Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Georgia  > WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 peter000
Msg: 12
WOMEN AND DISABLED MENPage 1 of 1    
Friend,
Im a disabled person, or should I say, A man with a disability, and it dont make a darn bit of difference whether your disabled or not, and if there's some who say it makes a difference they not US who aren't worth knowing to start with.
I think we need to stop feeling sorry for our selves and focus on being involve in our communities, and who know some hot young woman might even notice, and let nature take its course.
Same thing with race it dont make a difference there either, as long shes not a nag, or control freak good things can happen.
 Just 4 You
Msg: 14
view profile
History
WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:53:29 AM
I got diagnosed with Epilepsy at age 10 (1970), which resulted in my being sexually fixed in my teens. Being under legal age I had no say in the matter. All the Healthcare system needed was a signature from my parents to do whatever they felt was best.

I also got declaired Unemployable, Not allowed to get a Driver's License, and Not Allowed to get Married. I know the third one sounds stupid, but in 2008 I tried to get a Marriage License for my girlfriend and I (we both had epilepsy), and the Police got involved, sending me to the Sex Offender Program where I was forced to accept that it's wrong. We can be friends, but that's all.

Not Fair!!!

Just 4 You
 suds00
Msg: 17
WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 8/11/2011 1:27:18 PM
it is good to know that people with handicaps are human.i think that this kind of attitude seperates people.i applaud your relationships with those who are differently-abled.
 maples01
Msg: 20
view profile
History
WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:56:43 PM
I've been in a manual chair since 98, was married at the time, been single 4 years, haven't been on one date, I just changed my profile yet I'm up front in telling that I am in a wheelchair. It's no pity party, I'm not emotional over it, I make jokes a lot, I have a dark sense of humor, many get to laughing as I go into it. I'm starting to think people see us as either "awe bless your heart," or "oh man that's work," giving little chance to get to know you as a person, just the injury. People are floored when they hear I've done my own vehicle work, built an engine for a jacked up 4x4 truck and their only thought are "how do you get in that."
Life is easier when you have someone to share it with, we don't need a woman for nursing, we need kinship, sharing of emotions/feelings, something that just because we are disabled, we're not void of feeling.
 CPLforCPLorW
Msg: 21
WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 12/26/2011 6:27:01 PM
Hi tuffilmutt,

I'm in a wheelchair and married. We have a very active sex life. We just had to learn how to deal with our new challenges I'am very into orally pleasing my wife and she's very into recieving it. I know some can people will turn away from you because of your disability, but in our experience, we have many couples that will play with us. I had been with a woman that couldn't walk on her own. I enjoyed her very much! Email me if you'd like to talk more.
 WantsTantra
Msg: 22
WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 11/15/2012 12:14:31 PM
It's all bloody relative. I've found out there are some women I wouldn't date if I was healthy. I now use a wheelchair for long distances and when in crowds. I've even dated a few women who walked better than me but were unable to do the yab yum position for something simple like kissing. The only thing I can't do for myself is get up those pull down stairs to change the A/C filter or address a roof issue. (Maybe with more P.T.). I've even tried to befriend females on here with Parkinson's, cancer survivors, those who's mobility affected by brain tumors, I guess to get the yin/yang thing going, with no success. Forge on.
Show ALL Forums  > Georgia  > WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN