Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Night Run
Msg: 1
Would you date a man who wore makeup?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Well ladies would you? I know some guys who touchup with a bit of eyeliner, foundation, or some blush or rouge?................
 Night Run
Msg: 3
Would you date a man who wore makeup?
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:16:42 AM
superterrorizer your killing me!!! Rotflmao. With your picture and your answer no other guys need to answer this question. That was PRICELESS!!! I'm calling 911 now. But I don't I'm gonna make it. My gut is busting just writing to your response.

But seriously. What do you say ladies. You know the new Metrosexual Male.
 Night Run
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:22:53 AM
What I was meaning 7times was a little eyeliner out on the town highlights the eyes. A little foundation or rouge adds a little colour to the face. Same as women do. Adds to the looks.
 Night Run
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:02:40 AM
It's just that there are a few European style nightclubs here and the guys are doing it. A couple that I always pickup say it's the in thing. Look as hot as you can be. The guy wears eyeliner and two fake diamond studded women's earings. His girlfriend says it's hot guys should try look good too. Hot clothes, a little makeup and make sure they worked on that hair so that it is perfecto.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:19:16 AM
I wouldn't not date him if he wore some makeup (like foundation or something) but it wouldn't really attract me either, heck I don't even like pretty boys as much as I like guys who look , well like guys!
 sayonara7
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/11/2006 8:57:38 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.NO WAY IN HELL!

That's just sickening, so now I not only have to look good for myself but for the fact that people think I'm much prettier than the guy I'm dating who apparently wears makeup.Okay too much complications, I'm out.No thanks, I prefer a manly man not a girly man.
Don't worry terrorizer....a woman liking a manly man is still here <------.Besides I wear enough eyeliner for the both of us.lol.

OP...are you a drag queen in denial?
 Night Run
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/11/2006 4:55:14 PM
No I'm not wearing makeup. I did in the 80s. I was in a hairband. But this is the trend out of Europe. The Metrosexual Male who is in tune with his femininity and wants to put his best look forward. And I ain't no drag queen!!!! The kids are doing it and some of my friends put on a little eyeliner and a little rouge when they hit the clubs. But perhaps according to the responses here I should keep that old makeup in the drawer until Hallowe'en, a Poison concert, or the next showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Wait I'm going to pull out a bunch questions that I think of when Im sitting at 4 in the morning in my cab waiting hours for a fare. The hairbands are back and Poison is wearing the makeup and poofed their hair again. I have the new album in front of me, they weren't doing it in '93. I have the a tour video from that year. I think your going to see more and more guys doing it. It is the new trend and I was wondering what the women are thinking on here. Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley both wear makeup on and off the stage. And not just their stage makeup but I know Gene always has a little eyeliner on.
 Night Run
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/11/2006 5:20:57 PM
Metrosexual Male. Think James Bond that make himself as beautiful as possible. Or any male runway model. That what I was referring too.
 Night Run
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:49:14 PM
METROSEXUAL MALE.

A heterosexual male that:

-is ONLY attracted to women
-give great attention to his appearance
-uses plenty of skin/hair care products
-dresses in style and enjoys shopping
-is hip to all things sophisticated
-prefers wine to beer
-is extremely name-brand conscious
-enjoys hosting parties/events
-is a romantic with an appreciation for art

sayonara7
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:48:27 PM
METROSEXUAL MALE.

A heterosexual male that:

-is ONLY attracted to women
-give great attention to his appearance
-uses plenty of skin/hair care products
-dresses in style and enjoys shopping
-is hip to all things sophisticated
-prefers wine to beer
-is extremely name-brand conscious
-enjoys hosting parties/events
-is a romantic with an appreciation for art

That just sounds too feminine.Sorry.Men should act like men.Okay I'd rather have tarzan from the jungle.Why would any girl want another girlfriend, if she could have a manly man?Unless she is a lesbian or a bisexual herself.
 Adelaide77
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:31:39 PM
H*ll yes I would (and have)! Very sexy if done right. My date to prom in highschool was wearing more eyeliner than i was heh.

I probably wouldn't like him wearing anything to *girly* though, I'm not into sissy boys. Gothish guys are adorable though ;-) .
 sayonara7
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:22:14 PM
He is already a laughing stock in my eyes.I mean I wear enough eyeliner for two people, I definately wouldn't want the guy I'm with to do the same thing too.That is just illogical, why do some men do that.
 sparticuss
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/12/2006 1:17:07 AM
Excuse me terroriser

I do know one guy who wears make up.

He wears it since he was nearly beaten to death. His entire face was caved in badly. The doctors pretty much had to pull his face apart and put it back together again.

No fancy expensive cosmetic surgey for this dude either. His bank balance barely covered the cost of saving his life.

Now his face is such a mess that the girls just turn away at the sight of him.

He tries to tone things down a bit with make up but it doesn't help much.
 Night Run
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:25:45 AM
Funny about this. When referring to rock bands doing it because they were doing the makeup thing long before the 80s. Late 60s: Elton John Early 70s: New York Dolls, David Bowie, Uriah Heep, and Twister Sister who started in 1974 and the original look was all the guys were in drag, with the lead singer (Not Dee Snider) in a wonderful wool sweater that came down nicely off his shoulders. And the influence for all the hairbands of the 80s the old school punkband Hanoi Rocks late 70s. Maybe I should pull that makeup out of my drawer? I guess the guys in Poison and Motley Crue are having there midlife crisises too!!!! I didn't even think of the Goth culture. I was really thinking of the Metrosexual Male. Who I said looks like James Bond and may add a little eyeliner or brush or coverup or foundation to inhance his looks. Just like the women do. Last year I repeirced my ear and bought a nice three inch, three chain earing with 6 stars at a Girly store. Why? Cause that's the person I was when I was younger and that's my roots. You don't have to become a different person because you get older. I think the younger generation understands this. Be yourself and don't make changes based on someone elses opinion. I'm not going through my midlife crisis. I did that at 23. I'm living my life the way I wish I could have lived it over the past 15 years due to very difficult hardships. I'm truly enjoying life for the first time now and truly looking forward to some wonderful life experiences, along with my earing.
 sayonara7
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/12/2006 3:41:02 PM
qbnpete....I totally agree with you.I do not want feminine men.Oh and honestly I don't see any reason why anyone would.But it's their choice so I respect it.But would there be any difference between him and I then?I am attracted to the opposite sex, not interested in women or men who act like women.
 randomlancila
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:07:20 PM
I'd be a little scared of a man who wore makeup than me on a daily basis. But I think men in eyeliner are incredibly sexy, so if every once in a while he threw some on, that would be hot. Any more than that, though, I don't think I could handle.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/12/2006 9:01:45 PM
Half ~ I'm going to make my way to Vegas and you and I will go and see if we can round up some metro-sexuals for me and a couple of hotties for you. Goth, gay ~ OK, we'll check them all out!!
 dietpepsidrinker
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:46:52 PM
I seem to wear my girlfriends lipstick on my penis after every BJ and she continues to date me!
 johnny moped
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/13/2006 12:18:02 AM
Guys wearin make-up. I dunno..Seems to work for Dave Navarro, I mean Carmen Elektra married the guy!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2006 1:41:16 AM
Well, I'm sorry but if a guy is wearing foundation, blush, rouge, or red lipstick, I'd run the other way FAST!!!!

On the other hand, if he is into the goth thing and wears black eyeliner and/or black lipstick = very sexy!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:02:14 AM
I was just reading about this subject. There is an entire line of high-end cosmetics for men out now. It is NOT like the make-up most women wear. I have known several men that indulged in mascara and even eye-liner. I must investigate. I'm thinking that whole metro-sexual thing is a nice fit for me. Hmmmmm....

Half: I'll start planning!! Haven't been to Vegas in a couple of years. It's sounds like time for a roadtrip. OH the trouble I could find for you!! Woo hoo!!!

Rabid: Keep me posted on the fall trip ~
 kikilynn
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/13/2006 10:33:52 AM

You know the new Metrosexual Male.

Um, meterosexual does not imply "wears make up"!
Please! There's a huge difference between being seen in public with a guy wearing a pink shirt and a guy wearing eyeliner.
I'm a no on the make up wearing.
I'm a huge YES on the metero men.
 Super_Gurl
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/14/2006 5:49:32 AM
I find that extremely rude that of what some people said!

MATURITY level here??? Oh c'mon, if a guy wears make up, does NOT mean their gay, or mean that thei a crossdresser! Guys are aloud to be just as fancy as us girls! I mean if a guy's face was covered in makeup, thats an ouch! But if he sticks to some cover-up, blush, mascara, and some lipgloss, I don't care I'd still date him, why not? He is still a person, he's still a guy, I don't care, he's probably metrosexual (he straight but he likes to be fancy), who cares?

Seriosuly, some people on this site are retarded!!!
 Fry Lock
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2006 1:04:22 PM
no...but I would take him out in the woods & shoot him repeatedly with my paintball gun (I can use different colors, if you want colors) emo, goth, punk whatever you want to call it, if he's over 30 (which he'd have to be for me to date him) and he wears makeup, he needs his ass kicked cause you KNOW he's trying to scam on those little punky teenage girls; and Yes, I can call them punky, cause I have a couple....
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/2/2006 4:36:57 PM
If he is doing it solely because he thinks he looks better, (and not because he is an actor or clown, hahaha) then, my answer is NO !!!! NO !!! NO!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a man who wore makeup?