Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > the aussie way of life      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 womanlyspice
Msg: 25
the aussie way of life Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
the aussie way of life for me would be in summer and beautiful days after a long stressful day, taking the kids to the beach,after school and work having fun boogey boarding, surfing, swimming, playing cricket on the sand, kicking the ball with the kids, having a bbq down on the beach with my friends and their families, watching the sun go down the stars come out and feeling priviledged that we are then staring up into the sky at the southern cross,reflecting on how fun it is and loving every minute of australia. Now ya cant beat that especially the relaxed attitude of everyone that you see on the beach doing the same thing with their families and their bbq's (south end of aussie where ya can have ya car on the beaches) thats pricelss....
 womanlyspice
Msg: 38
the aussie way of life
Posted: 8/20/2006 3:51:06 PM
dont forget the milo and the weetbix oh yeah also the tim tams, gotta love the vegemite no matter where it is as its still all Aussie!! YAY......Aussie Aussie Aussie....
 tisme_susan
Msg: 48
view profile
History
the aussie way of life
Posted: 10/5/2006 2:40:38 PM
^^^ anything in a skirt
 mccellia
Msg: 58
view profile
History
the aussie way of life
Posted: 3/1/2007 4:06:40 AM
Thanks for reminding me of my childhoold QueenV... It made me so nostalgic that I took the kids to the Chinese restaurant that my parents took me to as a treat - it's still open, we made a cubby house out of sheets - outside underneath the lemon tree. Unfortunately we couldn't chase tadpoles in the old creek - it's just a dried up, covered in, concrete drain now-a-days. Apparently it wasn't safe enough for the kids of today to play in/near...

Has much changed in other people's neighbourhoods that prevent your kids really experiencing what used to be an urban way of life?
 Mildura3500
Msg: 62
the aussie way of life
Posted: 3/4/2007 4:25:51 PM
3rd on the best quality of life lists!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0778562.html
 mccellia
Msg: 64
view profile
History
the aussie way of life
Posted: 3/5/2007 4:36:17 AM
remember when you'd talk to your brothers just long enough to get them to help build a go cart and they'd forget to tell you how to put breaks on it?

remember building cubby houses in the pepper corn trees along side the train tracks?

remember building a cubby on the front verandah with sheets and sleeping in it on hot summer nights?

remember walking to school with your friends - saying hi to all the shop owners on the way, each of them knowing you by name?

remember playing hop scotch in the middle of the road with all the kids from the street and no-one complained?
 gjay1
Msg: 80
the aussie way of life
Posted: 12/5/2008 12:45:27 PM
the mission brown has established a colony at the back of my mums shed.....
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > the aussie way of life