Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > How are Men missing out, If they choose not to Date sigle moms      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Zelgadis
Msg: 1
How are Men missing out, If they choose not to Date sigle momsPage 1 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Give your reason why you think men are missing out if they choose not to date single woman with kids.
 kychik33
Msg: 2
How are Men missing out, If they choose not to Date sigle moms
Posted: 2/20/2005 6:37:00 PM
They're not missing out.
 FRlENDS
Msg: 3
 dennis_i_am
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/20/2005 10:54:16 PM
Though I have no experience I would differ with most of the posts here. In my opinion, single moms would be the best!!!!

When a women has kids, there is something about them about their innerself that is better, in that, have you seen the beauty in a women when she holds her kids when they get home from school, or when they get hurt. Have you seen the beauty when they give the kids a bubble bath, or help them out with a school project, or get them dressed for halloween.

There is nothing more attractive than seeing a women take care of her kids, because the better she takes care of the kids, then you know that she will take care of you just as good.

Cause face it, Guys are nothing more than adult kids at heart. :)
 kychik33
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/21/2005 4:59:00 AM
Dennis isn't crazy... he's got something you don't have... RESPECT. I think it's perfectly fine for a man to choose not to date single moms but good grief - show a little respect for them. Single moms (and single dads) are the hardest working people out there. Why does another man always have to be a part of the relationship? My son's father doesn't interfere in my personal business and I don't in his.... whoever you dated that gave you that experience must have had no control to begin with.... AND that is only confirmed by your very last statement that the man will "get kicked in the balls by the kid when they say your not my daddy you can't tell me what to do"........ absolutely no sign of respect ever being taught to the child.... or possibly it's no respect ever shown to the child (from the man, father or the mother).

Anyways - I respect a man's decision to not date single moms (and I am one) but I'm very thankful there are a few "Dennis's" out there who can see the hard work, determination and love that we single mom's have.
 kychik33
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/21/2005 4:59:49 AM
oh and bluesbabe... I LOVE YOUR POST! GREAT RESPONSE GIRL!
 rescue51
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/21/2005 11:27:43 PM
i have tried to date some single moms. i have a job, 3 bisunesses,and a very"stabil" life.
all i hear from girls is how they want these guys who have no job, stay high all the time,are basically bums,and will live on welfare the rest of thier lives.
this is the type of guy most girls i talk to seem to want.
i honestly think they dont care about who they date.
i have spent most of my adult life getting shot at by iraqis,and i come home to a country full of girls,and women,who tell me im"just not what they are looking for"
im not patrick swayzee,i know, but most of you gals have made me wish i hadnt made it back home.
im just not good looking,nor rich enuff,nor do i do dope.
im just such a looser, i should have died and saved you gals the bother.
 FRlENDS
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/21/2005 11:51:51 PM
2 words:
look elsewhere?
 Goddard
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/22/2005 5:47:24 PM

I don't think you would have to worry about it being the kids kicking you in the balls.

If you think that it's ok to kick a guy in the balls because he said something you don't like, I wonder what do you think a guy should do if he doesn't like what a woman says.
 rrrockstarrr
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/22/2005 6:16:20 PM
Men aren't missing out on anything at all. One man already left, even though he had a biological attachment to the children. What can a new guy possibly gain that the old guy never seemed to get? It's just a bunch of lost women if you ask me.
 Zelgadis
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/22/2005 8:40:37 PM
Well, I was with a single mom once all I got out of it was 2 kids and me paying 4500 a month in child support and her useing me for kids so her & her old b/f could have a family cause he couldn't have kids.

See I am stuck with a delima, If i choose to go back Home people say I will be just like every other man and leaving my kids how can I do thaat & live myself people say. When these people don't have to go thru what I do every month. And yes woman in the usa are so money hungrey it's not funny. Even the fat nasty ones think they deserve the best looking guy but they have nothing to offer him but 5 kids a a big belly.

So I guess my real question is Should I stay and keep putting up with this crap going to school here or go back Home where My goverment & family can force the Usa to give me the rights to my kids. True It my rip there world a aprt for a while but I don't think I can stand it much longer when i here my son say your not my dady my daddy at home. Plus if I go back home I get out of paying 4500 a month in child support.
 FRlENDS
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/22/2005 9:35:05 PM
you're a student and required to pay $4500.00 / month?

I am curious, what part time job can I get that pays $1,000,000 per year?

(unless its rupiah, or some other form of currency?)

Zelgadis
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/23/2005 2:14:04 AM
I Have a trust fund My family is loaded So that why I am required to pay so much, The courts based it off how much i get a month out of my trust to live on.
 metalpalace
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/23/2005 7:39:47 PM
I dated a single mom once. It was great, didnt matter if she had a child. I got along with her child very well and to this day we are all great friends.
 beachboy45
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/23/2005 9:13:31 PM
Dennis you couldnt have said it better You hit the nail right on the head I wouldnt date a girl unless she has at least one That is the one thing i was robbed of in life a FAMILY
 DragonRider
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2005 12:44:10 AM
I will duck in here... make a comment or two and the, I am bailing... we convered most of this in two other threads...

What are they missing? - Possibly a fine lady, and a wonderful life, same as they would if they refuse to date redheads, or gals over 6 foot or under five or ones with blue eyes or geminis.... THey are missing a chance...

As for the Balls comment - My Ex had two children, we were together 20 years, not ONCE in all that time did either of them say anything even close to that. THey STILL consider me Dad.

Child support - You know... I really like canada... but, that rule y'all have is odd... TO my knowledge, nothing similar exists in the states... except via adoption where they become legally yours... I could be wrong... and frankly, wouldn't worry about it anyway... I would say that even there you would have to be involved more than a few months... but I don't know...

As for the whole mommy issue... supposedly our instincts are suppose to guide us to pick mates that will a)produce healthy offspring and b)be good mothers and c) be compatible mates... I think in that order... What would trigger that instinct more than a mother that is obviously loving and capable? If she has been on her own more that a year or two, and has reasonable well adjusted kids... I would say that she is definately material based on the instinct criteria.... just a thought....

As I said before, I like single moms, kids are fun... I have never had an issue with them... oh well... just me

Now I will quietly duck out again...

~~Dragon Rider~~
"Life is---- Dreams made life..."
 prettygal
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/27/2005 7:37:07 PM
How can anyone in there right mind say anything negative about this post. If more men had the guts to say this and felt this way, more children in this world would have excellent role models. If a man dates a women with children and she is good with them, then you better believe she would be a good mother to any kids born to the new relationship.
 DragonRider
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2005 8:45:59 PM
Good job prettygal...

~~Dragon Rider~~

>>
 manovurdreams
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/28/2005 1:40:18 PM
in my opinion a man misses out every time he dosent give a woman a chance because of her past,her looks,or any thing that has nothing to do with the future..The past is history an has its place,the future is a mistery and who knows where its place may be???
 stars&stripes
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/3/2005 11:09:08 PM
Zelgadis,
Two things 1) you are a moron if you have a way out of paying 4500 to your exwhatever, and you don't. Men often get raped in this way.

2) There is a reasonable amount of money your kids do need to live on and as the biological father regardless of what a court says you do have responsibilities to them and to make sure they are taken care of.

I would get out of paying that amount but would set up a fund for my kids to be used soley by them (ie setting a college fund for them or a start in life fund ie when they turn 18 or 25 they get money that you have been putting aside for them in the trust fund the whole time. It does not take 4500 a month to raise the kids and we all know where the money ends up going. If you have a way to fight the injustice in this the you d*mn sure need to, but don't abandon your kids in the process.
 Mizzz_Toni
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/4/2005 1:58:41 AM

And yes woman in the usa are so money hungrey it's not funny. Even the fat nasty ones think they deserve the best looking guy but they have nothing to offer him but 5 kids a a big belly[/qoute]

That has got to be one of the most offensive statements I have ever read. Many women are not money hungry. I'm 23, a single parent, I work 40-50 hrs per week to support myself and my child. I don't see a penny from his father nor do I even hear from him. I do not look for a man simply to have a father for my child or for him to support me and my child. I'm quite capable of remaining self sufficient as I suspect many other women in the US are capable of as well. You sicken me.
 Anant
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2005 3:29:57 PM
Kychik

Do not think that way, There are single Dads like me for the Single moms. I sometimes find hard to get response from Single moms. They keep busy sometimes with the kids. Hence the general feeling would be " Oh she is single mom with kids - Would not get enough time to date and enjoy life "

I am in the favour of dating and having relationship with single moms. Well just to tell you that I like your profile too.

Andy
 FallenTigress
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/6/2005 2:01:30 AM
hello....i think that the men who don't want to deal with women with kids they want a family of thier own and thats why some men don't date women with kids
 coco809
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/10/2005 7:51:41 AM
I give you much credit for what you have done. I would love to have a man like you that think about what a woman wants and not about what is in your pocket.Great Job and Keep it up.I am glad you are home.
 FallenTigress
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/16/2005 12:13:25 AM
i believe that is whoever's choice to date a single mom or not.....
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > How are Men missing out, If they choose not to Date sigle moms