Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 knight rider
Msg: 2
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?Page 1 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
stop analysing people so much. it's like when you buy a car that you never
seen before that day. Then in the days following, you see all kinds of cars the
same as yours color and all.

Same goes for people, if you keep analysing about tall/short people relationship,
those are the people you will notice more.

I am 5' 9", and I don't look to date a tall woman or a short woman, I look to date
someone who I enjoy my time with.

As far as preferences, Long legged women is what catches my eye the first, love women
with long legs....whoo hoo!!!!

Like I said, it's how I feel and how much I enjoy my time with someone, be it she be
tall or not, makes no matter.

Knight Rider!
 WillB
Msg: 3
Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?
Posted: 5/6/2006 1:50:19 PM
I am ~ 5'10" and I prefer people similar in size. But i wouldn't call it a restriction.
 knight rider
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2006 1:56:18 PM
No worries tortured, but why does this bother you so much, isn't finding true love
mean more then how tall someone is???

Knight Rider!
 ~Nejy~
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2006 2:07:43 PM
I don't think that these men deliberatly date shorter women, i think they date these women because there is an attraction to the person and that maybe they share common interests, goals and enjoy each others company.
 ~Nejy~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2006 2:51:52 PM
hmm...guess I'm out!
 sayonara7
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/6/2006 2:56:05 PM
Okay which world does this happen in?I'm 5 feet, short enough...but your theory doesn't apply to me....why don't I get asked out by 6 feet and tall men???Heck....the only men I get asked out are the ones I haven't known for even 5 minutes, life's a pain sometimes.I'm still wondering..........
 Gmaverick
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2006 4:54:32 PM
I'll let you know when I become taller.......
 captnjimbo
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2006 5:57:46 PM
Say, One crazy girl, I've dated ladies who were taller than me and those that were shorter me. When we were verticle, my feet reached the ground too! And when we were horizonal, well, it didn't matter! Let people think what they will, they have absolutely no say on your happiness!
 ValentineSmile
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:17:30 AM
My friends and I were in a discussion about this the other day. Basically, the general consensus was that it comes down to these two things:

1. A lot of guys seem to get nervous around taller women. It's like they're intimidated by them or something, for whatever reason, so they simply don't even try.

and

2. For a lot of guys, being with a woman that's a fair bit shorter than you just feels 'right'. There's something about looking DOWN into her eyes, and her looking up into yours, that only seems to amplify your attraction to her. Don't ask why; it's like an unconscious response or something.
 a_vamp
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:27:20 PM
Um... dunno... maybe cuz we shorties are nice to spring a hug from the back? I dunno but there's something sexy about watching the bathroom mirror when a man bear-hug me and then lean his head forward to kiss my neck - just like what a vampire would do to his prey...

I'm 5'5" and I would prefer to date someone taller. So nice to kiss with...
 belcarra2
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:02:27 PM
same reason tall men dont date stocky women. it is a masculine trait.
 YambaG
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:44:46 PM
ehh im 6'1 id date a woman as tall as me but no taller would just feel weird lol
 marshw
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/8/2006 9:17:18 PM
I don't date tall women, because I have mechanical difficulties with them. I am not large enough to fully accommodate them, if you know what I mean. Not that I'm all that small. There are other issues too. But there's no need to go into any of that here.
 sayonara7
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/9/2006 5:12:25 AM
Warrior....too bad your in Canada!
 BrokenHeartedNJ
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/10/2006 6:29:33 AM
My 6'4" sis found a 6'4" guy and they're very happily married

I'd probably be uncomfortable at first around someone my height or taller, but I'd get over it easily. I think I'd end up with back problems if I married someone too much shorter than me. When you're bent over so far to kiss them that you can't still hug and be close, it's kinda annoying too.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:35:13 AM
I am 6' 9" tall and honestly, I think I do tend to like women that are around 5' 6" to 5' 9" tall. Just a preference.

But, I have dated someone that was 5' 4" and it was no big deal. Took alittle getting used to for both of us, but we ended up having a lot of fun and the height wasn't an issue in the end. . And, I dated someone that was 6' 2". That too was different but again, I think once I got to know her and became comfortable with her as a person, the height was no big deal.

So, while I prefer someone that's 5' 6" to 5' 9"(and a redhead is always nice, LOL), I would date someone taller or shorter and it would be no problem if we both liked eachother and were having fun.

Also, at 6' 9", I've never ran into anyone taller than me, but you never know m LOL.

When I was younger, there was this girl I worked with the was tall, about 6' 0", and even though at the time, I had only dated shorter women, I wanted to get with her sooo bad. LOL. The reason I didn't? We became really good friends.
 Polly_G
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/10/2006 10:56:19 AM
I have to admit, I do have height preferences. I'm a little over 5'9" and do prefer to date men taller than me. Its just a physical personal prefence like some guys might prefer red heads.

I can emphathise with the op though. Seems like all the really tall ones get snatched up by the teeny people that I bump into by mistake because they were below my line of vision.

C'mon girls...you got the whole petite thing going on, leave the really tall ones for the gals who need them!
 Polly_G
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/10/2006 11:19:46 AM
If I could pick the perfect height I wanted to be it would be 5'7". Short enough that it would open up the field more but tall enough I can still reach stuff
 MeowDude
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/12/2006 7:10:49 PM
because they want power and control
 Laughter First
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/12/2006 7:41:31 PM
what do ladies consider a tall man?
 MeowDude
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:28:20 PM
actually that's a myth to think that shorter men have some kind of napolean complex....I believe socially taller men are expected to lead others or to take command; hence the reason why I made that last statement
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2006 3:37:55 PM
Height (and other physical aspects) mean little to me overall.

What I care about is what's on the inside.
Is a woman intelligent? Have a good heart? Adventurous? Creative?

I guess... if I had to chose... I'd rather have a taller woman. Someone around my own height.
I'm 6'2" by the way.
 nutbarz
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2006 4:03:09 PM
Do Men really choose to date any women?

Men persue women, and the woman is the one who seems to make the choice.
Yes, I know, yet another vast sweeping generalization...

Honestly, I've been attracted to all shapes, and sizes of women.

Personality goes a long way, but attraction needs to be there first.

Chris
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 4:08:56 PM
I'm 6' 9" and I'm wondering,

Where are all these women that love tall guys? I've been looking but can't seem to find them...

towman72gmc
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 11:44:22 PM
I'm 6'8" and I seem to attract shot women. Tall women rarely seem interested in me. I dated 1 women that was 6' but it didn't work out. One of my most intence relationships was with a woman that was 5'2".

I had the hots for a girl that was 6'3" a few year back but she was not interested in me. She later married a guy that was 5'5" and built like a stick.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?