Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > philosophical question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rust in peace
Msg: 1
philosophical questionPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
if a tree falls in the forrest, lands on your boss and kills him/her, but nobody sees it happen.....are they really dead?
 sparticuss
Msg: 2
philosophical question
Posted: 9/8/2006 5:34:04 AM
Oh surely you can do better than that.

If you hack a star fish, or jellyfish, to piecies, is it cruelty given that such species have no brain to feel any pain.??????????????????????????

BiChicksRock
Msg: 3
philosophical question
Posted: 9/11/2006 2:08:49 PM
now explain that in lay terms please....
 Mistchf
Msg: 4
philosophical question
Posted: 9/11/2006 3:57:49 PM
I'd say more n likely Rust in...the bigger question is - did anyone see you walking out of the forest with that chain saw?
 Mistchf
Msg: 5
philosophical question
Posted: 9/11/2006 4:25:25 PM
Ahhh appel...from one fishy to another I love literature..though I have no idea what you are talking about so I'll leave it at that..haha
 BiChicksRock
Msg: 6
philosophical question
Posted: 9/12/2006 5:14:12 AM
i'd never cut down a tree with a chainsaw......that would not be eco unfriendly....the texas chainsaw massacre, well that's another kettle of fish see what trouble a wicked boss can bring about....shoot 'em all i say
 treemanbdj
Msg: 7
philosophical question
Posted: 9/12/2006 6:34:36 AM
First off 97-98% of the trees I remove are dead, diseased , dangerous, or encroaching .

In the USA P. C. (Politically Correct) has gotten so out of control I've been asking for years a play on the old philosophical tree question with a twist ..........

" If a bigger tree trips a smaller tree in the forest causing it to fall and use profanity such as

...."Son of a Beech"........or.........."What a dumb Ash"..........or ....."Kiss my Aspen".............

Do any of the other trees get offended by the profanity or lack of Political Correctness ..?? "

B
D
J
 norcalman4u
Msg: 8
philosophical question
Posted: 9/13/2006 10:52:47 PM
Of course orgasms are real! But empirically so, or transcendentally? Wear a Kantian hat should you wish, but I'm thinking more in terms of the Buddhist notion of a point in space, in time. Orgasms are very "now." I tend not to think so much about the orgasms I've had on any given day, or how great they may have been (although I DO remember that series of orgasms in one 24 hour period in '94, and they were pretty damned boffo! But that's the exception, and not the rule). So what does it take for an orgasm to go from the transcendental to the empirical? Can they?
 tisme_susan
Msg: 9
view profile
History
philosophical question
Posted: 9/13/2006 11:20:21 PM

for an orgasm to go from the transcendental to the empirical? Can they?

huh??
 BiChicksRock
Msg: 10
philosophical question
Posted: 9/14/2006 11:55:38 AM
i personally don't find the 9-11 incident to be that big a deal....in warfare it is always the innocent that suffer the most.....
 tisme_susan
Msg: 11
view profile
History
philosophical question
Posted: 9/14/2006 12:00:05 PM
I think you'd find it a big deal Rust In Peace, if it was one of your family members that died there. Or if the same thing happened here in Australia.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 12
philosophical question
Posted: 9/14/2006 12:15:33 PM
Rust In Piece...Are you for REAL????

People attacked this country for the sole purpose to KILL thousands.....

They didn't wish to take over the country, or rob for money, invade, etc etc etc....

Their sole mission was to KILL INNOCENT PERIOD.

To declare war is No Big Deal....

I'm almost at a lost of words from your statement, and that is very rare for me.

I was happy last summer when your PM told the exstremist to conform to Aussie life or leave..(in so many words)

Rust, you are not one of the David Hicks attornies, are you??

B
D
J
 norcalman4u
Msg: 13
philosophical question
Posted: 9/14/2006 8:30:46 PM
Can't happen, Cuddly. Your profile makes it very clear that you're not looking NOW...
 BiChicksRock
Msg: 14
philosophical question
Posted: 9/15/2006 10:49:27 AM
that's right if my family were in those towers it would be a travesty.....but they weren't
if they were in hiroshima ww2.....but they weren't
vietnam
iraq
israel
palestine
northern ireland
korea
ww1
rwanda
etc
etc
etc

it is no big deal cos using violence to solve problems is normal and an accepted practice in human histroy, and my guess shall be normal for us till we cease to exist....
 deepsea66
Msg: 15
view profile
History
philosophical question
Posted: 5/22/2008 6:55:53 AM
Yes.

Put in the application quick!!! And you know nothing... right???

With love, Deepy
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > philosophical question