Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AND MEN WONDER WHY...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dashance
Msg: 2
view profile
History
AND MEN WONDER WHY...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well,... a dose of cynicism would help some! I'm just astounded by what you have claimed to have done for dudes you barely know anything about for any length of time. Haha, and being the proverbial loner dude myself,.... Well when I get the convo going with a gal. I'd drope my digits for her... not the otherways around... I want her at ease with me, despite my not necc. acheiving it all that much... so,...
1. let the guy take the initial step in faith by providing info.
Let the communication continue on for a while on the phone at couple times,.... how long? however long it takes for comfort. Haha, I do recall having a gal pushing ME for a "meeting"...
2. Take the time on phone convo for your comfort,...use your own judgement own whether the guy is acceptable,...like sure he'll push it a bit,...but where do you draw the line? Is he at least respectable in verbiage?
I've never been one to really take leaps of trust and duties to any extent initially, things need to progress naturally, sometimes we have bad judgements,... this is where we'll catch ourselves. So...
3. Let issues of trust and other matters of bearing (money and other personal impacts) progress quite slowly,... ya gotta look out for number one! Getting to a point where the "one" to a one "a" and a one "b", is something else,... as I haven't been there myself! But good fortune!
 stoneside
Msg: 6
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:20:26 PM
Grrr, you live far away from me. Keep the faith there are men out there that spoil a lady in return for the lady spoiling them.
 Billbug
Msg: 7
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 5/7/2006 9:29:23 PM
ribbit, ribbit, ribbit, croak, croak....er, did someone call??
 Billbug
Msg: 9
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 5/7/2006 10:57:54 PM
It's funny but in my last 9 year marriage and my last 2 relationships I did everything for my exes, including shopping and cooking then the cleaning up afterwards. But you see it is something I am quite happy to do for the person I love. But damn, I still don't know where I went wrong. Must have been something I said....
Hey, not Prince Charming but still waiting to be kissed...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 13
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:00:05 PM
The frogs and the toads are what the "block user" and "delete" keys are for.
Use them frequently and don't worry your pretty little head about it. Whatever you've gotten, trust me, I've probably gotten at least 20 just like it.
The frogs see female, ribbit and they want to hop onto your lilypad.
My block user list is extensive, I've been here awhile and all the reptilians there EARNED it!!
 Billbug
Msg: 14
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 5/8/2006 7:56:40 PM
"People are people ignorant, SOME are anyway, can we take the gender aspect out of it? Please? Thanks!! "

Now I wonder who said that on another site?

Bucsgirl...I do believe you are targetting me. What I don't know is why? I have done nothing to you...
 Billbug
Msg: 18
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 5/9/2006 1:29:38 AM
I hate to break it to you mate but she has no interest in you whatsoever. Forget about her...you will only be hurt. You are chasing a dream...
 Wildcard74
Msg: 22
AND MEN WONDER WHY...
Posted: 6/12/2006 9:56:27 AM
OMG, I feel your pain. You deserve so much better than that. However, you are doing the right thing. You aren't putting all your eggs in one basket. Sooner or later you'll find the prince and be rid of the frogs forever.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AND MEN WONDER WHY...