Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do caucasion people find east indian people attractive      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 decent_one
Msg: 1
do caucasion people find east indian people attractivePage 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
hello people,
so far i have notices all mixed review about the caucasian people's attraction toward east indian people for dating, it would be intresting to know how POF community think about it

thanks
 svensvenson
Msg: 2
do caucasian people find east Indian people attractive
Posted: 6/2/2006 8:35:02 PM
Women of all races are beautiful, makes absolutely no difference to me. If they can make good homemade samosas, all the more appealing they are!

Sven
 Trishnaa
Msg: 3
do caucasion people find east indian people attractive
Posted: 6/2/2006 9:42:27 PM
I honestly don't find Aishwarya Rai beautiful.I used to find her beautiful when she won the Miss World crown, but not after she started playing stupid roles in stupid movies.
But from guys, if you only go by looks.......John Abraham is freaking...smoking hot.......
 Trishnaa
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/2/2006 9:59:06 PM
Wow....you are a Hindi movie addict .... lol...or are you just addicted to blue/green eyed Indian actresses.Seems like that's the pattern.Anyway it's all good.
Yea Aishwarya Rai is beautiful, even though I absolutely despise her roles in movies.

To the OP====>Well it just depends.There are many white girls in my college who are dating Indian men.So I don't see what the problem is.Goodluck to you.
 decent_one
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/3/2006 5:24:17 AM
its intresting to see that people are intrested in bollywood movies, it wasnt about attactive is attractive and ugly is ugly,

my question was in broader sense, like cultural values also matters, and with look, n cultural values, i was asking about attraction

just trying to make discussion on the track

thanx
 CountIbli
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:07:45 AM
Some of the most beautiful women I've met have been east Indian. Unfortunately they don't seem to age well and they've got way too much hair down below. This probably varies from region to region, but Indians are way too conservative sexually for my tastes (very odd for the people who gave us the Kama Sutra). I used to work in a photo studio that had a pretty big Indian clientel, and it seems that Indians don't like to smile. I think the cultural differences are too much for me to be happy in a relationship with an Indian, but more power to those who disagree.
 designingwoman
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 7:48:14 PM
Yes, I do think East Indian men are oftentimes very handsome. I had a date with one and enjoyed it very much. Sadly I never heard from him again. I would gladly go out with an East Indian guy.
 dashance
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:56:46 PM
Yes! Caucasians find East Indians attractive in a simply put statement! But it is a complicated isssue... differences in culture become an issue. What differences? Well, aside from religion,... there is a level regarding the caste systems of each (come on there is one in the west too). There are also those regarding marital arrangements too! I'm sure there are a host that I've not mentioned, but I'm keeping this brief.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 10
To flsoldier
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:40:11 PM
I think they are beautiful. I had one beautiful "mixed race" girl e-mail me last year, but she was mostly east indian, and I was just happy that a girl like that would take the time no e-mail me and say something nice like she did. What made me attracted to her more, was that she said she is non materialistic and not shallow and she seems to have had a great character and that was what really made me attracted to her.

So yes, MANY east Indian women are beautiful and i wouldn't mind dating one someday.
 wanttotalktoyou
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/8/2006 7:03:00 PM
I'm only speaking for myself, but I find East Indian women very attractive.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 12
To flsoldier
Posted: 6/9/2006 8:47:22 PM
^^^I don't think he hates fat women.Yes, I have read his other posts.I think its just a preference.Not sure why people think its shallow.I mean everyone has preferences.

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:27:50 AM
^^^Jeez Joe....behave yourself.... :hug

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:37:37 PM
^^^I don't find fat people attractive either.I guess that makes me shallow too.

~*Flavia*~
 T__C
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:51:35 PM
OK i'm probably gonna get a whole lot of abuse for this but as a FAT caucasion woman... i agree that indian males can be attractive...( the same as males from every other colour and creed)

however... personally speaking, would i date one or enter into a relationship with one??? then answer would be no..

guys an gals, its down to personal preference, if we all liked the same people and things it'd be a pretty dull world ok, lets all get over it
 Leeanne
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:49:30 PM
@Darakko - Yikes - that attitude is not attractive - sorry but I for one and many, many other Caucasians think that black Africans are beautiful people. I tell my black african bf that everyday!

I also find every person regardless of ethnicity is beautiful - as long as they are kind and wonderful, caring people. Good people are very attractive regardless of the colour of their skin. One of the first men that I dated coming out of my marriage was East Indian - he was a great guy!
 cocopuff1974
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:42:43 PM
To the original poster....why do you give a sh*t if white people think if East Indian people are attractive?? See....I hate questions like this because it's as if minorities are trying to get the approval of white people. If "white" people think you're attractive then by golly, you're attractive! Who cares?????????? There are going to be some caucasion people who think East Indians are attractive and some who think you're ugly. The same can be said about black people. Some white people think black people are attractive. Some do not. Would I care if the white race thought black people were ugly....HELL NO!!! I think you have a complex. That's my opinion. Why didn't you ask if Blacks or Spanish people though East Indians were attractive??? Well personally, I don't. But that's just me.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/13/2006 10:44:45 AM
^^^^I whole heartedly agree.Even though I'm not Indian, I've stayed there for many years and I can echo what she just said.

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/13/2006 10:44:59 AM
Ooops double post!!!!!!!!
 cocopuff1974
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/13/2006 3:24:00 PM
Well I wasn't trying to come off rude to the original poster. Sorry!
 lovedel
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/26/2006 12:34:48 PM
I am a east indian man and I am always attracted to caucausian women and only them! I don't think culture is a big deal, and like some people say here, you cannot genaralize here.. and say culture is a problem..
 lovedel
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/26/2006 12:35:44 PM
oh btw, I am married to a caucasian woman!
 Trishnaa
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/29/2006 5:31:35 PM
^^^What's that supposed to mean?

~*Flavia*~
 Prince_of_Poker
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/5/2006 7:28:02 PM
decent_one, I think it goes a little father than looks. Guys get this mental picture of how sweet, kind, caring, loving, ect. east indian women are and they think how great they would be to have as girlfriend because they know she will take care of him since that's the culture over there (the women take care of the guys in thier lives). Some of us guys also think that they know how to seen and not heard since that is also thier culture in India. A lot of us think about how over there how the guys have many wives which is kinda a fantasy a lot of guys have. These guys are ussually the ones who are never happy with what they have and always get what they want without trying too hard (and always get 3rd,4th, and 5th changes). They have always been set to a lower standard than everybody else, so these guys ussually don't know how to apreciate ANYTHING. When I think of the attractiveness of East Indian women I think of how sweet, loving, caring, kind, ect. they are. I also think of how much of true ladies they are. They know that it's ok to speak your mind, but there is also a way in doing so that it sometimes takes a brain to understand what they are saying because they do it so nicely. Which is pretty cute and funny.
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/8/2006 3:11:49 PM
Attractive: Some are.

However, I wouldn't date one. I've met a few (not as dates), and when they're speaking English, I can't understand them. Their accents require a translator! [Sorry, but such is my opnion.]
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/9/2006 12:00:58 PM
darkhandsomeniceguy_84:
... However they're tons of Indians who probably speak better english then you do. Afterall, India use to be a British colony.

Those are the ones I can't understand. I met many of them while in college in the 1980's. I have no problem understanding people from other places where the Queen's English is spoken (Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, or whites from India, etc.), but other than race, I haven't found a common thread of why.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do caucasion people find east indian people attractive