places).....don't think he noticed I was looking at the couples stuff....A+ on trying but definate failure
 misszmsz
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/25/2009 2:42:44 PM
In a traffic jam on the freeway in LA.

One Saturday afternoon, I was on my way to the beach in Malibu. The traffic was a a dead standstill. It is hot so I take off my shirt because I am wearing a bikini underneath. A few minutes later this guy pulls up next to me and askes me something, but I didn't hear because I was playing the stereo. I asked what did he say. He told me he liked my convertible. I thanked him and my lane of traffic opens up so I drove up a little way.

He pulls along side of me again a bit later, but this time he dosen't have his sunglasses on. And he is a hot looking guy. He mentions how the traffic sucks, did I want to get off the freeway for a drink. I said no. So his lane pulls ahead and he gets off at the same exit I needed to.

There are a few cars between us and I got the red light. A few miles later, on this one lane highway through the canyon, he is parked in this little store parking lot. He has a cardboard sign he wrote "PLEASE" and is waving madly at me. So I pulled into the store and parked.

He askes if he can buy me a Pepsi or icecream. So I go for the soda. Then after we talk and have the sodas, he invites me to have lunch with him in Malibu and I accepted.

Went out with him one other time for lunch, and when I asked for his phone number, he said he would call me again, but never did. I think that he might have been married or lived with someone.
 barbiebabeRN
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/16/2012 3:20:33 PM
Walmart photo dept.
 seventiesbaby2
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/16/2012 3:22:25 PM
Looking out my window watching a man painting someones house. It was a hot day and i offered him a cold drink. the rest is history
 Jim08204
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2012 4:16:49 PM
I was getting my divorce papers notarized at the bank and the teller wanted to celebrate with me : )
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:38:43 PM
Years ago, a guy tried at the child support collections enforcement unit in poughkeepsie, it was too funny
 ConnCat
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 5:58:32 AM
One day on lunch break, in NYC's Madison Square Park (not the arena), I was sleeping off a hangover on a bench. I woke up to find a note on my chest. "Hey, Sleepy Boy, next time you want company for your nap?" She signed her name and her phone number. I called her. We made dirty movies together for weeks!
 ForumsGee
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/17/2012 6:37:13 AM
1) On the plane ...passenger next to me ... it was a 16 hr flight.

2) In line at the grocery store

Many years ago (Im an ex cop)..a drunk after I had arrested him and we were in court - he was fined and said that he might as well take me for a drink as I'd already cost him money lol
( I didnt go with him)
 DragonBits
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:57:47 AM
Wrong phone number late at night turned into an hour long flirtation on the phone, she then invited me over to her house.
 DragonBits
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:05:57 AM
1) On the plane ...passenger next to me ... it was a 16 hr flight

I had a very odd situation on a plane. I was chatting with a lady that said she did massage in Hong Kong and was returning home. While flying, she started to massage my legs. What was really odd, at the time I didn't think anything odd about it.

We continue to chat while she massaged me, when I mentioned I had a GF that was meeting my plane, she stopped so fast that it hit me what was going on. It didn't strike me as odd until later.

But I am told I share too much infomation and sometimes things just go over my head.
 DragonBits
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:48:07 AM

I had two men try to pick me up in an ICU where my mother was dying. One was there visiting a patience the other was a dr.

Now that is just sad.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:08:38 AM
There's something about Arizona....

Strange attempt: Was buying stamps in a post office in Flagstaff and the woman selling me the stamps spontaneously asked me to dinner, which I declined considering I had a girlfriend at the time....who was standing right next to me! She was not amused.

Unusual location: Years before that I was two weeks into a three week river trip down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon with five other guys. I hadn't bathed in several days (48 degree river baths can be a disincentive). None of us had seen a woman in weeks. As I euphorically paddled my kayak out of Lava Falls, the most difficult rapid on the river, all of a sudden I saw a beautiful blonde woman waving me in from the right shore. It seemed like a mirage. I paddled over and she asked if I could fill her water jug with warm water from a warm spring across the river and bring it back so she could wash her hair. Turns out she was a park service volunteer stationed there for three weeks to document any mishaps at the rapid. After bringing her the warm water she invited me to have some lunch with her, then to see her 'favorite sand dune'......

It was an incredible afternoon but ultimately I had to leave to paddle ten miles to our next camp where my buddies waited. We tried to reconnect after the trip but life circumstances interfered and I never saw her again, even though we occasionally corresponded. Today, 25 years later, she's a happily married minister with five kids! This past April I did another Canyon trip and made it a point to camp on that dune, which was covered in wildflowers. Ah, memories....
 OutMind
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/17/2012 2:13:00 PM
The roof of my house.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The strangest place you've ever been picked up in???