Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Where are the geeky girls?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ruckus123
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Where are the geeky girls?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
library, grocery store, bingo night at the church, at the park, bars, clubs...

Geeky girls are everywhere.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 5
Where are the geeky girls?
Posted: 5/7/2006 12:52:41 PM
Well I'm not a geek...... but I am a dork.

:))
Witchy
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:12:45 PM
Check out your Computer shops and ISP's, A lot of us Older gals that jumped into that mostly male dominated field are encouraging a generation of all new femaile geeks. We are hell with a screwdriver, can type faster than we can think and have an imagination that can be dangerous. Geeks make great partners.
 sayonara7
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:14:47 PM
I'm not sure about cute and nice, because I can be ugly and mean when I want. But I'm definately a science geek.Oh and I'm quiet everywhere except when I'm in the forums.

designingwoman
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2006 8:07:06 PM
Geek is the new cool!! There are cool geeks everywhere you go since everyone likes computers these days.

As for finding the truly great geeks, you can find geeks like me at Star Trek/science fiction conventions. Yes, I do attend conventions and am a full blown geek looking forward to going to design school just to buy two computers--Apple and Alienware to supplement my existing desktop. A gaming shop or comic book shop is another cool place to meet geeks. You guessed it I also love comic books ;-)

Playing with computers has become a popular activity among such a wide swath of the population that geeks are taking over the world

I am a geek and proud of it!!
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:59:52 PM
Artlucas, you might want to wait on that marriage proposal. Which command would you like my shell to give to your kernel? Or we can discuss the joys of token ring networks, how Linux would put a patch in the OS kernel for phising. I'd invite you into a terminal session but you are far to young for me.
 ihateplentyoffish
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:59:09 AM
Just because you played The Sims a couple of times does not mean you are a geek. And watching your boyfriend play Halo doesn't count either. Halo sucks anyway.
 Live Love and Dance
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/14/2006 9:19:52 PM
Pon Farr is coming up soon and I am stranded on this planet.
 designingwoman
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:06:26 PM
At the beach reading the latest Trek novel
 kristinanb
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2006 8:00:30 PM
Try looking for wifi hot spots. Ever since a few local cafes lured me in with wifi, my laptop and I are regulars.

Tina
 justin1634
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 1:26:34 PM
Play world of warcraft and go to a convention. Any girls there are geeky.

PROUD TO BE A DORK!
 designingwoman
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 3:41:58 PM
There are some unbespectacled geeks too! I am a geek's geek--I love Star Trek, Star Wars, and can say a few words in Klingon. But I don't wear glasses!
 designingwoman
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2006 9:00:51 PM
I'm probably a g-5. I like Trek, LoTR, and can say a few words of Klingon, but only play the old arcade classics in an arcade. If I can't plunk a quarter to play a video game, I just don't do it LOL!! I only watched anime once, and never read any manga. I only played D and D once but enjoyed it. You'll find a G-5 on the beach reading a sci fi or fantasy book or at a convention in regular clothing or a club chapter polo shirt.
 Gravity_Vortex
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:47:36 AM
Thanks guys....I just figured it all out. I need to find myself some geeky type chick. Ya...thats the ticket...some sweet, quiet, smart, down to earth....yup that is it.

I have love for Astonomy and much more. And in my teens had a 16 inch DIA. light bucket, those of you into astonomy will know what I am talking about. Use to take photo of deep space items with it...even used infered films as well. What a blast that was...had my own dark room in the basement to do my own films and prints. I was 13 years old then.

Hay...ugly betty.....WHERE ARE YOU....???? You look cute to me...

Oh and by the way I just loved that post....this one....

Ten Reasons to Date a Geek

10. They can show you what all the buttons on the calculator do.

9. They can tell you exactly how much to tip in a restaruant.

8. No matter how ugly your attire is they'll still think it's "hip".

7. They can perform a concerto in C++ on their keyboard for you.

6. They know all about heat, friction, and gravitational attraction.

5. They can kill all the "bugs" for you.

4. They can tell you everything that is scientifically wrong about the Star Wars Movies.

3. You are 100 times more interesting than their last conversation with Bertha/Gilbert, their computer.

2. They're great to RAM.

1. They know how to turn on your hard drive.

MsTree
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:49:26 AM
what makes a girl geeky?
 designingwoman
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:21:02 AM
I can do #2 and #5, but the rest is Greek to me!!
 AwP
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:30:24 AM
Not every geek is a computer geek. Here's how I define the nerd/geek/dork triat.

Nerd: Intelligent and interested in useful subjects like science or math.
Geek: Intelligent and interested in useless subjects like RPGs and sci-fi.
(for some reason computers count in both catagories)
Dork: Socially awkward.
All three tend towards certain traits like glasses and bad fashion sense, and a person can be in more then one catagory.

Personally I have some of all three, though I think the geekness is the winner. I think I might need to move to Canada.
 designingwoman
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:30:06 PM
Oh, yea, Worf is hot stuff!

Anchises, drop me a line. I tried to message you, but could not get through. I like cool geeks!!

Someone mentioned Starbucks. Yep, you'll find me there--I love Starbucks coffee. Even better is fair trade, shade grown stuff!! There's nothing like having a delicious coffee
 AwP
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 10:22:17 AM

am I still a geek even if I don't like Star Trek or do I have to give up my glasses and membership card?
(hope not)

Sure, there's plenty of forms of geekosity besides treckie.
 ActiveGirl16
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 5:04:34 PM
Take up square or contra dancing!
 designingwoman
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 6:57:06 PM
Guess I am stuck at the wannabe level since I have NO clue what that computer talk is all about!!

Suppose I'll sign up for the Klingon language camp to make up for my lack of computer knowledge!

Sign me up for the classes, or just beam me up to Canada!!

DW
 Coraline39
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 7:06:46 PM
How about Ohio?! Not everyone here is into OSU football. I'm very much a geek, and I don't see that as an insult...I think that either you embrace who you are (geeky or not) or you try to deny who you are. It is that simple. But, as with other things, geekiness is a matter of type/degree. I know people who are total gamers, some who are into anime, others who live in the local comic shop. Some of those interests intersect, but not all of them, and not always. I used to be part of the local sci-fi convention planning group, and there's nothing like a convention to show you the variety of geeks. Even within 'fandom' there are different catagories of geeks, like filkers, gamers, computer/tech geeks...the list goes on and on.

If it is a Tuesday night, the geek girls may be at home, watching Eureka on the Sci-fi channel...:)

We're everywhere...:)

And, yes, I snort when I laugh sometimes.
 AwP
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2007 2:33:54 AM

You have to understand that smoking is against the Geek Code of Honour. Nicotine is definitely a nono. You can replace it with a 12-pack a day habit of Jolt Cola, though, and Geeks everywhere will give you the thumbs up.

This rule is true, but only for the upper echelons of high geekdom, if you're more borderline then the rules are much looser.
 Coraline39
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2007 5:39:08 PM
Anchises...Dude, I'm pretty sure I mentioned accepting and even embracing who you are. I've totally embraced my geekiness. I'm not as well-informed as you are, especially where new high-tech stuff is concerned, but I also don't have time to keep up with it. Give me a technological advance which will cure my Diabetes (or my migraines) and I'll be right there with ya, singin' the techie tunes...:) But you are clearly way smarter than I am...

I have nothing against being on the cutting edge of technology, either. Indeed, I wish I could hook you up with my friend Earnest, and you two could talk tech stuff forever...:) It is just that most new tech advances don't help me with my Algebra class...
 designingwoman
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2007 7:39:44 PM
Oh, and I am hell with my bat'leth!!

I took the geekyness test and scored 22%. My low score no doubt has to do with the fact that I did not become a Star Trek fan until my mid-thirties.

Qapla'!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Where are the geeky girls?