Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Does stress make you horny?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Does stress make you horny?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Sex is a great stress reliever

Yeah, I remember the end of Financial Year and close friends suggesting 's h a g' as a remedy to vent frustration etc. Hey, easier said than done, to be honest.
'Symbiosis', my body & mind live in, doesn't let any object - regardless how fine or sophisticated - to slip through my well guarded senses and body sensors.
Tough luck! ... I call it
 *buzz*
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Does stress make you horny?
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:37:17 PM
But going back to 'married days' when all the negative - generated - energy was turned into charging energy ... wow! ... there was a huge demand for oxygen!

P.S.
In these days swimming does do wonders to my body/mind balance. Water caresses you all over, numbs outside noices, feels so natural and pleasurable to your skin that the movements your body automatically makes feel nearly as close as human being can get while thinking of 'seven heaven'.
 KissTheBoysAndMakeThemCry
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/24/2006 6:18:36 AM
Definatly depends on the level of stress and who you're with.
Like if i'm mad at another person and someone is comforting me about it: I'm all over them.
But when its over something they can't comfort me on: Heck no.
 Jenn179
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2006 10:28:59 AM

Since I've hit my thirties, the wind blowing makes me horny

I'm not in my thirties just yet, but that is soooo friggin' true.
 wiserd
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2006 3:16:52 PM
Certain types of stress can decrease levels of a protein called SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin). SHBG is what binds to Testosterone to keep it from being used, so that if you need a lot of testosterone you lower your SHBG and suddenly *boom* lots of free testosterone. Insulin also lowers SHBG, so if you eat a lot *boom* lots of free testosterone (depending on how your body works.)

But losing sleep tends to lower testosterone and doesn't lower SHBG in fit males. So that kind of stress won't make you horny.

People with low levels of SHBG are more likely to be horney all the time, I think. And more likely to lose their hair, too.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Does stress make you horny?