Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > stood up by an established date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fos41
Msg: 1
stood up by an established datePage 1 of 1    
any ideas on why a lady i have been dating for over a month stood me up w/any warning? things have been great in every aspect. we saw eachother 3-4 times a week for a month she apeared to be as into me as i her. any ideas? how can someone be so shallow and inconsiderate to do such thing? opinions and advice welcomed .thanks donnie
 Jackie1954
Msg: 2
stood up by an established date
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:11:37 AM
If you haven't talked to her since it happened... it may have been an emergency. I know everyone always says that it only takes a minute to make a phone call but, depending on what the emergency is... sometimes everything else goes out of your mind.
Fortunantly, that kind of emergency isn't the norm. If it were one of my kids that I received a phone call about, I doubt that I would think of anything else.
Talk to her and find out what happened before making any kind of decision!
 fos41
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:28:26 AM
thanks crush i was thinking the same thing but in disbelief.thinking her to be adult and honest as she claimed. i left out a few details of out time together as not to ramble on .we had made a date for wed.evening. she is selfemployed as i sometimes works later than others. in realestateand hasto be available after5. called wed ,at 6 and wasgoing to the gym and 5 mintesaway from here home. she stumbled to amke a firm time/plan said "call me after you finish" i did could not reach her.called mid day next day she calmly replyed i got tired of "wating and went out" for a week she has acted much diffenent. the conversation was strained and couldnt"flow" that was never the case before. ididnt meet her through cyber dating met her out and we "seemed "to hit it off donnie
 who_the_fox
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:13:15 AM
Um...Fos. The woman is finished with you.
 Holy Grail
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 7:39:20 AM
Sorry bro, looks like the lines of communication are beginning to strain. This is usually the first sign of worse things to come.
 tcky123
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/12/2006 10:57:12 AM
may be something happen to her ever think about that.
 fos41
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:15:38 AM
thank you all for honest and candid answers. i agree withyour views. a hard lesson learned........again! im still in disbelief this happened she appeared to be reliable andhonest.shewas 5 years older than i first time i dated an older lady. i thought wow! maturity sure comes with ageing. wow! boy was i ever mislead. this has laid the groundwork for me to never trust a woman ever. i want too but instinct is strongly warning against.
 fos41
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:20:48 AM
desperado, typos cool i make them all t he time. thanks for your reply but, there was no misunderstanding. i ( we) made plans on tuesday night for wendsday night. i call at 6 before goign to gym she was very hesitaint to make a firm time/plan says " call me afterwards. i did she wasnt asnwering. next dai i call she said casualy " i got tired of wating and went out"my timliness was within reasonable standards ,not disrespectfualy late. that was being stood up i cant callitanyotherthing other than. i thought about it and triedto findfault in myself insome way....... i was stood up!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > stood up by an established date