Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > The best Winnipeg neighbourhoods in which to live? Why?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Little Pheonix
Msg: 2
The best Winnipeg neighbourhoods in which to live? Why?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I live 4 blocks away from McPhillips close to Mountain.This area still considered the north end, it's great.Mostly older people around,quiet,not a heavy traffic area,and very clean. Living around seniors they are like watch dogs...but that's great...and they all have gardens which they share,so my choice...north end.
 Little Pheonix
Msg: 7
The best Winnipeg neighbourhoods in which to live? Why?
Posted: 6/20/2006 12:26:00 AM
OT Nothing is free Smokey,i'll feed ya and provide beverages....yes alcoholic....only when the job is done.
 Little Pheonix
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/20/2006 1:09:26 AM
OT Ha Mark.My dogs luv ya,what are you talking about.
 big_sexxy
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/20/2006 8:59:18 AM
Corydon Rocks?

Urban Reserves rock....just ask Coors!
 funwpgguy
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/20/2006 10:55:49 AM
I need to be central. I see the advantages of the newer homes which are in newer areas, but, when push comes to shove I never end up moving there cuz I need the trees. Also like being a 5 min bike ride to everything. I think I will stay in the corydon osborne area.
 SmartAlec
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 9:04:47 PM
Riverview for the parkways and no thru traffic. Disadvantage? sitting on Osborne in traffic knitting sweaters and trying to get to St. James.
 Gamerdude
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/21/2006 11:24:10 AM
North Kildonan, here...actually, the neighborhood is called River East. One block north of Springfield Road. Nice place to live, a lot of young working-class families. Close to schools and stores. The bus route at the end of my street will take you all the way to Polo Park, and it's a lot quieter now that they've retired the railroad tracks.
 iceangel79
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/21/2006 3:37:02 PM
Not to far from Phoenix few blocks over from Inkster. I don't mind this area at all. Not sure I would want to raise a family in this neighborhood but the price is right at the moment.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2006 3:41:25 PM
You probably want to stay away from Fort Garry. Its 10 minutes from downtown, has all kinds of amenities, including great parks, but its kind of expensive. Too many people trying to move in here. Try T'cona.
 Farkis McSwifflebum
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:34:33 PM
I really liked my house while I was in college because it was really close to school, but now this neighbourhood seems kind of lame.

Down with Brooklands!
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:41:25 PM
lol "el_bombero"

Plus you need to buy a Smart Car (or a bike) to even move into this area. That's why the left coast is emptying out to Fort Garry.

What is the weight of a house? (X gold bullion)
 gOdDeSs_oF_iCe
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:56:23 PM
Maples were almost all asians are..bleh..hate it!!!
 Siscobud
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/23/2006 4:00:20 PM
i didn't realise that many of us are from the chuckiewood/westdale area..
well i should correct that i just moved from that area to the other side of the river
but it is a great area
 gotta have fun
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/23/2006 5:00:05 PM
New St. Vital is the way to go
 Vera57
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/23/2006 10:22:25 PM
North End.

Been here for 17 years and love it. Got the big trees, nice neighbors,no pretensions,a little baby library, corner stores and great bus service. Oh, and musn't forget Alycia's and the North Star. Never have to cook.
 ninjasword701
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:04:04 PM
Winnipeg all in all is a shithole like Regina. There are no good safe areas.
 SpunkyPector
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2006 5:02:09 AM
Well let's see ! How about Winnipeg Beach? Yea it's a little off the beaten path but Quiet, Safe & oh so beautiful in the summer Ok so they roll up the sidewalks at 9 pm and it's a ghost town but other than that it's nice. Kinda sorta...ROFLMAO
In a news segment in Ft Lauderdale they had a story about how Winnipeg has the worst gang violence per capita in North America, un huh that really makes me want to live in the city again, Not !!!
 holy dragon
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/6/2007 1:57:00 PM
I've lived in the North end and found it to noisy for me. Transcona is were I've lived for most of my life and the only complaint I have is all the graffiti these days. Other than that transcona is great.
 prince harry
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/6/2007 2:11:24 PM
HEY st.james area!!! as with the best area ...well that can be anywhere in the city! north end east the south or the west.sice crime happens every where whether you want it to or not it just does! being either car theft car accidents or just random accidents either of stupidity where it shouldn't of happened but just did.
 CatchLikeness
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/23/2012 5:34:22 PM
Well being from Ontario, I have lived in the last 4 yrs, Island Lakes, ok but too spread out and not friendly neighborly, West Kildonan....awsome to be close to park but...not awsome to be listening to the Leila drag strip every night in summer....and Transcona....I dont know why people bash it....I grew up in a small quiet town in Ontario and this little town reminds me of it....I can walk where every and feel safe...people are friendly and the trees are beautiful.

Thumbs up to Transcona, from a non-bias smiler.

Next area to try is Amber Trails this summer.
 rcl12341234
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/24/2012 3:22:33 PM
You know I moved in from a small town and looked all over the city.
Rented for a year until I could find something.
I travel a lot and like to get out of the city quite often so I picked Fort Gary, by Jubilee.
I’m 10 minutes to the airport, 15 minutes to the East perimeter with the camper, 10 minutes to Oak Bluff, 3 Minutes to Keneston, 5 to 10 minutes to downtown depending on the time of day, Costco, Wal Mart, All the grocery stores, and soon to be IKEA.
There are a few bays and areas that are off a few blocks from Pembina that are very quiet. I purposely went to the back yard to listen and looked at maps to see and hear the noise levels of traffic, rail and businesses.
Very little crime and not all the houses look the same as your neighbor.
Love this area called the Planets
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:25:29 PM
St.Boniface is the nicest area to live because it's got character, a mix of business and residential, and it's safe.
 armaegis
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:37:08 PM
I've been in Fort Richmond for the last few years and really like it there. Quiet but friendly neighbours, not too much traffic but close to groceries, and plenty of shopping just a short drive away in the Kenaston area or St. Vital. It'll be interesting to see if anything changes once the stadium is running.
 Too Good To Pass Up!
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2012 5:21:36 PM
On POF since February, 2005

After reviewing...
Most comments / assertions with respect to this query, I would say MOST areas or subdivisions in Wpg. are quite suitable for most people. From such-an ambiguous question, its clear one would have to define more of a subjective aspect or segment of an area that would be conclusive.
-Safety
-Property Values
-Cleanliness
-Designed

Just to name a few would naturally come to mind. If one compares these values, I would the clear choice would be
Heritage Park, Sunny St.James
 edjoecdn
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2012 7:57:13 AM
Home is where you hang your shingle.... it's your relationship with your neighbors that makes or breaks it...
What is great for me won't be for others... diversity of opinion is A-OK !

By a river, Scotia Area... North End... Real people, real diverse... and real pretty ! :)
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > The best Winnipeg neighbourhoods in which to live? Why?