Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you go to a restaurant and eat alone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Would you go to a restaurant and eat alone?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Or would it just seem strange to you?
 escaping
Msg: 2
Would you go to a restaurant and eat alone?
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:11:20 PM
No way! I am totally secure with my being to eat out alone. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It only expresses that you are confortable with you! More power to you honey!
 Wild Heart
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:13:03 PM
Been many times! Lunch or dinner. Been to movies on my own too. Had to see the movie and nobody was around that had not seen it yet.

I even go to bars by myself!
 dpusae
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:13:16 PM
I do it at least 2-3x per week. I travel at least two days a week, rack up lots of Hilton Honors points, but can't always catch clients on a good day to take them to lunch. Only thing to do is grab a nice lunch/dinner by myself. They give me $15 for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $30 for dinner on my expense account. No way am I going to eat at McDonalds drive-thru all the time to avoid eating alone.

I'll admit it was kind of weird the first couple of times. I got used to it, and now have 'regular' places that I stop for meals, and the hosts and waiters know me pretty well - at Las Piramides in Huber Heights, OH, they have my order memorized, and know my favorite booth.
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:17:25 PM
Thank you everyone. I just thought I would be embarrassed sitting by myself. Like people would be pointing and going ha ha, she's alone. Crazy I know.

I will go to a bar by myself, but I usually end up running into people I know. I'll give it a try. I'll take a book or something with me.
 GoodKittyGoneBad
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:19:28 PM
You betcha...I like doing that...also to the movies, it's kinda empowering in a weird way...sometimes I go alone even when I have a willing person who would enjoy going...sometimes I'm just in the mood to be a slob and feeling antisocial, it's nice to have that option. I remember in the past when I was in live-in relationships and felt so suffocated and couldn't do much of anything without the other person, how I used to long for some time on my own...so now I'm grateful for it!
 Hambone352
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:21:38 PM
I do it alot at those Hooters restaruants.
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:22:42 PM
I never looked at it that way jaya, thanks.

In response to the question, I wouldn't take anyone to a place I haven't scouted out myself. It's kind of a date ender to listen to the other person gripe about how bad it was.

Although that would give you conversation...

I know most guys would go to Hooters alone. LOL
 akalittleman13
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:24:32 PM
I've done it a few times, once I wasn't suppose to be alone but I was stood up on a date, it does feel a little funny when people are watching you beings that you're alone where most people go in groups.
 Goatboy37
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:55:22 PM
If I could eat myself I wouldn't be on this site! Oh, you mean eating alone at a restaurant, woops sorry!
 ksue44
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:56:15 PM
Yes - I've even gone to a restaurant alone on Christmas Day. Flying solo since my divorce in 1987, I have learned to go out and do, then sit on the sidelines. I usually people watch or take a good book with me.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 6:58:53 PM
i don't have a problem eating or doing anything alone that i'd do with someone.

the one thing i can think of that's not much fun is actually travelling abroad alone. and yup, i've done that AND because of a plane's delay, missed a connecting flight in a foreign northern town in spain from london, stranded at the airport overnight, as there was hardly anyone up that late... so i found myself sleeping (not well, mind you; with one eye open) sprawled as ladylike as possible over my luggage. i was so glad when morning finally came and i boarded the next plane to catch a train, to finally make it home to southern spain to our blustery, drafty and cold beach house. i couldn't believe how cold it was when i opened the front door, had been just wanting to get home, take a hot bath, eat and get some sleep.

to be cold, shivering, in the rain, getting home to find our "housesitter" had not only had a very messy party in our absence, and left the place a shambles...but gotten so sick in our only bathroom he opened every window in the house i guess to air it out; and was, well, gone. but the mess remained; and it was sickening to say the least. i was freezing, beat tired, and achey from the stress of two days messed up travel, bad weather, and little rest but had to clean up spewed yuckage before i could even bathe. yuck!

eat alone? no problem!
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 7:07:55 PM
^^^^After reading that I don't want to eat anywhere with anyone!!!^^^^

But OT yes I go to restaraunts alone. I'm going away for a couple days next week by myself....I'll have to eat while I'm gone!!!

JJ

General_K
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/30/2006 7:53:47 PM
Yes, I would and do dine out alone. I always go to movies alone as well. I do feel kind of strange sitting there by myself. It would be nice to go out with someone special, however.
 Tarabpsych
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:02:39 PM
I have no problem eating alone...its usually a good time to enjoy some reading!

as for the movies....I have not tried that!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:24:21 PM
I will go alone to fast food joints, not a real restaurant. I have no urge to sit by the kitchen door at the worst table in the place and without enough light to read.
 Flavia19
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:32:22 PM
Why not?Some times being alone is fun.
 angelab
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/30/2006 8:42:59 PM
I do it all the time. Me, a good meal and a good book = a great evening.
 i love canada
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/30/2006 9:53:10 PM
i do. you live your life how you want and others can't always be invloved...

what if you're travelling and you're really hungry?
you don't go out then?

i've done it many times and it doesn't bother me at all. i'm totally comfortable in my own company and feel no need for other peoples' company just so it won't feel strange because it's not strange.

i also don't care too much about what others think...

go out and enjoy your self and a good meal i say...

to depend on other people with little joys /big joys..is just not the most practical thing because they are not always there...anyway..your life..live it..with or with out people all the time...
 Reenie999
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/30/2006 10:03:00 PM
I eat out alone a lot and have never felt strange about it.....that is if you're talking about eating out because of hunger.

If you mean getting all dressed up and going to a fancy restaurant alone..... I've never done that. I expect dates to pay for expensive meals like that. LOL.
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 4:55:21 AM
Boy, the movies are going to be busy this weekend!!!

You have to comfortable with yourself before you can be comfortable with someone else, right?

JJ

hendrix8989
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/31/2006 5:48:04 AM
all the time...it was hard first but the way I see it as they do not pay my bills so hell with them!!
 kap10cavy1963
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/31/2006 6:02:48 AM
Oh course I eat alone, hard to hit on the Waffle House waitress when you're with someone.
 TedJMill
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2006 9:52:06 AM
I go out to restaurants by myself all the time, and it's not at all strange; it's going to a restaurant with someone that's unusual for me. I'm a private, introverted sort or person, like being by myself; I go to movies alone, like to go on vacation alone, etc. For Memorial Day weekend I was at a science fiction convention in Columbus, Ohio, and did some sightseeing, ate in several restaurants, saw the latest X-Men movie, all alone. It's more relaxing for me not to have to interact with anyone.
 DacaInaru
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/31/2006 9:55:16 AM
It doesn't bother me at all.. sometimes I do go out and eat by myself I even go out to the movies by myself.. gets me away from all the crazy ass people in my life.. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you go to a restaurant and eat alone?