Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Honesty versus Snooping--what do you do when you find out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a_realistic_wish
Msg: 6
Honesty versus Snooping--what do you do when you find out?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
# 1 HUGS
# 2 More Power to YOU

With age should come wisdom and the ability to follow through. However, I too found myself with similar tales of woe. I married a man that not only had bad credit, he had no drivers license, a list of outstanding tickets and unsettled lawsuits because of insurance claims. I could go on and on but you know the story.

I will more than likely never be in a relationship again, but if God sends someone into my life, I will certainly ask to see his license as I have done in the past. (if they are driving your car you better) I will also check into credit information.

FYI -- If you have a persons "REAL NAME" you can get a lot of information from the County's Public Records especially divorce cases, and you know the poor deceased wife that is not even dead yet.

Guys before you blast me --- I know women have done the same thing and more -- about the worst one I think is a woman leaving her children but that is another forum for another day.

good luck to A/all and have a Blessed Day
 Billbug
Msg: 11
Honesty versus Snooping--what do you do when you find out?
Posted: 5/10/2006 10:00:15 PM
"Honesty versus Snooping--what do you do when you find out?"

My opinion? The end justifies the means. I do not consider it dishonest to find out someone is dishonest.... but if you found out that he wasn't, then.......????? I guess you have to be pretty damn sure of your suspicions.....
 tcky123
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:57:27 AM
no you not worng if you seen some red flags warning,just always if you marry this guy in the back of your mind you will not trust him and the fact he never told you how bad his credit histy is, my bf and I have bad credit and when we became serious we both admit how bad it was I never lie and always up front about our past, I told him about all my past in the adult industry which he never had to known from the begining and same as him, so you have to be honest .
 Dehm
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 10:04:50 AM
[Even though he said there was 'no such thing as attention-deficit disorder (ADD) he was taking ADD pills]

I made a point of reading all of the posts for this thread, as the above quote made my ears perk up. As someone who has ADD, I see where his behaviour comes from. Many people think that ADD means the person just loses interest easily. NOT TRUE. There are many symptoms of ADD, and being impulsive, difficulty getting organized, chronic procrastination, mood swings, a need for high stimulation...there are many more characteristics, but I think this give you an idea of just how destructive ADD is if undiagnosed, or undertreated.

He was probably hiding these things because he was ashamed of himself - but if you think of ADD in the same terms as epilepsy or tourette's symdrome you can understand that it isn't the person at all, but a brain disorder that occurs naturally.

Taking medication and seeing a shrink are steps toward dealing with the disorder.

It wasn't him doing this to you, it was the ADD...

I know this doesn't make it better and I'm not saying what he did was okay, but please keep it in mind.

bleeptwo
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:17:46 AM
Snooping is wrong in any case. Lets be honest here most woman who get that gut feeling something might be wrong but never really want to know because some woman LIke MEN can not be alone. It seems a lot of men and woman never learn from there mistakes they are the ones who need a shrink as the defenition of insanity is to repeat the same behavior expecting a different result. If you find something out by accident that is one thing but if you checked his credit report with out his permission you have just broken the law.
But you are not expecting to much honesty but you are expecting to much she must have seen how he spends his money or if he saved some of it the writing maybe was on the wall you just refused to read it I bet
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Honesty versus Snooping--what do you do when you find out?