Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 snowsoup
Msg: 1
Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I saw this question posed on TV tonight with all that stuff on Heather and Charlie Sheen's x wife? What do you think about it? My best friend dated my x (only he was not my x yet, but that is another story). Needless to say, she ain't my best friend no more. LOL.....
 Warrior612
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????
Posted: 5/10/2006 11:21:20 PM
I stay away from friend's ex's/sisters/moms/whatever.

Causes far too many problems.
 MHafermann
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 11:21:43 PM
No it's not ok, not in my opinion anyway.
 wellhowdyhi
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2006 11:40:39 PM
Sounds like a good challenge. The trick is to keep everybody happy at the same time.
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/11/2006 12:25:07 AM
^^^ Lucky to still have that friend...True ones are hard to find...

OP-...nope!...shouldn't...wouldn't...couldn't...
 hapeenurse
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/11/2006 12:35:37 AM
I couldn'd do that to a friend.
yes attraction happens but to act on it would be a slap in your best friends face.
 Flirt859
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 12:47:17 AM
I must be the odd person here.. if he is my EX.. then my friends are welcome to him. I have even set my friends up with my exes if they seemed like they would be a good match. What's the big deal?? I wouldn't date my best friend's ex if I thought she was still hung up on him, but otherwise sure.. why not??
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/11/2006 12:54:57 AM
I could not do that to any of my friends. This even goes for the friends that I am not as close to. To me, it is just wrong. There are plenty of men out there, I do not need to date my friends ex's. Even if I heard he was good in bed, I still could not do it.
~Carrie B.
 snowsoup
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:10:31 PM
I would not do it as there are plenty others out there and why hurt your friend as there may be some undisclosed emotions still lingering. Friendships are worth more the x's to me.
 ctrydancer
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:24:48 PM
snow...my husband started dating his best friend's girlfriend and look where he's ending up...divorced !
 Polly_G
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:29:01 PM
I've had this happen to me twice. I broke up with him and was feeling extremely guilty so made out like I was ok with it but I wasn't. When a friend starts dating my ex the friendship is over along with any chance of me being friends with my ex again.

Its just too uncomfortable.
 twilight-twin
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:55:12 PM
I wish some of my girlfriends would be interested in my ex. He's a great guy. . . for somebody else. I just wish he would date so I can quit feeling like I ruined him. Seriously, I'm kidding. It's totally wrong. An unwritten rule with good reason. Not as bad as my best friend marrying my Father though. Now that was really messed up.
 unknown biker
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:58:55 PM
never..maybe if he dies...not usually..unless hes not home..not very often
 sayonara7
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:11:13 PM
What's the problem?????I don't see the need for this question.But on second thoughts, I'd say no.It would be morally wrong to date someone's ex or not if your friend and he still had a thing for each other.Jeez.....there are plenty of fishes in the sea.
 balistic82
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:13:07 PM
Too many complications (best friend's ex)
 escapee
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/12/2006 2:32:35 PM
I wouldnt wish her on my worst enemy,but if your friends are like family(mine are) I think it is inappropriate if not trashy
 Scard4Life
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/15/2006 7:04:01 AM
not a very good idea to
 ashleytina
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/4/2006 12:23:52 AM
no, its not ok maybe if they havent been together for years and years but still why would you want to
 spoiledbrat54
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 5:02:34 AM
No I wouldn't wish my X on my worst enemy much less my best friend. I wouldn't date my best friend's x either that would surely end our friendship.
 ctrydancer
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:27:12 AM
"There are some lines you just don't cross and this would be one of them./"

Well..thats one way to get rid of your ex...if he goes out with his best friend's girl...ha ha
 svensvenson
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:39:38 AM
NEVER! It is never okay in my books. My exwife was sleeping with one of my best friends who happened to also be our next door neighbour while we were still together, and ended up leaving me for him. They were together for a short time until she caught him with another woman. Needless to say, the piece of crap is no longer my friend.

Sven
 purplebutterfly7
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:51:50 AM
Well...a good friend of mine started dating this guy that once upon a time I really liked...and I wasn't too pleased with it at first..and actually thought it was 'taboo', but I guess nothing is taboo anymore! :-P Anyways, I think you get over it and if your friendship means enough with your friend you won't let it disintegrate over a guy (in our case) or over a girl, cuz thats just stupid...its like the chicken and the egg theory...which came first? In my case it was my friend, and for the record neither of us really talk to the guy anymore anyways. So all is happy, and we are still friends. :)
 funnygirll
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/4/2006 11:51:13 AM
ah ah nope no way!!!

totally wrong!! because even if the relationship is over, you are most likely witness to your bestfriend's feelings throughout the relationship or breakup and then it seems as you were just wishing for their relationship to end so you could have a go!! Nope!!

nothing to do with jealousy over the ex but more to do with the AXE in the back from your 'bestfriend'...
 gravey
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/4/2006 2:22:49 PM
It depends on the reasons why they broke up, how it went and how they feel about each other. All lot of us in the neighborhood grew up together and hung around with each other all the time. My best friend started dating 1 of the girls in his senior year. I had wanted to date her, but she was always after him. She was 1 year younger than us. They dated thru the summer,(yes, they had sex at least once a week) then he & I went to college, different ones. His college was a 40 min drive away, mine was 1.5 hours. His was in a bigger city, mine a small town. I came home every weekend because my college was in a paper mill town and the smell made you gag every morning. She would go see him at clollege almost every Sat. nite. 1 Sat nite, she could not get her parents car, so she had to stay home. We went out that night for a couple of drinks(drinking age at the time here was 18). She told me that she was unhappy with him, but not to tell him. She would. The next Sat. she was back home before 8 pm. She told me she had broken up with him and left. (usually she would not be home much before 1 am.). We went out had a couple of drinks & I heard her side of the story. Next week, I heard his side. Both were the same, but yet different. So I asked him if he minded if I dated her. He said "Hell no!! Go for it!!"
So I did. And we had sex. And she got pregnant. Only problem was whose was it? She had sex with him just before she broke up with him the week before. She had an abortion, getting both of us guys off the hook, but we all remained friends and still are to this day.
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2006 7:20:32 PM
He is downright sexified...hotter than hot....his smile lights up a room. He is polite and very in tune with what a woman wants......he is an amazing cook, writer and friend in general.......Everytime you see him, you just melt like butter on a hot tin roof and that Rick Springfield song "Jessie's Girl" replays in your head but to match your situation.......then miraculously they break up....

She cries on your shoulder and you do your part of the best friend and assure her that better is yet to come, while thoughts of tongue wrestling with him in a sweaty, oily mess runs through your mind. You can see him in all his nude glory staring down on you, breathing heavily as he lowers his lips to yours and his manhood meets the garden of forbidden pleasure............

Ok back to reality...she is still here and still bawling her eyes out.....sigh heavily and join in on the bash fest..."girl he is an ass if he doesn't realize what he gave up...now point me to the tequila and a church, I need to confess my sins!"
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It OK to Date your Best Friend's X?????