Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sayonara7
Msg: 1
short women/tall menPage 1 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Does such a thing exist?Do tall men date short women?Okay..... I did a forum search on it, didn't find any.But feel free to delete it, if it is redundant. However this is not a "thinly veiled self promo thread" as some people would put it. I really want to know because I'm short.
 sum1reel
Msg: 2
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 5:13:52 PM
most guys don't have an issue with height....as long as she is proportionate, and as long as she isn't way too tall or short........then there are those with stature fetishes!
 tdah73
Msg: 3
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 5:19:10 PM
it definitely exists. the weird thing is that there are a lot of short girls (5-0, 5-1, etc) who only like to date tall guys. never quite figured that one out.
 seatosummit
Msg: 4
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 5:20:44 PM
Tallness in a man is desireable and shortness is a desirable trait in females. The gene pool of tall men will have lots of short women in it. The gene pool of short men will have lots of tall women in it. This is on average. Undesireable traits flock together.
 JWA
Msg: 5
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 6:04:47 PM
This is a legitimate concern from Sayonara I think---she seems quite sincere about most of her posts here.

I'd have to say in your case specificially a man of any height would be or should be very flattered to have your attention. If there EVER comes a time when a guy rejects you because of that he's simply brain dead! A lot of women like to think men are nothing but superficial and perhaps some are--to a degree anyway. When it comes to a woman rarely do I think a cute girl of 5 feet even would have a problem getting a date from a thinking man.

That's what I think anyway!!
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 6
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 6:56:58 PM
I am generally outta luck...I am not only short and handicapped..... but ......also a BBW and most men are looking for the Barbie Model doll not the CABBAGE PATCH Doll....( oh well who wants to be a stuffed idiot anyway....LOL...IF only Mr Right would come along and give me half a chance....WELL A lady can WISH!!!!!....lol...
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 7
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 6:58:20 PM
My oldest daughter is 5'6 and dated a guy 7'3....every time he kissed her....he sat her on top of his car..LOL...
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 8
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 7:17:06 PM
I think it all boils down to the primal urge for women to feel protected. Certainly a taller, larger man fits the bill. It could also be due to procreation - when looking for a mate, you want to find a man/woman that has the best genes. If you are one that is looking to sublimate what you are missing, ie. being short, you may look for a mate that is tall. I'm 5'5 and have often been attracted to taller men. At the ripe old age of almost 39 (tomorrow is my Birthday), I think I've moved past the height barrier as I'm not looking for a man to have a child with. I will admit, however that I just can't bring myself to date men shorter than myself or of same height.
 DDTempest
Msg: 9
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 7:25:14 PM
I won't date a woman taller than me. Then again I am 6'6" so I don't think that really counts too many people out.
 MisterEd67
Msg: 10
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/6/2006 9:14:02 PM
Mister Ed is 6'7" (or, just under 20 "hands" ). Many, many years ago, Mister Ed fell in love with a little filly who was only 4'10". Several years after that, he married one who was 6'1/4". Mister Ed has little issue with height.
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 11
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:48:31 PM
well/.....Mister Ed...I'd love to see more of you than your eyes...sexy as they are please show me moreeeeeeeeeeeee
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 12
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:15:51 PM
The corollary to this is tragic. Many women say they will not date a man under 6-feet even though he meets and exceeds many of the other criteria. There was a Cosmo publication a couple of years ago that stated men over 6-feet have more children and make more money in their 30s (no difference in the long run) than men under 6-feet. Makes you go 'huh'?
 hapeenurse
Msg: 13
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:49:41 PM
every guy I've dated , with the exception of one , has been 6 feet or taller.
I'm 5'2 and all of my friends joked that I liked my men "climbable"
I wasn't attracted to them because they were tall, just like I wasn't attracted to the one who was on the shorter side because he wasn't tall.
 Carol27
Msg: 14
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/10/2006 8:55:28 AM
I am 4'11 3/4" (yes, that 3/4" counts) and yes I have dated average to very tall men....anywhere from 5'6" to 6'6". So the answer is yes, tall men do date short women.
 purplestardust101
Msg: 15
view profile
History
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/10/2006 9:05:22 AM
I don't really put too much into height...I could care less if the guy is tall or short...I was with a guy who was 6'5" for a long time...but then also with someone who was 5'5" for a long time too...but I've dated people who were shorter and taller...I really can't stress enough that I don't go for what is on the outside...I go for the heart that is on the inside...to me that is where it all is!!! I mean that is the part that is going to be making us both happy anyway...Hey, but that is just my opinion...well, along with some of the other good stuff too...lol......
~Micheline~
 Carol27
Msg: 16
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/10/2006 12:22:00 PM

Shortness is a desirable trait in women? On which planet? Hmm, that must be why supermodels are all short, because it's desirable and clothes hang better on vertically challenged females. Or are you just stating your own preference?

Wow....that was pretty d*mn rude.
 sayonara7
Msg: 17
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/10/2006 1:51:28 PM
I'm 5 feet, I know I'm short, but that was pretty damn rude nevertheless.I agree with you Carol.Whoever said models look like 10-11 year old scrawny boys was probably right.No offense to models though.
 Lil_bartender
Msg: 18
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 4:55:06 AM
well im short....5ft 1 and 1/2 inches. and im a thin girl. and my last bf was 6'3 and averge weight/lean. the other guys have been average height, from 5'8 -5'11 but i never really thought about height until my last bf. Im really in love with tall men. now I dont want to date any guy 6 ft and under. actually i would love the guy to be at LEAST a foot taller than me (6ft 2inches about) ,why?

I duno theres just something about a tall guy lol they reach things for me lol. I feel more protected around them. I also like guys to be husky/muscular in not really into thin guys. I like them picking me up lol I would love to be with a guy 6t 4inches or like 6ft 8"...i know thats really tall especially that im under 5'2". Like ya dancing with them would be weird but, meh who cares lol.

so tall guys who like short chicks..hit me up:P lol
 whothehellknows
Msg: 19
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 5:35:52 AM
I like short women. Doesn't bother me at all, and I stand about 6'2.
 NoMexShrek
Msg: 20
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 9:07:05 AM
I've said it before in other threads, while I don't really have too much of a preference, I did notice more of a "fun" dynamic when dating shorter girls. The tall ones, including my ex wife (6'1") all were super-conscious about being "amazons" and it did get old at times.

Wheras the shorter girls generally had fun with being short, and had a sense of humor about it.

Not sure why that is, or if it was just the small sample size I am basing this off of.
 SCUDRUNN3R
Msg: 21
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 12:50:17 PM
"Height is arbitrary when it comes to love."

being a little shortass myself, and gone out with women who are nearly six foot...
One of my most awsome relationships was with a gal taller than me!

Looks/height/stature/curves/ yada yada yada - doesn't matter if you have a mental connection with someone.

It just so happens that sometimes we get shallow, and only go for looks.
Ying-Yang.... and stuff
 gentlemanjack1
Msg: 22
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 1:43:52 PM

Threads like this are usually thinly veiled complaints by tall women about why they see most tall guys dating average height women (because she views average height women as "short"). It's because there are far more average height women than tall women, and women, no matter what their height, mostly go for tall men. In general, most guys don't care about a woman's height.

Yeah, kind of stinks that this quite limits the dating pool for women desiring quite tall men, right?
 reowel
Msg: 23
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 2:11:16 PM
As I've discovered, I'm 1.83 m, the problem I have is from bending over so far that my back hurts if we kiss for an extended period. When she sat on my lap that problem dissipated and we had even more fun!

By the way, all we did that night was neck.
 imalitltpot
Msg: 24
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/28/2008 3:01:48 PM
I'm 5' tall and generally am attracted to shorter men.

HOWEVER.......

A few years ago I dated a guy who is 6'4" tall. Slow dancing sucked, but he could wrap his big long arms around me, unlike the guys with short stubby arms....LOL. People told us we were such a cute couple.
 tbear960
Msg: 25
short women/tall men
Posted: 5/29/2008 12:58:33 AM
Hun im 6'8'' tall all i can date is short women. there aint a women alive outside of the wnba thats my height and i dont have a shot in hell with those girls. My daddy gave me the best advice once it dont matter how short or tall you each are cause it all lines up in bed. I live by thoses words
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > short women/tall men