Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > would you get plastic surgery if it was free?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happygal_28
Msg: 4
view profile
History
would you get plastic surgery if it was free?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
never in a million years. But then again I have never coloured my hair and I was 35 before I got my ears pierced LOL. All natural here

Besides I hear it really HURTS!!!!! Better to work on how you feel fom the INSIDE (that is self esteem and healthier lifestyle) jmho
 Fry Lock
Msg: 16
view profile
History
would you get plastic surgery if it was free?
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:02:27 AM
yup; a reduction from the DD's to a large C would be swell.....
 moraima
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2006 7:55:58 AM
I have paid out big dollars in dental surgery. Free would have been so much better.

I would be too worried about complications to seriously consider any other type of surgery. Sure it would be nice to look have my skin look like it did many years ago, but too risky to your health in my opinion. Has anyone checked out what anesthetic does to the body, and how long it takes to detox?
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/22/2012 6:43:45 PM

would you get plastic surgery if it was free.

I do not have any plastic that needs surgery or plastic for that matter.

Just bio mass, with some titanium, stainless steel a bit of gortex and some dead guys ACL.
 Googleplus
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/23/2012 1:12:04 AM
Penis enlargement!

*sarcasm*
No way!
 greenIsis777
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/27/2012 1:59:29 PM
I will get it if it's free or not free. I don't care about the cost. It's one thing to say that you wouldn't, but when you get to age 45+ and especially 50+ and start feeling like you're losing your attractiveness when you still feel 25 on the inside... that's a completely different story. what a difference plastic surgery makes - when done properly it looks fantastic and completely natural (ie. blythe danner who I think is stunning). then look at women like sigourney weaver and jamie lee curtis. no offense but I think they look awful. personal preference I guess.
 larissan04
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/28/2012 9:01:39 PM
oh i'd do it. lol why not? if the doc is a pro, it could turn out great!
 windchymes
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 7:44:40 PM
If it was free and I was guaranteed good results then yeah, I think I'd do it. I'd perk the jawline up a bit, perk the boobs up quite a bit, get a few other places sucked and tucked. You betcha.
 Fleuron
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:07:59 PM
Google pics of Kenny Rogers, Melanie Griffith, or hell….just google plastic surgery gone wrong. No thanks!

I’d rather look old than fake and desperately pathetic….or like a friggin freak.
 Worbug
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:30:25 PM
He11 yaaa, I would get the total package, what the he11, even if they botched the job, I would still look better then I do know. Probably still wouldn't be able to get a reply from the ladies on POF. LOL
 windchymes
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2012 2:45:07 PM
I dunno, Joan Rivers looks pretty good :)

Seriously, though, I wouldn't dream of doing something like enormous fish lips or breast implants or trying to create something that wasn't there in the first place. Just tighten and tuck, shave a few years off, lol.
 aussieblues
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2012 4:08:50 PM
I'm happy with ageing. Bugger the facelift or botox. If there was a surgery available which could give me hands that could play musical instruments, i'd sure give that a go.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/4/2012 5:11:59 PM
I've had plastic surgery and no, it was not free. The surgeon was gifted, honestly the man was a genius and I interviewed many before I decided on him. I wouldn't do it again, though, for these reasons:

1) I did it because I wasn't ready to be placed in the dustbin career-wise. In my line of work, the best choices for assignments and upward mobility were given to the young or younger looking. I have changed my career a bit and age is actually an asset now.

2) I had this mistaken idea that I would not age gracefully. I will never know if that is true or not, but I suspect it was just a case of the grey hair popping out and a few lines starting that panicked me.

3) Men my age have no idea what to make of me and are uncomfortable. They assume that I am much younger and even correcting them on that thought doesn't help.

4) Younger men, on the other hand, are really interested in me except when I or a girlfriend point out how old I am. Then they pretty much slink off which is ok because I am not interested in someone my closer to my kids age.

5) The surgery itself was no fun. I had a face lift and a brow lift. Results were stunning, but, dayum--took a couple of months to heal enough that when I leaned forward my face didn't swell up and give me a headache.

6) In the case of the TV show---gads, why would anyone go under the knife publically?? "Free surgery" that way is NOT free.

7) I was lucky in that I only got a minor, superficial infection and my surgeon was right on it. I shudder to think what would have happend if I had a major complication and the surgeon was not available like mine had kept himself just in such a case.

8) Though it has been awhile since I had the surgery, plastic surgery lasts for the rest of your life in that if you take care of yourself, don't drink and don't smoke, maintain a good weight and diet you will always look younger than others your age. No real reason to repeat it.

9) Dr. Jeffrey Friedman has retired. What a loss and I wouldn't trust anyone else but him again if I did by some lapse of commonsense decide to go back for a "touch up".
 Rythmn
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2012 2:09:56 AM
if i were rich i'd get a chin tuck. but not on that show. surprised they haven't killed someone yet. you get what you pay for, but maybe not. poor priscilla presley. she paid for that botch. hopefully she can be helped. easiest is botox and filler. also safest.

ps more afraid of anesthesia reaction than the surgery!
 phoenix_55
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/8/2012 8:14:04 AM
After being hospitalized on and off for 2 years preceding a liver transplant and then being in the ICU for almost 6 months post-transplant, I will never, ever voluntarily go to a hospital for any reason ... including free plastic surgery. I'm perfectly happy with the looks God gave me ;)
 vestaceres
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/9/2012 10:37:23 PM
Unless there is a great medical need for it, I wouldn't elect to have anything done, free or not. I was not born to please anybody. If somebody doesn't like me in the package in which I arrived, then they are free to move forward.
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/9/2012 11:44:50 PM
no, who am i trying to impress? i am comfortable in my own shoes. hey, if i get wrinkles and blemishes, it is called aging and it is natural and part of life. ever read the book "a brave new world" in which people were altered and looked like they were in their twenties up until death? nope, that's not for me. I accept who I am.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2015 12:13:35 AM
I'm too chicken!
I had LASIK done on my eyes because my eyesight was so bad that I couldn't pour milk into a white bowl unless I had my thumb in the side to be certain of how full the bowl was. That's the only surgery I ever had. I did it to keep my job. 15+ years later, the novelty still hasn't worn off. I still remember having to always know where my stuff for my contact lenses were. My eyes were so bad, that even with high-index lenses, the world was distorted.
 Blonde_Angel_In_Tennessee
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/19/2015 8:12:55 AM
Right now, I'd have a hard time deciding if offered to me for free. I had emergency gall bladder surgery on 7-1 & abdominal surgery on 5-27 (5 weeks apart) so just the thought of an O/R & the smell of anesthesia makes me nauseous.

At my age a tummy tuck or breast lift wouldn't be crucial. Maybe I'd consider a modified neck/lower facelift, but if it aint broke why fix it? I'm 56, who do I have to impress?

I'd prefer to focus on healthy lifestyle habits & maintain any positive attributes from within.
 Maleman999
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/19/2015 8:47:15 AM
How many older women have had plastic surgery that made their bodies bikini/showing off at the beach worthy? Getting rid of wrinkles and drooping skin in specific areas make those areas look younger, but there is still the rest of the body that is wrinkled and with drooping skin. So if you plan on being covered up at all times where nobody will see you naked or almost naked, then it's easier to fool somebody. It might actually look weird to have a 20 year old looking face with a 50 or 60 year old looking body.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/19/2015 9:28:29 AM
Nope, never. Celebrities look way freaky after their surgeries. Poor Renee Zellweger doesn't even look like herself anymore, and she was a charming, pretty woman.
 Maleman999
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/19/2015 9:51:36 AM
I recall seeing some reality or talk shows where there would be people on who had multiple plastic surgeries, and the sole purpose of the surgeries was to make the person look like a celebrity they idolized. They had some facial features that resembled the celebrity, but none of the ones I saw was a spitting image of who they were trying to look like. One of them was trying to look like Michael Jackson. That would be a trick in itself, since Michael Jackson had multiple plastic surgeries to change the way he looked.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/19/2015 11:30:58 AM
yep. if i had the cash there's a few things I'd do. but if it were free I'd head in for a consultation next week.
A couple are related to cancer treatment as a teenager. And one is purely unnecessary but would be awesome...cosmetic.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2015 11:37:16 AM

I had LASIK done on my eyes because my eyesight was so bad that I couldn't pour milk into a white bowl unless I had my thumb in the side to be certain of how full the bowl was. That's the only surgery I ever had. I did it to keep my job. 15+ years later, the novelty still hasn't worn off. I still remember having to always know where my stuff for my contact lenses were. My eyes were so bad, that even with high-index lenses, the world was distorted.

I wouldn't consider that plastic Surgery but that was a good choice. I never got it because I was told I would need reading glasses after 40 and didn't want to be like my who can't read his menu.
 Walts
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/19/2015 1:35:13 PM
Just looked in the mirror and really, how do you improve on perfection????

So, my answer would be no.

Give the freebies for those that require.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > would you get plastic surgery if it was free?