Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > QUESTION      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 2
view profile
History
QUESTIONPage 1 of 1    
Your thread should be posted under Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help and not current affairs. : )

To my knowledge the only way you can tell if someone is online is if you list them as a favorite and they have their IM turned on. When clicking on your list, you'll see the IM next to their name..indicating they are online (or have recently just logged off).
 forum_moderator
Msg: 4
view profile
History
 HonestyPaysOff
Msg: 5
QUESTION
Posted: 5/4/2006 12:14:06 AM
How do I go about putting my postings on my profile...that is my postings in other forums
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 6
view profile
History
QUESTION
Posted: 5/4/2006 12:35:32 AM
It takes a few postings (I believe approx. 7 - 8) and they'll automatically show up on your profile!! Hit the forums... : )

edit to Baby: It actually says instant message...and not IM to the immediate right of the persons name on your favorite list if they are online at the present time...or just recently logged off within minutes! Remember that they have to have that feature turned on in order for you to see it!
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 8
view profile
History
User Online Indicator AND POF mail notification
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:17:25 AM
BabyDal, I believe the suggestion/help forum is here for all questions you have that will make using this site more enjoyable for you. No serious questions should be regarded as a bother and you should come here with any that you have to be sure the mods or admin will give you the correct answers. They want you to be happy here!

One note about a comment you just made about being turned off receiving an email from someone who is on many people's favorite list and feeling like you're standing in line.

If you look at my profile you'll see that many people have placed me on their favorite list. I have no clue who some of them even are or why they put me there. They are no indication of who is writing to me, because most of them haven't.....and have no bearing over whom I choose to write to or respond to. I respond to my emails whether they are on that list or not. Know too that we have no control over who adds us, and even though we can delete them, it was proven to me that they just add us back so there's no point to it. The point here is though, not to let those numbers intiminate you, or give you the wrong impression. If someone you're attracted to writes to you it's because they're interested in you and to spite yourself by not answering back because of a fear that shouldn't exist, may prevent you from meeting someone who could end up being your match.
There is no line based on those numbers and all those with high numbers would tell you the same thing I'm sure.

Just trying to help you get the most desirable fish from the pond without having fear that he's a shark!

As for adding people to your favorite's list....I add friends I enjoy communicating with so I can easily tell when they're online. Knowing they're on when I'm on allows me to either IM or email them, knowing they'll usually respond while we're both on. My girl friends aren't displayed across the top of the screen either so having them on that list is very helpful to me when I want to get in touch with one of them and visa versa.

I also never put the gender I'm looking for to date on my restrictions because it prevents friends of the same sex from getting through to you if they try to email you!
Just another suggestion to help with making friends on here..which this site is GREAT for! : )
 DSPA
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/18/2018 4:45:41 AM
Hi. I have a question. I have been trying to find the answer online but no luck. Is it possible that someone can be alerted when I am online? If so, how? I noticed that EVERY SINGLE TIME I am online within minutes a certain person shows up online --- and he isn't on there when I first log on. Coincidence? Alerted? Thanks.
DSPA
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/18/2018 11:59:03 AM
Have you two exchanged messages? If so, if he's online, you'll notice his username with a green "light" in the row above your inbox (as he will see yours in the row above his inbox) whenever you're online. Now this is just a guess, but if he "hides" his profile (on the Edit Profile screen) it *could* be that his username would not show as being online above your inbox and if he sees your username as being online above his inbox, he might "unhide" his profile (on the Edit Profile screen) and you would then see his username above your inbox.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Please note I use the desktop version and know nothing about what or any differences the app might show.
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 3:56:16 PM
Ahh, the ‘Birthday Conundrum’.

If you are in communication with someone who is right on the edge of the 14 year age difference and one of you has a birthday that puts you two over the 14 year age difference then communication is cut off. What I do not know is if the emails are deleted (??). Also, if they are deleted, do they come back if the two people reconnect when the second one has a birthday thus returning them to less than 14 years difference(??).
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 5:46:57 PM
Ignore the above post. I posted it to the wrong thread.

My apologies.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > QUESTION