Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Tried Recipes from POF...Let's hear it :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 2
Tried Recipes from POF...Let's hear it :)Page 1 of 1    
used to be...

there were a lot of scratch cookers on here...

pre-packaged and from mix was not the the kinda recipies that were shared...

I see little less of the regulars on here and I think it recipies like TACOS IN SHELLS...

I would never cook that, and more of the cooking is like that...

so I will to say fare well to one of my favorite fourms...

virtualdude
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Tried Recipes from POF...Let's hear it :)
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:06:29 AM
HEY!
I've posted a few recipes from scratch.. I think... But sometimes, the quick and easy stuff wins the race too.
Anyway, so far, I've liked a lot of the stuff I've seen up here. All the stuff, aside from the Ice Cream stuff I've tried. I don't like cooking stuff out of the box much unless I'm serious pressed for time. The prep time on stuff usually isn't that long anyway, aside from chopping things up.
I do know I like to keep it simple...
Anyway, I guess you can just search my name to see what's there.
 virtualdude
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 11:44:05 AM
AWESOME!!
I feel very validated! (excuse the celebration)

Well, Kahlua Pig is supposed to be salty. I think you can do it without the salt or just use a couple pinches (or an Emerill "BAM!"), but I can't guarantee the results. I think this is a lot like Mexican Carnitas which uses a lot less salt. I'd say give it a shot and see how it goes. I don't think the salt is a requirement to say the least.
 virtualdude
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2006 12:02:25 PM
Cool! That'd be awesome.
Yeah, I "work" online, so sometimes I surf this site a bit too much..
Anyway, I'd love to know how it turns out. Have a good weekend! :)
 akanke
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:08:27 PM
Hi ... I have tried a few recipes on here and they all turned out!

1. banana banana bread - very good.
2. Orange tofu stir fry recipe - that I absolutley love! It has become one of my favorites!

Those are the only 2 that I can think off the top of my head ...
I have some others to try out though!

Kathleen
 Akoni1965
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/17/2006 4:59:49 PM
As far as recipes from Scratch? Well now that i have found this forum I will try and post a new recipe daily from scratch. I will be posting mainly baked products as they are my favorite to prepare.

Today I posted a Cookie recipe that uses 3.25 pounds of chocolate to make 3 dozen cookies and it only uses 4oz of flour....Very Rich and Very Chocolatey. I haven't found too many people that can eat more than 2..if they even finish the 2nd one..lol
 akanke
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/17/2006 5:04:59 PM
HI. Here is the link to the tofu recipies that I tried.
I can't find the banana bread but will keep looking.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3870944.aspx
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 9:56:40 PM

I can't find the banana bread but will keep looking.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3382096.aspx

there are a few banana bread recipes in the above link
 Classic Chassis
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2006 10:08:05 PM

Scratch cooking it great no doubt, but in todays times, unfortunately can't always be done due to the time involved.

Scratch cooking is great and cheaper in the long run, especially if you prep your meals all at once.

Chicken breasts ... do bbq'd chicken one night, make chicken cordon bleu and freeze, slice a couple of breasts for stir-fry, place in freezer bag with marinade and you've got 2 meals ready to go.

Ground beef ... make meat loaf or hamburgers for 1 meal, cook and season enough ground beef for tacos and freeze for another night, make 2 lasagna and freeze 1.

Roast beef ... thinly slice a portion of the leftover roast and freeze for hot roast beef sandwiches or cut into bite-size pieces and make a Shepherd's Pie.

Potatoes ... make a batch of mashed potatoes and freeze in individual bags.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:26:22 AM
Having been raised in an Italian family atmosphere where meals were always cooked each Sunday for the whole week or close to it... All day good talk and good food being prepared... Sure kept the family close
"SIGH" sure wish I had paid more attention to the women cooking back then but I was a little boy who knew no better LOL

One thing I love to do is either bake or deep fry a turkey then use the left overs... Slice for cold sandwiches, cube for soups, stews or salads. Make stock from the bones... So much you can do and roast either pork or beef can go along way also...

Cooking for me is pure joy especially watching when someone enjoys themselves eating
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Tried Recipes from POF...Let's hear it :)