Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carrie_32
Msg: 2
Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Bad teeth is a sign of poor hygene. Missing a tooth in the front I could handle, as long as he was getting it looked after and getting a fake one or whatnot. That could be something sports related.

Everyone can make their faces and hair and body's look good, but so many people now a days skip over one of the most important parts of their bodies.. Their smile. I myself cannot date someone with rotting teeth, even someone with poorly kept teeth I can't (i dont mean crooked teeth). Someone with bleeding gums, brown teeth, rotting, stinky death breath, etc. Theres so many things someone can do to keep up on their mouths, flossing once/day only takes 5 mins sitting at the computer, brushing should be more than a habit at our age. I can't kiss anyone with a yucky mouth, Im gagging at the thought of it as I type this.. eesh.
 Carrie_32
Msg: 3
Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:19:02 AM

I AGREE WITH BECAUSE WE ALL AGE AND SOONER OR LATER IN OUR LIVES NONE OF US WILL HAVE PERFECT TEETH PERFECT HAIR PERFECT BODY AS WE ALL MIGHT HAVE NOW OUR TEETH WILL FALL OUT, OUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT AND OUR BODY WONT BE SAME AS IT IS NOW.

You're typing like you're going to turn 80 tomorrow!!! Most people are in their 20's and 30's right now! If you're letting yourself go now, how is it going to be when you do get old! Quit making excuses for not brushing your teeth and flossing! You're all not 10 years old anymore! Take care of yourself now and try to keep what you have for as long as you got! Theres a huge gap between 30 and 80! (and yes I know a couple elderly people with their real teeth at their age. Thats what I want)
 Carrie_32
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:40:17 AM
I guess it is different. Not sure how it is down where you are. I just know up here, I prefer not to kiss a dirty toilet bowl mouth that tastes like it's full of poop. I personally cannot stick my tongue in someones mouth if its like that.

OP: Just think about how you're going to feel all the time. Are you going to enjoy kissing him all the time? Kissing is a huge part of a relationship, if not one of the biggest. Thats how I see it. I don't mind if someone doesn't look like a model, i'm not overly picky, I just have to know that I'm going to enjoy and want to kiss my partner all the time, and he better be ready to be kissed a LOT! So a clean healthy mouth is not too much to ask really. If you're questioning it now, kiss him once, if you dont enjoy it, that should be your answer.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:49:00 PM
Tell him to remove his teeth and put fake ones. Then go out with him.Or send him my way 10 years from now.

~*Flavia*~
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/17/2006 4:34:04 PM
Yes of course I would. They are just teeth. The kind of person he is, is more important than his teeth. You met a nice man, too bad he didn't met a nice woman.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:24:04 PM
Here's an idea.Date him, live with him or marry him.Just don't kiss him on the mouth, if it's that important to you.But be straightforward about it.I take my earlier comments back,I think this method is way cheaper than going to a dentist.

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:36:40 PM
"Prom queens typically end up being some secretary in a trailer on a construction site working next to Luke the quarterback as he delivers water all day long."

LMAO...that's the most funny thing I heard all day.And so true too!

~*Flavia*~
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/17/2006 7:39:56 PM
Here are my two cents..Attraction is important. There also comes a time when we have to put on our big boy/girl pull ups and realize that one does not have to meet all our metal check list of what they NEED to look like. If Anderson were 5'9, I would still like him a great deal. Though I have a strict 5'10 rule. That being said, it is important to take care of yourself. Letting your teeth get rotten is not taking care of yourself. The decision is yours. A nice guy that has potential with bad teeth or a hot looking guy that could not be such a nice guy. I know where I would put my Jimmy Choo's on this....
P.S. You could always have lots of sex, that way you get the boy and do not have to see his teeth....
 sparticuss
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/18/2006 1:37:22 AM
Oh my god me and my gender reversing again.

I went out swimming with my buddies yeaterday and met this girl who was kinda cute and nice and we talked for a little bit and she asked for my number...We were doing belly flops offf the board, and then her bikin top fell off, and she only had one breast. The other was just scar! I have never met anyone with only one breast and I was horrified!!! here comes another dilemma- A buddy of mine lived across the street from her his whole life and he told me that if she called me, to not answer the phone - that I shouldnt get involved with her because I am better than that, etc. NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO - THIS GIRL SEEMED REALLY NICE, BUT HER BREAST IS GONE AND MY FRIEND TOLD ME TO STAY AWAY ----ANY ADVICE? WOULD YOU GO OUT WITH A GIRL WITH ONLY ONE TIT IF SHE WAS NICE AND WOULD YOU LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND OR GIVE IT A GO??
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/18/2006 2:41:28 AM

Look, Im not for dating people who cant take care of themselves either. I just cant stand a society that looks at outward appearance and figures that makes a complete package. Its a sick barbie mentality that leads to failed relationships and stupid kids. Prom queens typically end up being some secretary in a trailer on a construction site working next to Luke the quarterback as he delivers water all day long. Looks are great, but they need to be considered along side the entire package. She said he was a nice guy. Based on all the worthless men this site talks about... I would say she is one leg up on most here...

I couldn't agree more. I guess the topic of tommorow will be: Found a really great guy but can't see him because he has five pimples. She is the perfect woman in all ways except for those tiny a cup things on her chest.

Having bad teeth does not always mean the person is lazy, use drugs or has smelly breath. I had a whole mouthful of problems in spite of the fact that I brushed, flossed and used super strong mouth wash several times a day. I was just lucky enough to have very good insurance and was able to replace the lost teeth. I work with a man that has horrible teeth, but he is a very good hard working man, who would do anything for someone. Too bad he is already taken , and very much in love with his future wife.

As to bad teeth because of drug use. News flash if that were the case he would not come across as a really nice guy. When I first moved to the city I am living with, I worked out of day labor places until I could find a real job. Worked with a lot of crack heads, and trust me, there isn't anything that would say nice.

I just wonder how those of you, who talk about how horrible dating a person with bad teeth is would feel if at some point in your life you found yourself with no insurance, very little money, and in spite of your best effort your teeth started going bad. Don't be so smug to think it can't happen to you. There is no job on earth that is 100% certain. There isn't anything on this earth that is 100% certain.

We all have our idea of what we like in looks. I love a man with long hair for example, but when it comes down to reality, if I were to met a man, and I truly cared for him, I wouldn't care if he had a single hair on his head.

After all the true jerks I have known in my life, if I met a good decent man that I cared about, and that cared about me, I would not be so hung up on his looks. Grow up and be happier for it!!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/18/2006 2:49:15 AM

It's interesting to me that it's suggested that these people need to magically come up with the money to fix their teeth or get dentures. Yet, people give those that wear dentures such grief, too. Soon as they realize they do, they wanna know "why?". No matter that they fixed them, there's still the mental association that their teeth were bad, so they must be lacking in some way. And even when it's a situation such as lobos, there's the stigma attached to those that take their teefers out at night. Can these peeps ever win? Methinks not.

I hope you are wrong, as I might as well come out of the closet, lol. In spite of my best efforts I have lost a good deal of teeth, and have partial dentures. My teeth were never rotting at the bases, just fragile and started breaking off just as my father's teeth did, and his parents, and his grandparents. Seems I have been lucky enough to inherit weak teeth. Don't like it, but not much I can do about it, other than hope dentist stop being so greedy or I win the lottery and can afford implants.

Bad teeth do not mean bad breath. At least not all of the time. Sometimes going on this thing makes me feel like I am back in grade school!!!

I think I will start a thread, "Would you really want to date a person that doesn't have a tan. Must be lazy or they would spend more time in the sun. jk but if you are an adult you will get the point.
 sparticuss
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:20:12 AM
I cant say nothing on this lol because i have BOTH of mine but i have a scar small one my left breast because it got infected because of the milk in it from haveing my little boy but the scar is not that big and they thought i would loose my left breast, but i didn't it's just a small scar
========================
I've got a big scar right across my face and almost into my eye.

This hudge black guy came at me with a blade and cut a piece out of me he did.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
- He was my skin cancer surgeon.
 sparticuss
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/18/2006 3:23:06 AM
Must have a perfect tan perfect hair perfect smile perfect body perfect, personality must not be lazy must not ****/complain....

=================
Me an my one upmanship.

This girl is formally inducted into the Plaited Belt Brigade.

"I go on this great first date and we decide to share a cab home - separate stops. When we get in, he buckles his seatbelt! I know that's a wise thing to do, so I feel like a jerk saying this, but it totally turned me off. It just seemed so kid-like and lame.
Is he too much of a weenie for me, or am I out of my mind?" wrote Unrestrained Lady, Upper West Side.

To the uninitiated, Unrestrained Lady may seem like a neurotic aberration. But ditching men because they fail to measure up in some infinitesimal way has been common place among daters and among womens talk for years.

We all know women who won't go out with men who don't drive “prestige” cars or didn't go to a "prestige" school.

Or the woman who instantly went off a man she had been crazy for because he turned up at her front door wearing a plaited belt.

In the days before e-tags, another felt her stomach turn when her date fumbled with the bridge toll. These are usually not just excuses to jettison an unsatisfactory male, but genuine reasons for spontaneous revulsion.
 Trishnaa
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:48:18 PM
Wheww....this thread makes me feel so lucky that I've never had to go to a dentist for any reason.

To be honest OP, I'd date that guy you are describing, but I'd tell him politely that we'd never kiss on the mouth, unless he fixes it.Now I don't think that is shallow.Oh and to be only fair, he can pick any of my bad features and make his own rule.I would not mind.But bad teeth can be fixed, so not sure why you are so against dating him.

~*Flavia*~
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/18/2006 7:17:29 PM
Broken_Wings, yes I understand what you meant, and couldn't agree more.

To those that have such a problem dating those with dental problems I give up. Go ahead be shallow and run the risk of missing out on someone that might have been perfect for you.
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:03:07 PM
WOW....!....this is a funny thread.......!....LOL........
 sparticuss
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:40:41 AM
met this guy who was kinda cute and nice and we talked for a little bit
=====================================

Just forget the damn teeth for a second please. I've just noticed something far more serious.

Youve said he was kinda cute but was he cute enough??

You said he was nice but was he nice enough.?

Cute is not vital but still helps things along. But "nice" is vital. Absoloutely vital. If you have your doubts that he's nice enough then that is an important reason to take your time.

Daggy teeth can be fixed. Nice is something in the depths of your soul. It's important
 sparticuss
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:44:04 AM
I am so sorry but if the teeth are rotting that means he doesnt take care of himself ....
=====================

Garbage Cutiie=

I've had two brothers lost all of their teeth to tetracyclin antibiotics by the time they were fifteen and they brushed the same as the rest of us.

I've got two freinds in their eighties who have never brushed and still have flawless teeth.
 sparticuss
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:47:36 AM
And even when it's a situation such as lobos, there's the stigma attached to those that take their teefers out at night. Can these peeps ever win? Methinks not.

================================
It's wierd Funny Girl

As you said, everyone gets so nasty towards guys who take their teeth out at night. But I've known six guys who took thier leg off at night and the only one who didn't have a gf was one who didn't want one.
 sillyatheart3
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:03:47 AM
I WAS PUT IN THAT SITUAT LAST MONTH, THE MAN WAS NICE, BUT NO MATTER WHAT I DID HE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN ME. AS I LOOKED UP AT HIM WITH A SMILE OR TWO I NOTICED HIS TEETH WERE ROTTEN, NOW I CAN NOT COMMENT FOR I DO TO 7 YRS OF ORTHDONIST.. LOSEND MY TEETH AND I WERE A PLATE. SO I CAN NOT BE A HIPORCRITE

IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABUL KISSING A MAN WITH BAD TEETH THEY IT WILL ALWAYS GROSS YOU OUT.. MY DAUGHTER MARRIED A REAL OKLAHOMA AND HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO THE DEINEST IN HIS LIFE..

THE POINT OF THAT WAS.. WHEN YOU LOVE A PERSON OR YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO HIS HEART AND SOUL YOU MY DEAR... DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE PERSON.

IT IS THE EYES I HAVE BEEN TEACHING YOU ALL ON THIS SITE THAT DESTROY YOUR RELATIONSHIP... DO YOU THINK A BLIND MAN KNOWS IF YOU ARE UGLY OR BEAUTIFUL.
DO YOU THINK HE KNOWS IF YOU HAVE BAD TEETH OR FRIED HAIR... HE CAN TELL IF YOU ARE FAT OR SKINNY TALL OR SHORT, HE CAN TALL IF YOU HAVE LARGE BOOBS OR ARE FLAT CHESTED.. BUT HE CAN NOT SEE THE COLOR OF YOUR EYES, HAIR, SKIN, AND IN THE END.. HE LOVES YOU BECOUSE YOU LOVE HIM.

I HOPE THAT HELPED YOU.. PLEASE MY DEAR.. DON'T JUDGE THIS MAN UNTILL YOU GET TO KNOW HIM. GO ON THE DATE MAMA SAY'S.. IF YOUR BEST FRIEND TOLD YOU TOO JUMP OFF A CLIFF.. WOULD YOU.. IF SHE WANTS TO RUN YOUR LIFE THE LET HER SHE DOSE LIVE ACROSS THE STREET AND SHE DOSE NOW HIS LIFE OUT SIDE THE DOORS..BUT DOSE SHE KNOW THE MANS HEART. DID SHE EVER GET TO LEARN THE KINDNESS IN HIS EYES.

I AS A MOTHER WOULD TELL YOU THIS.. GO OUT WITH THE MAN IF YOU LIKED THE DATE MAKE ANOTHER ONE. UNTILL YOU FEEL YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH ANSWERS FOR YOURSELF..

HAVE A GREAT DAY MY DEAR.. MAMA LOVES YOU... BRING HIM A FLOWER TO SHOW HIM HOW BEAUTIFUL HIS HEART IS.. NOT ANY CANDY YOU ALREADY LEARNED IT ROTTS THE TEETH.. LOL
 gmain
Msg: 26
Are all you women this shallow?
Posted: 6/19/2006 6:11:17 AM
Laugh and enjoy your good fortune. I was born with what is called chalk teeth. not enough enamel. They never had a chance. Let alone the light green patina all the way through them.
Even being a GM Executive, my dads plan wasnt any help. 12 yrs with major medical wouldnt fix them either, all I can do is wait until they get so bad I cant eat, and try to buy dentures.
My wisdom teeth have the lower jaw neves run right through them, and its going to take surgery to the tune of 3500, just to pull them alone. No insurance will cover this, then or now. My dad had dentures at 18. And no, i havent smiled in 30 yrs.
So now since crackheads are losing their teeth i suppose all of you think I am one? Think all you like. Perhaps I can arrange some dental work for you too... Regardless of your holier then thou attitudes, millions of americans have inferior dental plans, if any, and around my age will be faced with dentures, regardless of wether they can afford them or not. The last estimate i had for complete dentures, oral surgery, {hospital, not the dentist} and all was near 10,000 dollars. I am sorry, I dont have 10k to throw away, just to make you happy to see me.
If thats what it take, well get this. I dont want to see you.
 angeldeathgirl66
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 6:58:14 AM
i wonder why your friend said this for one..and 2..my gosh the thought of kissing him..if his teeth are that bad..his breath must smell like sewer water..i'd say..go with your gut feeling on this one......
 Trishnaa
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/24/2006 7:24:45 PM
^^^^Jeez....that is just stupid.The OP is talking about messed up teeth. She is not talking about going to the dentist for monthly or weekly cleaning like you are assuming. Therefore, I obviously meant I have never had to go to a dentist for any unfortunate reason such as dentures/braces or anything like that.Wasn't that obvious, Mr. Smartypants??You know, thankfully I was blessed with perfect teeth if not anything.Lol...if I never had my teeth cleaned, why would it look white?!You are just making no sense.

Or are you just trying to get a rise out of me??????Now it makes sense why people attack my post instead of 100s other.Very weird.

~*Flavia*~
 Trishnaa
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/25/2006 1:36:26 PM
^^^Okay...opps....sorry...thought you were a Mr., because unless you are a lesbian in denial, I don't see why you would attack my post.Anyway, missy...I was not acting holier than thou, I was being sarcastic.Sure, it's my fault,I did not write down the obvious.But it's not my fault if you can't pick up clues.Sheesh.... Why are you getting so defensive anyway, do you have ugly teeth?!Lol.

"If i never had my teeth cleaned, why would it [sic] look white?"

As far as that comment goes, it was not retarded.It was sarcasm, something you don't seem to understand.I said that because the OP is talking about brown teeth, if I'm not wrong.So that's why I wrote that comment down about white teeth.Got it? Good! If you still don't get it, then please feel free to keep wondering.

Now lay off me or you can keep on arguing back and forth with yourself.I for one have no intention of hi-jacking this thread.

~*Flavia*~
 SEENREAD
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/25/2006 2:10:47 PM
STay away thats pukeville
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Met a nice guy who has bad teeth...