Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > UFC 60 - Gracie vs. Hughes Any fans? Any thoughts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GT99
Msg: 5
UFC 60 - Gracie vs. Hughes Any fans? Any thoughts?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
a sport I comptete in ;)

hughes will win, neither is a "good" striker, but standing up, matt wont have to worry about Royces striking (although he has been training at fairtex muay thai alot lately)

hughes will most likely take it down and GnP royce. Hughes is suseptible to subs though and royce has one of the best "defensive" gaurds in MMA, but the guys who have subbed hughes were very aggressive BJJ players. Charuto came close and I think deserved the win against hughes as matt didnt do anything in that fight but hold top possition and defend the constant string of subs charuto went for, in the UFC top possition is dominant, yet unless you are in mount then thats BS, as charuto got gaurd and was the aggressor.

hallman tapped hughes out, but that was long ago.

BJ penn did it as well, but he suprised matt with strikes first.

its a fight and ANYTHING can happen, Royce just might get lucky and I hope he does...I would love to see Royce win.

I just dont think it will happen.
 Holy Grail
Msg: 6
view profile
History
UFC 60 - Gracie vs. Hughes Any fans? Any thoughts?
Posted: 5/25/2006 5:01:37 PM
Gracie would've won easily if he was in his prime. He beat guys twice as big and strong as Hughes.

I hope Gracie pulls it off.
 Holy Grail
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2006 2:14:37 PM
Gracie did beat Ken Shamrock when they were both in their prime. And Shamrock knew Ju Jitsu. And shamrock was alot stronger/bigger than hughes.

Maybe i'm biased... But If Gracie loses, It's cause he's not in his prime.
 GT99
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/26/2006 3:52:08 PM
different fight game now.

gracie beat up bigger guys who didnt know BJJ...even shamrock.

shamrock knew submissions...not brazillian JJ. Big difference in the setups.

the thing is that Royce is not aggressive, he doesnt string together subs, he waits for his opponent to screw up and then slowly works for possition. In a fight with time limits...he is at a HUGE disadvantage.

hughes knows BJJ, he doesnt have to be as good as Royce as this is not a grappling match, all he needs to do is defend from subs.

I want Royce to win...but if I was to put money on it? Matt...all of it
 GT99
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/26/2006 6:12:45 PM
as much as I would enjoy that after hughes being a****to my teammate on TUF season 2...sadly he will beat royce.

when it comes to picking MMA fights I am almost 100%

GSP will beat matt in the rematch though.
 GT99
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/27/2006 6:18:24 AM
lol, I dont lose....not often when I bet both boxing and MMA.

I think matt was a****as well, I want royce to win...so if he does...I will enjoy losing that pick, I just would put $$ on matt...I dont like to lose money

its on tonight, cant wait.
 GT99
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/28/2006 10:49:45 AM
rob is doing well, his injury in TUF was "edited" to make it look like he was ****ing, it was not like that, plus he needed 2 reconstructive surgeries and a couple screws to fix it, it was a career ender at first, but it healed well and he is still fighting.

where do you train?

who is fighting who at TKO for you?
 GT99
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/28/2006 10:53:30 AM

heyyy who do you think you are............

whats that newer movie called with al pacino and matthew mcsomethingicantspell who picks who's gonna win all the sports games but then messes it up?

Anyway thats you. LOL. Your wrong......

lol, are you sure about that???

that was a sad fight to watch, I knew matt would beat royce but that just broke my heart seeing him have his way with royce.

I really "wanted" royce to win, I knew he wouldnt but even if he made a fight out of it.

the guy is a legend and I will always have respect for what he has done
 Holy Grail
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 9:00:31 AM
I was just watching UFC on Spike TV yesterday. Is Cherlovski (sp?) no longer the Heavy weight Champion? When did he lose to Silva? I saw a promotion for their 3 match and was surprised to find all this out.
 Holy Grail
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 10:59:47 AM
Nevermind, I just looked it up.

Anyways the Rematch is in July 8, 2006.
 GT99
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:50:25 PM
right on mike, esfiha was in london awhile back when the showdown guys had a club for awhile, I never went there but wish I did check it out, I miss the old showdown store in london, paul was a good shit too, have not seen him in forever. Same with danny.

I heard esfiha is a beast on the mat
 GT99
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:55:07 PM

Gracie is a legend and Matt is looking for some glory... Its a sad attempt to build hype over an easy fight... Matt is more of a ground and pound and Gracie is going to tap him out in the first round... It would be a better fight with Gracie and Tito in the old style of UFC...

you did know that the fight happened already on saturday right? lol, sorry if I mistook this post.

Tito would murder Royce...new old...doesnt matter, what matt did to gracie...tito would do, only he is bigger and stronger than matt.

I think what royce did was amazing for the sport, but I have no desire to see him ruin his legend status by sticking in here too long, the guy was amazing, he made everyone rethink fighting, yet todays MMA fighter is far too much for him. The sport evolved and the gracies didnt.
 GT99
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/2/2006 7:40:49 AM
thats cool mike. I was in the store alot there, still have a ton of showdown gear lol.

paul and danny were great guys, had alot of fun in montreal going out to party with them, Hell I got pics parting with bas rutten and team tompkins till all hours of the morning, UCC 12 I think where Bang KOed Pulver. Bas Rutten is a cool guy to party with, and he can party lol, It was the first time I met Amir as well, he was awesome. Same with the boxing coach Bang brought from colorado...trevor, He was great as well, got some pics of us..about 5am, eyes red and barely open.

I have a feeling of who you are now, I wont post your last name here, I am not sure if we ever crossed paths before, but its possible. You have been involved with MMA for an eternity, you did alot for the sport in Canada...thanks for that bro

the shooters shooter?
 GT99
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/2/2006 9:34:10 PM
lol you missed out man...bas can indeed party.

I wont get into the stories of what all went on but he can handle his stuff.

I remeber talking to him about silva...he has talked about a comeback for too long, silva would have been a great fight for him...good to finally see him ready to fight again.

lets just say the man is not a slouch after all these years, still in good shape, I was amazed at his hand speed still. Bas is one of the best guys to party with, it was funny, after the pulver fight bang won....yet was still at the club drinking OJ, Bas on the other hand...well everyone but duane, even after his fight he wouldnt have a drink...it was like dude...you just KO'ed pulver and at the time it was a huge deal
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > UFC 60 - Gracie vs. Hughes Any fans? Any thoughts?