Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > 40 year old virgin question?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 romegaguy36
Msg: 1
40 year old virgin question?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I seen the movie last night and can tell ya it was pathetic. It had a few funny moments but poking jokes about a 40 year old virgin wasn't all that interesting. But here's a question for women. What if u did meet a guy that was around 40 and still a virgin how would u react?
 buttonsone1
Msg: 2
view profile
History
40 year old virgin question?
Posted: 5/28/2006 8:17:30 PM
run the other way.
 ImitationofLife
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 8:30:59 PM
I hope you get lucky soon man. 35 years is a long time...
 Dominika78
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/28/2006 9:28:05 PM
I'm only 27 and I wouldn't date a 27 year old virgin.
 wwdragon
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/28/2006 9:42:27 PM
Too pure, self disciplined and dedicated for your taste?

... And why is there no Browse button under my Images tab???!!!
 ImitationofLife
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2006 10:18:26 PM
^^^What are you talking about?
 wwdragon
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/29/2006 5:40:24 PM
I can't upload any pictures..... I'm getting
 TaintedXSouls
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/29/2006 8:01:32 PM
If I met a 40 yr old virgin..i'd tell him to contact ripley's because thats unbelievable..

But on a serious note, I really wouldnt know how to react..All the guys i've met hasnt been a virgin since they were 17..so meeting a 40 yr old virgin would be....wow...unbelievable..hence my first comment......lol...
 bradlye
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/29/2006 10:40:05 PM
if it was a 40 yr. old virgin women i would take it from her
 XDB
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/29/2006 11:32:56 PM
I'm a 23 yr old virgin. I have no interest in trying to get into someone's pants for bragging rights or so someone doesn't label me as a loser. Not to say I didn't have a couple opportunities, but I just didn't have any sexual interest in someone I didn't love and was just whoring herself out to me. I guess that makes me an abnormal man, but oh well.
 TedJMill
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:16:51 AM
I'm a 47-year-old male virgin; I've just never been interested in getting sexually involved with anyone. I've dated, found women I liked talking to and spending time with, but for me that never translated into wanting to get physical. And it's not a gay thing; I'm not interested in men either.

I do fantasize, but I wouldn't want anything I fantasize to become real; it's only appealing to me as fantasy. It's like the stuff on television, shows about doctors, lawyers, police, etc. I like those shows, I find them interesting, I enjoy them as TV shows, but I wouldn't want to actually be a doctor or lawyer or policeman or whatever.
 Rose1961
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/30/2006 3:52:14 PM
Recently I did meet a 35 year old virgin. At first I didn't believe him, but after many conversations and his reactions to them I knew he was telling the truth. It was very ironic...him being a virgin and me being a sex addict. He felt he could meet me and give me a kiss. I told him it would definately go farther than that, as I would not stop there. He said he could stop at a kiss and that's as far as he was going. We had quite heated discusions over the matter some times. Finally I said that I didn't even have to take his clothes off to make him cum in his pants....he of course couldn't understand how. Over a number of weeks he became quite irritating to me. Come on now...I'd take it from him in a second!!! We parted ways, as I couldn't take his judgemental statments anymore. Like I'm stopping at a kiss. He's a 35 year old virgin and I've been having sex for 30 years....ya I'm going to stop....give me a break. Keep your virginity buddy...you waited this long...you might as well keep waiting and stay away from me so you can keep it. I really didn't want to take it from him even though it was so so tempting to do. It was different that's for sure.
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:09:42 PM
If I met a guy who was a 40 year old virgin

I would run...

Of course there are maybe only a few around thre USA
and Canada... and they are
most likely still virgins for a reason...
the reason being they are not appealing to women on any level.

I don't think anything good can come of that...
of course there is always an exception...
the handsome, well adjusted virgin...
maybe left the priesthood...
like in that movie THORN BIRDS :)
but that would be like finding a
asteroid in your backyard that scientists are willing to pay you 10 million dollars for.

emmm, back to reality...
I think it would be a bad thing... at least for me.
I dont think I would be a match for anyone like that on any level.
I thank God for that too...
because it seems to be more than I would want to take on... all the years of rejection and all
that he must have had

ewwww.
 Scotchlassie
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:17:37 PM
A 40 year old virgin?
Hullo!!?
I'd be running just as fast as my legs could carry me
 XDB
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:31:59 PM
rose:
I'm just going to take a guess from your post that you were being too forceful about the issue. But, of course, I don't know the whole story.

Myself, I would have absolutely no problem having sex if I was deeply in love with the person and it happened naturally. Emphasis on naturally.

Never having had sex, it is a little scary. I'm sure everyone was nervous their first time. As I said in my previous post, I've had the opportunity to have sex. At the risk of reticule, I'll admit I couldn't even "get it up" I was so nervous. Of course, I kicked myself afterwards until I thought about it a bit and realized that I can't be expected to perform in such conditions, especially for someone I wasn't even in a relationship with. What's my point? Well, the point is that people expect that virgins would be excited at the prospect of a piece of ass and dive right in when that isn't the case.

Naturally, the most overused excuse is "I'm saving it for my true love" or whatever, so there's only two possible outcomes: Either you're not special enough to take his virginity, or you're just flat-out scaring the bejeezus out of the poor dude.

Don't rape the virgins, people.
 Zain.
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:38:12 PM
i didnt think 40 year old virgin was that bad, actually I thought it was kind of sweet he's out on a mission to do the deed and ends up falling in love, that's a great story and if you noticed his friends (despite being non virgins) werent anymore normal or well adjusted then he was they had their own issues.
 Rose1961
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:45:50 PM
No I wasn't being forceful about the issue. I was just trying to get the guy to understand that he can't come and kiss me and walk away. I always refused to meet him. He's not even a challenge for me or anywhere close to being in my sexual league. I truely did want him to keep his virginity. He has waited so long why put yourself at risk of loosing it. I just couldn't get him to understand why he couldn't meet me and play kissy face. Finally told him I wasn't going to talk to him anymore or ever meet him in person. Go find yourself a nice sweet girl, fall in love and marry her. Just because I'm a sex addict, doesn't mean that I don't have morals or not have any respect for his stand on sex. That's why I got him away from me.
 WhenIFallinLuv
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:46:37 PM
I think the premise worked because he Steve came across as naive. I loved the "do you know why I know you're gay" and the chest waxing. Hysterical!
 Iron Wolf
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/30/2006 4:47:09 PM
God! So far, most of you are heartless when it comes to this subject! You'd run from a 40 year old virgin!?! That's equivelent to saying he/she's defective! There may be extenuating circumstanses that you don't know about! What in the Hell is wrong with you people!?!
 Solkin
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:00:02 PM
I'm only 27 and I wouldn't date a 27 year old virgin.

Phew!!!

Good thing I lost mine at 26, eh?

But on a serious note, who really cares anyways? I suppose there could be some strange issues for a girl to find an older male virgin, but it dosen't nessasarily mean that he's got problems. But, what do I know, mine's gone, so I dont think anyone really has the right to comment if they've never been there. Just my 2 cents.

Although there are some pretty heavy psycological issues that arise from such a thing, I know, I was having a bad enough time being one for so long. Finally losing it, just last summer to my last girlfriend, definitly lifts the weight of the universe from my shoulders!

It's funny how it takes something like that to finally make you realize that you are actually worth something, and then all of a sudden you come out of that depressed/poor me state, and you have confidence in yourself that you never knew existed before.

Society puts way too much pressure on this issue in my humble opinion.

marionguy4fun
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:00:50 PM
I would suspect that appearance would have to figure into the equation. How many 40 year old virgin men are there that look like Brad Pitt?

That said, I know that if I was a 40 year old virgin I would certainly want to meet someone like rose1961! :) A few years back I met a self-described sex addict and for part of our aggreement to meet, I agreed to go without sex, maturbating or sexual release for over a month. Without going into details (which would likely be inappropriate in this forum), it was an incredible experience to say the least!!
 XDB
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:05:32 PM

Society puts way too much pressure on this issue in my humble opinion.

Indeed. And what's so bad about it is I just can't keep up with these crazy trends. One year, it's cool to be a virgin...next year, it's vilified. It would almost be enough to make me stop admitting that I'm a virgin, if not for the fact I don't give a crap what people think about it.
 Crossroad
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:16:01 PM
I am not a virgin, but i personally feel that sex blinds sight to love. That is why i would only do it when i feel it is right.
 digsy
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:16:15 PM
Come on, i saw the movie, IT IS A MOVIE!!! It was hilarious!! What is up with the POF people obsessed with virginity???
 OFOPOS
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/30/2006 5:43:33 PM
I have a couple of good ones for you. One of my brothers friends was 35 and never did the deed. So I fixed him up with my secretary, who shall we say was "open minded". Anyway she did him and the damn fool fell for her, Now the real irony---- this guy wins a half million dollars and didn't even get a dinner from the **stard.
Now you might not believe this but I'm 99% sure. I know 2 guys that have or where ever laid. My uncle who just died at 87, and a guy who is 72. My uncle never drank, swore, smoked, or ran with women. Just the opposite of his brother. My father said that a buxom woman, my uncle worked with, use to rub her titties against, my Uncle, all the time and he never paid attention to her. Both of these guys aren't gay they are just A-sexual, no interest at all in the opposite sex.
Go figure.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > 40 year old virgin question?