Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Email Response Time      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 stoneside
Msg: 10
Email Response TimePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
If you don't get a response within a day or two of your e-mail being opened, you're not getting one.
 twisted40
Msg: 11
Email Response Time
Posted: 6/12/2006 6:06:00 AM
Depends on how often you check your emails.
 hawkrave
Msg: 14
Email Response Time
Posted: 6/12/2006 7:29:14 AM
I saw when you get the email if you have time do it than. When ever I get an email I try to answer it than.

If say it is one you read at work or something or have to think about what you write. I would make sure you write back the next day as the person that wrote the email is saying what the hell why haven't you wrote back.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Email Response Time
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:42:56 AM
Usually about a month
 Esperanza143
Msg: 25
Email Response Time
Posted: 6/12/2006 1:41:47 PM
I respond within a day. I may read an email but wish to put some thought into a response. If I happen to be online when I receive an email, even if I have time, I do not reply immediately, so as to not look like I was desperate and sitting here waiting...
 LoversEntwined
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Email Response Time
Posted: 6/12/2006 3:51:29 PM
ok, i'm a geek. i like getting emails and HAVE to open them, because I'm just too curious (didn't curiosity have something to do with a cat??).
if i don't know the person, then i check the profile and judge from there.
if it's a chatty one, i'll respond quickly, within the hour most times, but if it's a little more serious than that, i will think on it a little more, sometimes a day or two if it isn't an emergency.
i also consider who it is from. seeing as how a lot of the people (but not all) who i correspond with are in the friend category, i also consider how often and quickly they respond, and respond accordingly.
if it's that special someone, then i usually respond by the end of the night, after a bit of thought. i hate to rush my words too much, or seem too clingy or needy.

but after all that, i like writing them and sometimes go overboard and don't wait for a response if i have more to say (i always seem to have more to say...) trying desperately not to be a pain in the a$$! lol
 BFLP
Msg: 33
Email Response Time
Posted: 8/20/2010 2:45:37 AM
every one has different scenirio so just trust your instincts
 JP1111
Msg: 36
Email Response Time
Posted: 2/12/2011 12:14:27 AM
I realize that not everyone has a great deal of time to respond to messages so, as a general rule, I always give a great ordeal of time to first Read a message. After that, I will allow about 2-3 weeks to respond and, if after that I still don't get a response, I will simply delete the message as I can see that they are not too interested in either myself or wanting to date.
 JP1111
Msg: 40
Email Response Time
Posted: 2/18/2011 6:32:25 PM
I do find it interesting that if we were paying for this site, everyone would get back to messages sent much sooner and would not stop with the “I'm thinking about my response”. But it is what it is and, we need to adjust to that.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Email Response Time