Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > 40 year old virgin question?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 romegaguy36
Msg: 1
40 year old virgin question?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I seen the movie last night and can tell ya it was pathetic. It had a few funny moments but poking jokes about a 40 year old virgin wasn't all that interesting. But here's a question for women. What if u did meet a guy that was around 40 and still a virgin how would u react?
 ImitationofLife
Msg: 2
view profile
History
40 year old virgin question?
Posted: 5/28/2006 8:30:59 PM
I hope you get lucky soon man. 35 years is a long time...
 ImitationofLife
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 10:18:26 PM
^^^What are you talking about?
 TaintedXSouls
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/29/2006 8:01:32 PM
If I met a 40 yr old virgin..i'd tell him to contact ripley's because thats unbelievable..

But on a serious note, I really wouldnt know how to react..All the guys i've met hasnt been a virgin since they were 17..so meeting a 40 yr old virgin would be....wow...unbelievable..hence my first comment......lol...
 XDB
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/29/2006 11:32:56 PM
I'm a 23 yr old virgin. I have no interest in trying to get into someone's pants for bragging rights or so someone doesn't label me as a loser. Not to say I didn't have a couple opportunities, but I just didn't have any sexual interest in someone I didn't love and was just whoring herself out to me. I guess that makes me an abnormal man, but oh well.
 TedJMill
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:16:51 AM
I'm a 47-year-old male virgin; I've just never been interested in getting sexually involved with anyone. I've dated, found women I liked talking to and spending time with, but for me that never translated into wanting to get physical. And it's not a gay thing; I'm not interested in men either.

I do fantasize, but I wouldn't want anything I fantasize to become real; it's only appealing to me as fantasy. It's like the stuff on television, shows about doctors, lawyers, police, etc. I like those shows, I find them interesting, I enjoy them as TV shows, but I wouldn't want to actually be a doctor or lawyer or policeman or whatever.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:09:42 PM
If I met a guy who was a 40 year old virgin

I would run...

Of course there are maybe only a few around thre USA
and Canada... and they are
most likely still virgins for a reason...
the reason being they are not appealing to women on any level.

I don't think anything good can come of that...
of course there is always an exception...
the handsome, well adjusted virgin...
maybe left the priesthood...
like in that movie THORN BIRDS :)
but that would be like finding a
asteroid in your backyard that scientists are willing to pay you 10 million dollars for.

emmm, back to reality...
I think it would be a bad thing... at least for me.
I dont think I would be a match for anyone like that on any level.
I thank God for that too...
because it seems to be more than I would want to take on... all the years of rejection and all
that he must have had

ewwww.
 XDB
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:31:59 PM
rose:
I'm just going to take a guess from your post that you were being too forceful about the issue. But, of course, I don't know the whole story.

Myself, I would have absolutely no problem having sex if I was deeply in love with the person and it happened naturally. Emphasis on naturally.

Never having had sex, it is a little scary. I'm sure everyone was nervous their first time. As I said in my previous post, I've had the opportunity to have sex. At the risk of reticule, I'll admit I couldn't even "get it up" I was so nervous. Of course, I kicked myself afterwards until I thought about it a bit and realized that I can't be expected to perform in such conditions, especially for someone I wasn't even in a relationship with. What's my point? Well, the point is that people expect that virgins would be excited at the prospect of a piece of ass and dive right in when that isn't the case.

Naturally, the most overused excuse is "I'm saving it for my true love" or whatever, so there's only two possible outcomes: Either you're not special enough to take his virginity, or you're just flat-out scaring the bejeezus out of the poor dude.

Don't rape the virgins, people.
 WhenIFallinLuv
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:46:37 PM
I think the premise worked because he Steve came across as naive. I loved the "do you know why I know you're gay" and the chest waxing. Hysterical!
 Iron Wolf
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:47:09 PM
God! So far, most of you are heartless when it comes to this subject! You'd run from a 40 year old virgin!?! That's equivelent to saying he/she's defective! There may be extenuating circumstanses that you don't know about! What in the Hell is wrong with you people!?!
 Solkin
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:00:02 PM
I'm only 27 and I wouldn't date a 27 year old virgin.

Phew!!!

Good thing I lost mine at 26, eh?

But on a serious note, who really cares anyways? I suppose there could be some strange issues for a girl to find an older male virgin, but it dosen't nessasarily mean that he's got problems. But, what do I know, mine's gone, so I dont think anyone really has the right to comment if they've never been there. Just my 2 cents.

Although there are some pretty heavy psycological issues that arise from such a thing, I know, I was having a bad enough time being one for so long. Finally losing it, just last summer to my last girlfriend, definitly lifts the weight of the universe from my shoulders!

It's funny how it takes something like that to finally make you realize that you are actually worth something, and then all of a sudden you come out of that depressed/poor me state, and you have confidence in yourself that you never knew existed before.

Society puts way too much pressure on this issue in my humble opinion.

marionguy4fun
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:00:50 PM
I would suspect that appearance would have to figure into the equation. How many 40 year old virgin men are there that look like Brad Pitt?

That said, I know that if I was a 40 year old virgin I would certainly want to meet someone like rose1961! :) A few years back I met a self-described sex addict and for part of our aggreement to meet, I agreed to go without sex, maturbating or sexual release for over a month. Without going into details (which would likely be inappropriate in this forum), it was an incredible experience to say the least!!
 XDB
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:05:32 PM

Society puts way too much pressure on this issue in my humble opinion.

Indeed. And what's so bad about it is I just can't keep up with these crazy trends. One year, it's cool to be a virgin...next year, it's vilified. It would almost be enough to make me stop admitting that I'm a virgin, if not for the fact I don't give a crap what people think about it.
 Crossroad
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:16:01 PM
I am not a virgin, but i personally feel that sex blinds sight to love. That is why i would only do it when i feel it is right.
 OFOPOS
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:43:33 PM
I have a couple of good ones for you. One of my brothers friends was 35 and never did the deed. So I fixed him up with my secretary, who shall we say was "open minded". Anyway she did him and the damn fool fell for her, Now the real irony---- this guy wins a half million dollars and didn't even get a dinner from the **stard.
Now you might not believe this but I'm 99% sure. I know 2 guys that have or where ever laid. My uncle who just died at 87, and a guy who is 72. My uncle never drank, swore, smoked, or ran with women. Just the opposite of his brother. My father said that a buxom woman, my uncle worked with, use to rub her titties against, my Uncle, all the time and he never paid attention to her. Both of these guys aren't gay they are just A-sexual, no interest at all in the opposite sex.
Go figure.
 Iron Wolf
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:58:52 PM
Digsy, you're right, man...I think they've lost their freakin' minds!
 purplestardust101
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:59:40 PM
I would react the same way as I do to the other's that say they haven't been kissed for a couple of yrs.... That he just didn't find the right "One" yet...so what's wrong with that? Because he wouldn't compromise himself just to do it with anyone?...No, I wouldn't be all that surprised...different people do different things...at least he stuck up for what he believes in...good for him...
~Micheline~
 Iron Wolf
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:06:36 PM
Thank you 101, you display a beautiful attitude about it - one of the few, I must say.
 piano4te
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/30/2006 10:41:10 PM
Hmmmm.....let me see....

staggering increasing rates of every known STD out there, despite everybody's claim that they are using 'protection' everytime they've been having sex like it's now a 'handshake'????

hmmmmm...let me see.....people constantly lying about how many partners they've actually had to somehow sound VIRTUOSE, knowing and participating in every deviate fetish out there, even though they call anybody who calls them on it 'judgemental'.......

I'll say this about a forty year old virgin....they at least respected themself in ways that most did not.....they don't pretend to KNOW everything about sex, and would rather you possibly TEACH them......and they might actually believe that sex should be an expression of LOVE instead of instant gratification?

Where do I sign up for one???
 lonecoll
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 4:26:36 AM
Well Ted has me beat by one year. Much the same story as his I guess. Dated off and on but could not develop desire for the women who did for me. The women I desired I became psycho over so not much chance of hooking up that way.

Off and on I passed on the opportunity because of my religious beliefs. That is probaly more true now then ever before. Not that I think sex is evil in anyway, but only appropriate in marriage. This will likely make me an 80 year old virgin if I live that long
 hapeenurse
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/31/2006 4:58:28 AM
well intimacy and sex are important to me but I wouldn't disocunt someone just because they haven't had sex yet. Doesn't mean they haven't had intimacy. Maybe their reasons for not having sex are personal and valid - who am I to judge?

that being said , I don't know that I could be in a serious relationship without the physical contact and yes, the sex. Maybe I could , I haven't been in a situation like that before but I found the relationships where I had a close physical and emotional connection with someone to be the most fufilling kind.
 purplestardust101
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 6:34:48 AM
Thank You Iron wolf...you and piano4te...metro-man...subboy...and lonecoll...display that same wonderful attitude also...it's really Great to see guys stand up for that, which they believe in like you guys do...Good for you!!!
~Micheline~
 womanatthewell
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/31/2006 6:57:05 AM
I think it is awesome to wait till marriage and if he is a christian and doing it in obedience to God how awesome and Glorfying that would be to God.

I think it would be awesome but realistically you will not find it very often if at all because we are all sinners and selfish when it comes to putiing our wants, desires and needs above obedience to God.

Thank You
Becky O
 womanatthewell
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/31/2006 7:10:12 AM
Awesome reply: piano4te

staggering increasing rates of every known STD out there, despite everybody's claim that they are using 'protection' everytime they've been having sex like it's now a 'handshake'????

hmmmmm...let me see.....people constantly lying about how many partners they've actually had to somehow sound VIRTUOSE, knowing and participating in every deviate fetish out there, even though they call anybody who calls them on it 'judgemental'.......

I'll say this about a forty year old virgin....they at least respected themself in ways that most did not.....they don't pretend to KNOW everything about sex, and would rather you possibly TEACH them......and they might actually believe that sex should be an expression of LOVE instead of instant gratification?

Where do I sign up for one???

Becky writes:

I am one of those people who look back and realize that in my search for love I compromised so many of the vales and beliefs I had. Although I never took money for sex I was just as bad as a prositute who did because I sold my body for the dream of finding love and never did.

I cannot go back and change the past but I have abstaines for two years now and counting and will remain here know that if God has someone for me that he will provide him and if not at least I learned from my past and did not keeping run in the same insane circle.

Your post was awesome and I appreciate it. My past is checkered but my future is not and I can honestly say things look better from this side then the other. Desperation makes us do crazy things. I am happy I refuse to fall into that desperation again.

Thank You
Becky Ogg
 no_1_bby
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 7:33:26 AM
Would I run?? I might be a little intimidated, definitely curious as to why they would wait so long.... altho I totally understand and respect them for doing so. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs, so as I respect them for theirs I hope they would respect me for mine.

I was too young when I lost mine. My ex was 23, nearly 24 when we met and virgin pure. Not sure why he chose me, but I hope that his first experience was a good one. I've been with 3 or 4 male virgins and their trust in me is amazing. I'm not saying that from an egotistical POV, just a statement of fact. One of them talks about it to this day and thanks me for being the one to help him lose his virginity. I've been nearly 2 yrs now without having sex with someone, and reading this post just kind of reinforced my belief that I don't need to just rush out and lay down with the first (or several) man that looks at me... if he respects me enough to not push and really wants to be with me, he'll stick around for more then a single date and work for the good stuff. It is all about respect... for yourself and for others.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > 40 year old virgin question?