Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sunday Dates?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 2
Sunday Dates?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The word "date" has always stuck in my craw. To me, I'm just seeing someone whereas a date is so dinner-and-a-movie-blech! that I just never do anything like that. Equally so, the day of the week, time of day, and specific activity are all things that really make no difference to me. I'm there to try to and get to know a woman and have her get to know me and it is assumed that we are both adult enough for that to take many forms. Holidays - even the Hallmark type - are a different animal altogether. Those are potentially hazardous to a new relationship.

So who's up for breakfast on Tuesday?
 Tallblueyezs
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Sunday Dates?
Posted: 6/18/2006 6:17:46 AM
I agree with spacemanspiffter's statement..I never think about the day, more of the time we meet is on my mind...I have a date with my dad this afternoon
 Say Hi to David
Msg: 7
Sunday Dates?
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:15:24 AM
matisse808
How is father's day significant, unless he's a father?

Uh, isn't it likely that both of you HAVE fathers???
 arri
Msg: 8
Sunday Dates?
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:43:56 AM
Best first date is having Sunday brunch together
 Trishnaa
Msg: 9
Sunday Dates?
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:50:09 AM
Are you all talking about a date with your dad to the church or something??????????

~*Flavia*~
 stoneside
Msg: 10
Sunday Dates?
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:06:49 PM
Sure, why not go on a date on Sunday. The Father's Day part might be a bit much but don't see anything wrong with having a date on a Sunday. Never had a lady be surprised if I asked her out on a Sunday.
 prolibertate
Msg: 11
Sunday Dates?
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:17:35 PM
OP, I believe the Saturday night 'date night' thing has gone the same way as women not being able to call men...at least I hope it has. Perhaps he did something with his father and family on Friday or Saturday, especially if he has siblings who are married and they had to spend Sunday at their father-in-law's house; perhaps if he has kids of his own, he couldn't get them on Sunday, but had them Saturday; perhaps he simply had previous plans made for the weekend but Sunday happened to be free so he wanted to see you. Perhaps, if this is a first or second date, a Sunday - after he was done with his father's day stuff - seemed a better idea - just in case either of you didn't hit it off with the other. Regardless of why, he made plans to see you, so relax, enjoy yourself and don't analyze things so much. Usually we find we worried about nothing...and what a waste of precious time that is!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sunday Dates?