Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 prolibertate
Msg: 2
I'm not attracted to women my age.Page 1 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
OP, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and most women don't have the money, time, or assistance that Kidman, Hayek, et al do so they can look perfect 24/7. Also, I've seen more women lately, some who are older than these women you mentioned, who look better than some women in their 20s do. But, more importantly, is having a 'sense of style' more important than traits such as responsibility, intelligence, grace, warmth, compassion and who take care of themselves as they feel is appropriate?
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 4
I'm not attracted to women my age.
Posted: 5/6/2006 10:35:38 PM
~OP~ If you aren't comfortable with women your age, date in an age range that you are comfortable. There is no right or wrong answer. Do what makes you happy. Who cares what anyone else thinks? You have to live your life on your own terms. I do think that your post was a little broad and overgeneralized (I know many beautiful women in their late 30-40s. You just have to find them.) I personally feel exactly as you do. Men my age or near my age (on the average) do not appeal to me like those 5-10 years younger ~ it's OK to like what you like!!!
 nipoleon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:26:56 AM
Your gonna LOVE turning 50.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:37:41 AM
I'm giggling thinking about those pics of some of the "world's most beautiful women" without makeup. AKKK!!!! Most are barely recognizable.
 Bandito
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:43:18 AM
And what a nice a$$ is it is Indy

Well what I find offensive I guess in reading this post is that the OP @ 38 can criticize others here about their looks but he is too cowardly to post a picture of himself here for other to criticize him

Secondly, @ 38 he should be mature enough to know its not all about looks I guess no one told the OP he is out of the prime first time through market of 25-35. Generally, unless he has the looks, money or power that models, actresses, MTV video lasses are all out of reach.

Time for the OP to look deeper for a real partner and not a trophy

Bandito
 namelessgrace
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:51:00 AM
Amen to that ^^^^^^^^^^^^ (all of the above)
 tcky123
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/7/2006 7:58:45 AM
where is op picture? huh, he needs to get out of this site and rent a room at toys r us where the barbie section are available, op honey that is as close you gonna get to the hotties and guess what op they dont age at all lol how is that 4 ya.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:17:25 AM
Well what I find offensive I guess in reading this post is that the OP @ 38 can criticize others here about their looks but he is too cowardly to post a picture of himself here for other to criticize him

So many times guys are bashing "old" women and they have no picture posted, or they are completely DELUSIONAL about their own appearance.

Grow up, get a life and a mirror....or get therapy.

and who the hell still uses webtv??? LOL
 tongue-untied
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2006 11:09:36 AM
Well, Mr Gimp, you have pre-maturely entered mid life crisis at 38...before you go out and buy that brand new Corvette or Harley, take some time to reflect...life doesn't end at 40...I'm not even there yet (I'm 36), but I know I'll have no problem with it...
We're all getting older, some of us are just more comfortable with the aging process...I'm lucky, I feel the same today as I did when I was 18...same weight, same desires, only now a little more wiser to the facts of life....I lost my parents in my 20's and although it was hard to deal with, it prepared me for dealing with my life and the aging of it....You are only as old as you feel. If ladies your age don't really do it for you, by all means, pursue younger women...As time goes by, you may find that you have more in common with those women your age that you did with the younger ladies...It's a natural thing for people to seek out others that are the same age...it's also natural to be attracted to younger women...

I'm attracted to both...my last 2 girlfriends were 24 and 41...and I recently met a woman older than me that turns me on more than I could ever imagine....not with her good looks or hot body, but by the way she lets her true feelings fall on the table for me to see...nothing is more attractive than honesty and confidence in one's age, looks, personality, ect....

Bottom line, you'll learn more about her AND yourself staring into her eyes, not at her ass...

belcarra
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:34:47 PM
The female biological clock comes to an end at 38 despite the fact that women desperately try to exercise and diet the years away. Surgery only makes them look like an older lady who has had her face stretched.
 Lynlin1957
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:40:52 PM

The female biological clock comes to an end at 38

I would like to see the medical back-up on that one so I can show it to my biological clock since, according to you, it's been ticking 10 years too long.
 Lynlin1957
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:44:36 PM

im totally looking forward to turning 50. im gonna be the cranky old guy that sits on my porch and screams at the kids across the street to keep off my lawn and call the town office every 25 min to complain about WHATEVER is on my mind at that moment

At 50????? All the 50 somethings I know have better things to do with their time. Now I've seen some 80 somethings like that.
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:55:54 PM
Sure some women and guys too for that fact, let themselves go to pot. But tell me you haven't seen 18 year olds that look old enough to be your mom, or dad. I sure have, some people age well and some work at it, some don't bother. You don't have to settle for anything you don't want. A woman at work told me she was old enough to be my mom, I'm 41 she's 44, the look on her face was priceless. Your not being to picky, you just prefer someone who is attractive to you. There are plenty of women over 35 that are as attractive as ever.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/7/2006 2:37:12 PM
^^^~YYY~When you have time, please send me an email....there is something I want to tell you.

~OP~ The reality is, you want what you want. Nothing wrong with that. Overgeneralizing, however, probably isn't scoring many points with women of all ages. The glory of the internet ~ click ~ and instantly there is a new woman in front of you. Click til you find one that interests you ~~~ with any luck, she doesn't know how to get into forums and hasn't read this thread! LOL
 who_the_fox
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:16:35 PM
im totally looking forward to turning 50. im gonna be the cranky old guy that sits on my porch and screams at the kids across the street to keep off my lawn and call the town office every 25 min to complain about WHATEVER is on my mind at that moment

Well, you do what you think is right when YOU are 50. I personally will continue pumping iron 6 days a week, yoga 5x a week and cardio 4x a week....and my neighbours can keep complaining about the loud metal tunes at all hours.

btw: at 38 you likely couldn't keep up to me
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:19:50 PM
^^^~YYY~When you have time, please send me an email....there is something I want to tell you.
First ya gotta promise to be nice, and I'll hold you to it. Sadly the one thing about women my age I've found here is some pretty large hate/etiquette/general bad manners issues. Been spewed at once today out of the blue, even changed email preferences for it. Do ya promise?
 Indoorsman
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:23:08 PM
Hi Joy,

I agreewith you. age is not a factor, it's all about attitude!

Ted
 john032441
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:27:12 PM
sorry - but i've always been attracted to women older - i find women from 65 to 85 very sexy and really open - and they know what they want and are not afraid to express it - and believe me - very sexy
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:35:17 PM

First ya gotta promise to be nice, and I'll hold you to it. Sadly the one thing about women my age I've found here is some pretty large hate/etiquette/general bad manners issues. Been spewed at once today out of the blue, even changed email preferences for it. Do ya promise?

Of course ~ but I must tell you.....bad manners come in all shapes/sizes/ages. I have enough hate mail for both of us, I promise, I don't waste my time sending that type of thing. LMAO ~ this cracks me up....I feel like you're running high security on your inbox....LMAO The funniest part, I'm the same!!
 Indoorsman
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:41:21 PM
Here is my opinion. Looks are important, why shouldn't it be? Money is important, why shouldn't it be. The only reason good lookin' women hook up with a not so handsome men is because of money, success. or fame. Best example: Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovitt, and what about Bill Gates, his wife is way out of his league if he didn't have money. I challange you to name a very pretty woman who didn't use it to her advantage! Can you say Anna Nicole Smith. She went all the wway to the Supreme Court to prove my point!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:56:43 PM
^^^^You may be right. But there are lots of famous women, with as much if not more money than their spouse (who are less attractive) Courtney Cox-Arquette; Sandra Bullock & Jesse James; J Lo & Marc Antony...there is a long long list. I do think there are some women who truthfully do look for substance. As for Anna ~ good for her ~ nothing like seeing our finest court in the nation deciding a case based upon T & A!!! (Yes, I know ~ the case wasn't actually about T & A, that was sarcasm!!) Gotta love America.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:17:15 PM

We all are too picky and all this pickiness has brought us here because we can't seem to be satisfied.

Speak for yourself.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:42:47 PM
^^^^^I think you're right in theory. The problem is, what one finds humorous another might not, etc.,etc.,etc. There was a time in my life when I was not as "picky" as I am today ~ and the end result was a situation was always coming to an end. Unless you know what you want, exactly, and are willing to wait for it ~ chances are you'll settle for today and be alone tomorrow. I'd rather just sit it out and wait for the man that fits what I'm looking for. I don't want to go through any more break-ups of relationships that should not have happened in the first place. I guess the short of it: I am not willing to settle at this point in my life. JMO!!!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:47:13 PM
I am not TOO picky. I am likely not picky enough.....
 who_the_fox
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:47:52 PM

average North American puts on 1lb extra every year between the ages of 25-50. So by 50yrs old the average person is at least 25lbs over weight

Actually, the average North American is overweight from puberty on.

btw: some of us are NOT average.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I'm not attracted to women my age.