Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Tacos in Pasta Shells...Kids will love it :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 onlylivewunce
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Tacos in Pasta Shells...Kids will love it :)Page 1 of 1    
This is one of my kids favorites..

Tacos in Pasta Shells

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (I use about 1/2) - personal preference
1 pkg mild taco seasoning
18 jumbo pasta shells
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup taco sauce or any kind of sauce..sometimes I mix bravo and crushed ground tomatoes ... say 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, taco seasoning, mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss cooked shells in butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish; pour taco sauce (or sauce of choice)over shells. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Remove dish from oven and top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips; return dish to oven to cook for 15 minutes more. Serve as is, or with sour cream

kitkat45
Msg: 2
Tacos in Pasta Shells...Kids will love it :)
Posted: 6/16/2006 7:48:36 AM
Now that sounds like something my food monsters at home will gobble up! Must try this for sure!
Thanks so much!
 onlylivewunce
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 8:33:28 AM
Believe me, when I first saw it, couldnt imagine the pasta shells and the taco chips together ... but it was a hit :)
 aafitnessmodel
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/29/2010 10:45:42 AM
wow~this is one of the yummy recipes that my teenage son & his friends will just love~i think i'll make this next week when they all come over~i'll let ya know if they like it~i'm sure they will~thank you for sharing~ :o)
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Tacos in Pasta Shells...Kids will love it :)