Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > would men beable to handle haveing a baby      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 komodo_8
Msg: 1
would men beable to handle haveing a babyPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
well folks we were talkin at timmies tonite befor headin to work... and a topic came up was that men wouldnt beable to handle giving birth... now i was wondering what and fellers and the misses thought about this... if men gave birth can we handel it...
 Booned
Msg: 2
would men beable to handle haveing a baby
Posted: 6/10/2006 2:00:55 AM
I think if we had to we could, ya gotta do what the good lord set ya about to do.
 Varla
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/10/2006 4:55:06 AM
If it was the case that men had the babies...I don't think they would have a choice but to handle it...
 paijlady
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 5:59:59 AM
ok well apparently the closest men will ever get to childbirth is passing kidneystones, hehehe so being the nice mother i am, i wish this upon every man, even though they recon the pain isnt close to labour they say its up there. lol.
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:20:12 AM
Of course we would. We are able to handle even worse pain and still be functional.

Women say there is no pain like giving birth. Is this pain worse than losing a limb? Or receiving several bullets in the gut? Or being tortured? Men have suffered that and more, and are still able to function.

Nobody likes pain. But if it is necessary to endure it, most men will.
 paijlady
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:39:12 AM
hmmm... good point but it is well known women have a much higher threshold for enduing pain. the loss of a limb is an instant the area goes numb and the bodys natural adrenalin kicks in with its own drugs to help, this doesnt happen during child birth.

torture usually happens in lapses over days, these all uaually come to death after a few hours, these examples given, women have hours of pain constantly that just gets worse and worse. my labour with my son was 23hrs of full labour, not to mention the week i was in early labour.

in labour you feel like you body is being torn in half not to mention whan you actually start to push. think if you can trying to push something the size of a large watermelon out of somewhere that is the size of an apple, you judge womens labour but you will never understand what it is truly like and that you should be thankfull for considering the amounts of other trauma women go though in that 9 month period, not to mention after if the baby is not healthy, you speak of tortue, have you thought of the years of torture women go through in 9 months plus after if there are problems or the emotional aspect of the loss of a child knowing you carried that child for nine months, that kind of bond is unbreakable.

yes men go through some sh*t if they are in the situation like war, but next time think of how it feels to give birth but to have to look down at a blue baby, and know you are never going to see that child or hear it cry, yes men go through the same emotion but not nearly to the amount as a woman. i know women wish men could give birth just so you could know exactly what it is like, all the emotion the sence of failure, the hours upon hours of pain, all for the one thing that has meant so much in a 9 month period.
 Scheherrazade
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:41:16 AM
It would cut down greatly on the population explosion because each and every man would say Sure, I can do that, and then never do it again. Each family would have only one child because there is no way a man would ever go thru that again.

Simbad, I would not say its worse that loosing a limb, but very smiliar to loosing the limb over and over for a several hour period.
 Booned
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:45:47 AM
its an even trade , we goto war when it happens you make the families you dont want to get shot, we dont want to stretch our insides to crap
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:06:14 AM
Paij, is this one of those "men don't know how bad women have it" threads? My grandmother had eleven children, and she never bragged about how selfless and heroic she was. Thinking again, my grandfather never complained because he had to work all those backbreaking years at the steel mill so my grandma, mom, aunts and uncles could eat.

Anyway, and paraphrasing something I heard somewhere, "what's so heroic about giving birth? Even female mice do it".

And yes, I will hunker down for the fallout.
 Wizard097
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:24:03 PM
hahaha
here it comes
If men were able to have a baby, we would have it set by now so that it would be really easy...like a polaroid camera..one kiss..bzzzzzzzzzzzz...here it comes, wait for the baby to focus and voila...When hitching the horses became labour, we simply invented a car..same concept hahaha

Ok in all seriousness....I dont think Id want to go through it
 lil.miss.vixen
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/10/2006 6:22:31 PM
before i get into the actual birth, let me just say that the months of being pregnant were worse, for me anyways...dizziness, vomiting, fainting....especially the last month when i couldn't get off the couch without someone helping me...there was no such thing as walking, it was called waddling...and trying to sleep at night while your stomach is being kicked and punched isn't relaxing at all...now lets get to the o.p....

did any of us ladies forget to mention how our SKIN tears?!?!?! YEAH!!!! k guys, think of the softest, thinest piece of skin in your "area"....now, imagine ....a football...haha.....tearing that skin....all the while having sharp, deathly pains every minute or so...or how about when the head is halfway out and the nurse tells you to STOP pushing for a minute....wtf?!?!?! yeah, OK!!!
childbirth is something us women just cannot describe....i had a very easy birth (sorry to brag) but it still hurt like crazy...i had to get stitches....YUCK!!!!
so overall, NO, i don't think guys could handle it.
 campgurl
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/10/2006 7:08:47 PM
If it were possible that men could carry and deliver a child I am sure they could handle it. I myself surprised myself at handling it. Yes it's a pain undescribable yet doable because we do it again if we want more kids. I honestly can't remember the pain after the moment I looked down at my own little cherub face in my arms. I'd do it again million times over if it was possible. I thank the Big Guy he made me a women! Sorry for your loss guys it's the most awesome experience anyone can ever have even with the pain, blood and other unmentionable things involved in the entire 9 mth process!
 koolgurl23
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/10/2006 7:28:13 PM

Is this pain worse than losing a limb? Or receiving several bullets in the gut? Or being tortured? Men have suffered that and more, and are still able to function.

from someone who CAN'T compare those other things to childbirth! LOL

Women have never lost a limb??
Women have never been shot in the gut??
Women have never been tortured??

Women have experienced these things too....AND have the ability to COMPARE with childbirth. It's not a pity ploy....it hurts!! And actually it's not the same for all births or all women either. BUT I think it's fair to say that we MIGHT have a better idea of how the pain of chilbirth compares to other physical pain...

Are we talking about men having babies because of the technological advances? They've already had some rare cases of women carrying babies outside the womb (c-sectioned of course), and that's all they need to do more studies on how to duplicate it in a man. Emotionally? Why not? Give 'em a taste of good ol' PPD...LOL NO wait...I don't want to see that...ever...all my ex's were complete babies themselves with just a cold, or flu, or when they got an 'owie' LOL

Just kiddin...if men were to carry babies they would be having c-sections, so yeah, they could probably handle that. If men had all the right parts to deliver a baby...he would be a woman.
 paijlady
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:25:50 PM
this is not about women being selfless and heroic, your grandmother most likely grew up in a time when women didnt work but were home makers. im sure if she hadnt been married and had kids she would be the one breaking her back in a job.

this is not a men dont know how bad women have it, cos i know a lot of ppl go through some serious sh*t but in the case of child birth no you are never going to know, nor how it feels to carry that child for nine months and you should be thankful, a lot of men have high respect for women who have children, you seem to have none for the woman who gave birth to yours, otherwise she must have had a very easy pregnancy and drugs during labour.

dont forget if it wernt for hours of agony you wouldnt be here... admitedly there are a lot of women who have drugs, but there are many of us who went through birth with nothing i did cos i figured women did it a hundred years ago why cant i. you say your quote like female mice dont have pain, they do.

women are not heros for giving birth, this tread is about whether men could go through it. they probably could, but there is no type of pain that could describe it, that is the point, it is not only the pain it is all the emotion that goes with it as well. women dont have it bad, we get a much closer connection with our kids and that is a bond we will always have, and i would never give that up. but i can tell ya the movie that arnold shwarzeneger is pregnant and hits the small amount of labour that he goes through all women are pissing themselves laughing and only wishing it was true...
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:53:55 PM
If there is no way for men to know about it, what's the use of complaining about men "not knowing about it"?

The reference to mice wasn't made to mean that it doesn't hurt. It was made to mean that female bodies, of every mammal species, are designed to give birth.
 paijlady
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:18:44 PM
thats not complaining thats making a statment...
 Booned
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:40:16 PM
i knwo a guy who was hunting and his arm hada rd degree fracture, he had to saw it off to stay alive he said that was pretty painfull and it took him over 7 hours, he whistled to keep his mind occupied, he isnt even the toughest guy I know just i think woudl be close to giving child birth I would imagine.
 koolgurl23
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/11/2006 12:29:09 AM
Yeah, I think cutting your own arm off might possibly compare...LOL...OUCH!!! He SAYS he whistled, but who was there? He probably cried like a baby. A woman would probably have had it off in an hour. SOOOO KIDDING!! Just feeling like being a trouble maker tonight...LOL

Vale-Of-Tears
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2006 2:36:41 AM
Being 7 months pregnant ya'll scare the crap outta me! I've had some bad things happen to me but from what all the ladies are saying its almost unbearable! I might take drugs after all for the labor! - but men handling it ... yeah i believe they could ... ask me again in a few months

**for those that actually looked at my profile (if you are this type) to save you from posting "your too young" and yadda yadda I know this! I know im too young. That is where the whole You play You Pay phrase comes in. I dont believe in abortion and im not going to give it up to someone and worry about him for the rest of his life so I chose to keep him young or not hes my responsibility - and putting it nicely for those that have to read this that arent the type to fuss about "young kids having kids" - I chose to give up my "partying years" for this baby and I refuse to let it grow up and be anything like me. Okay im done ranting lol

campgurl
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/11/2006 8:08:55 AM
Vale of tears Congrats gurl and good for you! And it's a doable pain since you know millions have done it before you and will follow you. Enjoy your pregnancy and the naps right now cause you will need them! It's truly a miracle and you are blessed to become a mom! Best of luck and practice your kegals it does help!
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/11/2006 11:27:09 AM
This is a ridiculous thread. When will people learn that gender has nothing to do with personal ability. Some people are more able and some less. In this case, I'd say absolutely... if they had to do it they could.
 missmom781
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/11/2006 3:10:23 PM
if a mans body was designed to have a baby then yes he can handle it. Just as well as any woman could. Shoot from what I have read and seen most women get epidurals which leaves them feeling fine and dandy anyway, so no doubt a man could do it too.
 misskittee
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2006 1:16:39 AM
There are a lot of jokes and not-so joking lines that people say "if men had to give birth...." The truth is...Men and women are built differently. I don't mean just the physical ability to have a child (uterus etc). Pain thresholds are different, tolerances are different and the mental "off switch" that makes us forget a traumatic even is a little different as well. In my opinion? Sure, if men were capable of giving birth they could do it. If someone just installed the equipment on a man without changing anything else? I don't think so. There are reasons why people are built the way they are my friends. Having had a baby (reallllllllly rough delivery) I can assure you...there are some very definite biological aids that are hard wired into a woman's body to make it easier. Vale of Tears, honey I hear you (I was barely 21 when my daughter was born) you can do this, and it's so worth it. If you need someone to talk to, go ahead and email me.
 jodie1985
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/14/2006 3:33:48 AM
i had a natural birth no drugs no oxygen nothing !!!!! that pain i wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy!!! but i lived if a man was created to give birth i think ya why wouldnt they handle it . it would be the same as women now some r sucks and go 4 the drugs others r troopers and take the pain like a champ it all depends on the person and their pain tolerance
 sirtigger35
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/14/2006 4:08:29 PM
no we cant
and dont want to
you woman can have it
:D
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > would men beable to handle haveing a baby