Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > One third of older women date younger men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoldnGyrrl
Msg: 6
One third of older women date younger menPage 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
really?! It really nothing new......... my mom and dad have been married 50 years... she is a year older then he is

myself? I've never dated younger, never thought about it til now
 Anlachok
Msg: 9
view profile
History
One third of older women date younger men
Posted: 5/5/2006 8:51:12 PM
Younger men don't know any better...lol..but I do love women in my age range...call me old fashion.
 Celticmist
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:04:10 PM
LOL anlachok @ young men don't know any better, I am not sure some old farts do either

Younger depends how young - 4-5 yrs not a bug deal 10-20 years a little different.

I'll stick to around my own age bracket
 RDtoo
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:39:54 PM
Give me a break. Young guys date older women because they know they will put out easier than a young woman. This has been going on for years. A younger guy could not care less about your interests or your mature wisdom.
 Ron9
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/5/2006 11:08:09 PM
“Younger men don't seem as afraid to approach you as an older guy too.”

lipstick1961 - there may be more to that than some people think. I don’t know about other guys or anyone else but ... I have had my fill of rejection. Not only on single’s sites but I have been a recruiter (head hunter) for 32 years. It is constant rejection. No matter what you try to tell yourself it is full to the brim with rejection. It is the same for any sales related position. When you make a sales call you are in their back yard - you are a sitting duck for rejection/objection/competition - we get tired of rejection and the competition of it all.

I am 100% use to a mid 40s female - I know nothing else what so ever. My ex is 46 now - she is the oldest female I have any experience with. Three years ago I signed up on a singles site and tried to talk to mid 40s gals ......... ugg. DUH I finally figured it out - many of them considered me too old. Many don’t - but no way of knowing who does and who don’t. I have no urge to insult anyone - so I all but stopped trying. I don’t want to feel guilty - I don’t want to be considered some dirty old man so - I stopped.

So - sure the younger guys don’t seem as gun shy as older guys - by the time the average guy hits 45 - he has had to face rejection a bazillon times - not only in personal life but many in business life as well. We get our fill of it sooner or later. The younger guys will to as time goes by. I personally have FORTY YEARS of experience at rejection - that is just about enough.
 RDtoo
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:48:36 AM
Dahlia, on the contrary, I am not shallow. What I think is shallow is thinking like "I only date blondes", "I only date dark men", "I don't want anyone bald", "I only date younger than myself". That is what shallow is. Personally I do not care what age a person is, what their hair color or body size is. I am looking for someone I just click with. I think narrowing it down to a category like some of you do is pretty superficial.

Now for my comments about why younger men go for older women. Don't take my word for it. Go look and the hundreds of threads on these forums where guys are looking for older women. Just look at how much they bring up sex. You think they want to hear about your grandchildren? I don't say that they all are thinking this way, but a good majority are.
 Ron9
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:35:52 PM
Actually - having preferences is NOT SHALLOW

If someone likes their boink buddies 25 years younger that is NOT SHALLOW

What is shallow is to date someone BECAUSE of something - because they are young - because they are rich - because they are famous
 arri
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:31:47 PM
And the other 2/3rd cant get any younger guys to touch them
 fab 52
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/22/2006 2:10:48 PM
Not this older woman..no thank you...it takes a real woman to know the benefits of dating a man her own age or older.
 arri
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/22/2006 2:53:08 PM
Look at the cup half full ... not only that leaves 2/3 of the older women, but also 1/3 of the younger women for us older guys to date.
 shore66
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/23/2006 10:51:27 AM

I notice that many people who date younger men/women, treat people their own age differently when in the company of the younger person. It usually involves treating his/her own age group poorly.

I date younger men exclusively, and I don't treat anyone poorly. I think my contemporaries are great - I just don't want to date them, and, frankly, very few of them want to date me. I am sure they have their reasons, just as I have mine.
 Fifi47
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/23/2006 12:46:37 PM
I usually date men my age (48) or older. Maybe I will try dating younger men, I have met some men in their late 30s who seemed to have it together. I know every man is different, but some of these mid life crisis men either act asexual or want to do it with every woman who walks by to prove they still can do it I guess.
 moraima
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2006 2:01:00 PM
Hey, just a suggestion! Why not respect other people's personal boundries, ie. dating the age that they want to, and spend more time searching for a mate who shares our compability.
Besides, with any luck, they will figure out for themselves, why it just doesn't work most of the time.
 BrokenHeartedKungFuGrip
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/23/2006 2:24:05 PM
well I myself enjoy an older man they are just much more wiser and nicer and caring
plus they always have a limp weeniesoo they never ask for sex
and spend all their retirment money on me...

soo old fat guys out there have any hot grandsons??
cuz actually i do prefer younger men...

they have nice hard weenies
unlike u old farts
i think...

bye bye
 arri
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/23/2006 2:36:19 PM
Even proud cougars .. would date men their own age .. or older .. if he is boink worthy. Most of them realize that if they are just going to be F buddies, may as well F someone without a beer belly. It's that simple.
 Celticmist
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/23/2006 8:39:54 PM
that's right Craig and I, being one of that 2/3, like men who were at least born in the same decade as me or very close to it - I have done my babysitting duties when younger now I get to play with the growups
 vrb1955
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/24/2006 8:27:00 PM
Just like Marcia 2 ..I recieve the under age 35 emails now and then . I chuckle and remind the person ,,thank you very much .. but why would you wanna date a woman old enough to be your mother with a kid at home old enough to be your younger brother?

Believe me I have dated an man under 40 and it was great as long as the lights were low and the door was shut. But that gets old and tired after an while and there is nothing left.

I think the main reason we went out was because we were both so lonely

We didn't like the same music . How long was that suppose to last?
 cotter
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 10:54:22 PM
I don't purposely "target" younger men ... I get emails from them and they ask me out. If the older guys don't want me and I want a date ... should I sit home waiting for an older guy to ask me out or should I just go out and have fun?

*buzz*
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2006 3:27:47 AM

I don't purposely "target" younger men

or older men for that matter.

Forum arena is arena for everybody and anybody where parameters don't play any role. Actually, pardon me, some unmeasurable parameters do show up ... are you with me?

P.S.
cotter - you are lovely and your drive is amazing
 cotter
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2006 11:11:15 AM
Yesterday, I finally got my container (just moved to Arizona from Hawaii) and needed to unload it. A friend (male, age 50) who is always bragging about his physical strength and abilities to out-run and out-do many men who are much younger stepped up to help. Bless his heart and believe me I am grateful.

We were unloading the container with a dolly and moving the storage tubs to another truck with that dolly ... no one had to do much carrying or lifting to achieve that. Not only did he become "winded" quite quickly when handling the storage tubs and helping to transfer them to the Uhaul ... he needed numerous breaks.

Yes, I also took breaks ... we're talking Phoenix heat at noon here. Okay, I was not running circles around him, but, I was handling just as much "freight" as he was and did not become "winded" and only took the breaks when he did because he demanded it. (He said he couldn't stand to see me working while he was sitting down.)

While I'm not putting this in here to put him down, I do want to make this point: I'm 57 years old and he was not able to keep up with me physically and he's 7 years younger than me.

Just a thought ... not meaning to stir up trouble here ....Could this be one reason older women are dating younger men?

He's a nice man ... just not my type.
 Plumwine
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2006 1:53:57 PM
If I make an *connection* with a man the numbers do not really matter!! Yes, there are limits to that statement....do not want to mother anyone....do not want to nurse anyone.. I enjoy a man who I can laugh with, learn from and feel comfortable with...his age is not a pre-requisite....hope mine would not be for him!!!
 58stars
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/12/2006 4:28:49 PM
One of the good things about hooking up with an older woman (older than me) is that she is more likely to be financially stable, and have fewer demands on her free time. That can be awfully appealing to a guy who is looking to travel and play and would like a companion!
 Hawkdream
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2006 4:32:32 PM
Well, I'm partial to old Graybeards. But I live in a tiny town where I'm probably kin to 2/3 of them and the rest can't read and write. My only complaint is that many of the men my age or so are having medical problems, ED or something. If I'm married, I'd expect to make love once in awhile (daily would be nice, but I can compromise). And I get more messages from younger men. Unfortunately, most of them give themselves away (post #20) and never get to the point where I give them my IM id. I'd be happy as a clam if I found/got found by an old Graybeard who likes to dance, camp out, see the world and visit with both our families AND was reasonably healthy and able to make love at least once a week. (Good kisser would be nice, too.)
 cotter
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2006 8:59:08 PM
Too many men my age are just waiting for retirement for the travel and the fun of having a relationship.
Therein lies the problem with me ... I've basically just started my career ... no time yet for travel ... fun ... sit around with him and relax. Well shoot ... there goes my chance for a relationship at my age!

Oh well ... the price we pay for being a "stay-at-home-mom" and not pursuing a career earlier in life ... no life afterwards! Well I won't say that ... no relationship afterwards?

Hawkdream
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2006 1:53:03 PM
Since I am raising a teenage granddaughter, maybe I should find a man who is raising children himself. The men my age freak out when they realize they can't be the only "baby" in the family.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > One third of older women date younger men