Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do I cope being the last.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoowart
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How do I cope being the last.....Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
well they do say patience is a virtue but then again....you should worry about this at 23 yrs old??? bizarre!
 stoowart
Msg: 15
view profile
History
How do I cope being the last.....
Posted: 5/30/2006 3:09:27 PM
oh aye, i was a strapping 7'6 10 yr old when i started...
 stoowart
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 3:54:50 PM
well i would erm "tidy up" a bit but unfortunately the paper round became the only trade i knew and i have to keep up appearances for me day job, mind you me lil scraggy dog slipped out of his bit of parcel string the other day and got flattened in an ugly chav girl pile up. It was carnage! cheap jewellery, trainers and disposable nappies all over the shop, the last i saw of "jd" was a scrap of fur hanging off a pink vauxhall nova with 15 baseball caps in the back seat 'sniff' he was a good boy.....

big issue any1? :)

it was about being the last sandwich in greggs....honest
 stoowart
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 7:05:42 AM
ok, firstly i feel you're making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill here, but if you are serious about this then the thing is, you wake up every morning like it or not and have to get on with it, if you're not happy with the friends you have then make new ones or extra ones who are also single. Secondly, if you don't get happy with yourself and you're own company then you are a bit short of something to offer if some1 does come along and i'm thinking maybe you should address this first...i noticed you said "it's no fun on your own" or words to that effect but if you have no personal joys/pleasure which are purely your own then honestly you really should get some :) In my experience if you are happy in yourself and the things you do then everything else seems to fall into place.

p.s. Hoping this post contains clarity for one and all
 stoowart
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 9:04:35 AM
hmmmm.......15 minutes of fame any1?
 stoowart
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 11:17:56 AM
aaah bob: I like it gloomy it helps me cope with my feelings of loss and hopelessness...

That and a listen to a nice bit of nick drake :)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do I cope being the last.....