Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > STARTING A SINGLES WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER IN SO. CO. SEEKING SINGLE MEN      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PATTY41
Msg: 1
view profile
History
STARTING A SINGLES WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER IN SO. CO. SEEKING SINGLE MEN & LADIES-INTERESTED.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
HI, MY NAME IS PATTY, I WOULD LIKE TO START A SINGLE GET-TOGETHER TO BE HELD WEEKLY, FOR MEN & LADIES, THAT WOULD LIKE TO GET TOGETHER, HAVE FUN, MEETING NEW PEOPLE, DANCING, & JUST HAVING A GREAT TIME. BUT I'M POSTED THIS AD TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE RESPOND TO THIS. I'M LOOKING AT A PLACE HERE IN SO. CO. & I WILL GET BACK WITH DETAILS, BUT I WANT TO SEE WHO IS REALLY INTERESTED. THERE WILL BE A CHARGE & IT WILL CONSIST OF( OPEN BAR, APPETIZERS, DANCING TO A DJ,) & JUST HAVING FUN. I WILL BE YOUR HOST, & GREET YOU, & SEE EVERYTHING GOES WELL. SO. IF YOU WANT TO E-MAIL ME & GET BACK TO ME WITH A MESSAGE HERE AT( PATTY41) & LEAVE ME A MESSAGE IN MY INBOX. OK. ONCE I SEE HOW MANY REPLY TO THIS, I WILL DEFINITELY GET BACK TO YOU. OK.COME ON GUYS & GALS, THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO MEET SOMEONE SPECIAL, HAVE FUN, MINGLE, A FEW DRINKS, DANCE, & JUST A GREAT TIME.OK.I HOPE TO HEAR FROM EVERYONE. . BYE FOR NOW PATTY
P.S. IF I GET A GREAT RESPONSE THIS WILL BE A WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER. OK: : :
 kate_s
Msg: 2
view profile
History
STARTING A SINGLES WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER IN SO. CO. SEEKING SINGLE MEN & LADIES-INTERESTED.
Posted: 7/24/2006 3:29:42 PM
Patty
Pease give more detail as I am sure many people from st. louis would be interested but you will need to post in multiple thread sites to make more people aware of your intent. I am sure your realize very few actually check threads specific to Missouri.
 bogeyboy100
Msg: 3
STARTING A SINGLES WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER IN SO. CO. SEEKING SINGLE MEN & LADIES-INTERESTED.
Posted: 7/24/2006 5:23:08 PM
Hi,,,Let me know somehow ,I think I would be interested.................You might want to set an agelimit,,,,,,,maybe 45 to 59..LOL
 linda716
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/23/2006 6:13:43 PM
Patty, Round up the cowboy this will be my first rodeo
 absentelements
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/21/2006 9:19:27 AM
well looks like i wont be invited!
 stilsearchn
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/3/2007 7:20:24 PM
not sure if this ever got started and I wasn't really aware there was a forum on POF. So I just found this and thought I'd check it out.

I live in South County and would be interested as well.

I'm 38, and the rest you can read in my profile ;)
 gaugewatcher
Msg: 7
view profile
History
 Reel Tyme
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/13/2007 12:13:26 AM
when and where just let me know and like mike i'll be there if its cool
 ebrown3931
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/10/2007 7:11:20 AM
count me in sounds like fun cant hurt to check it out could it
 Bell001
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2007 9:32:05 AM
Hi! Yes, I'm interested. Would definately like to hear more. What a great idea. Wish there was one on the IL side of the river
 fayeraye
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/11/2007 7:17:44 PM
Im fairly new to st louis so a particular place to be named would be helpful...and if this weekly event could be either friday or saturday nites would be better...lots of folks off on the weekends???
Are there any guidelines?? A little more specifics would be wonderful!!
 SLeftout
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2007 9:14:47 AM
This would be great......but seems like the ball has been dropped since it was originally posted so long ago.....anyone else want to pick it up and run with it.....I would love a get together on a weekend (as I only have two a month without my girs) to get to know some other people......

Take care everyone.....
Trish
 m409998m1
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/22/2007 2:08:59 PM
I attended a get together Saturday 7/22/07 down in Springfield, MO. I had a great time! The people there all seemed to have a good time. Intertesting, fun, and a great way to meet people. If you want some help organizing one here in St. Louis, ley me know. Mike m409998m@yahoo.com
 justaj2116
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:03:29 PM
HEY
id love to just one problem ....
IM 19 this is no bueno for me cuz age limits get set higher than my bar oh well.
 TON TON
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/1/2007 4:59:57 PM
Yeah, i would like to know if this would be in st. louis and what ages range? thanks Tonia
 stilsearchn
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:34:26 PM
thinking about maybe checking out the place that 'plain' was talking about, in Oakville...later this evening. Anyone want to join me?
 stilsearchn
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/13/2007 4:36:29 PM
anytime, Tony!
it's not far from home, and kind of a prelude to my weekend partying activities.
 stilsearchn
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/1/2007 10:46:47 AM
Hi All ~ it has been awhile since I posted to this thread, but I have gone to KT's in South County a lot of times, sometimes I even went by myself when none of my friends could join me. Tony (plainbutfun) is a cool guy and enjoys having fun while he's 'working' so everyone else can have a good time. It's been mentioned in this thread on numerous occasions where KT's is located, at any rate; it's not set in stone, where you'd find a link at the top of your mail page for an 'event'; it's just an invite so to speak that if you're free on a Thursday evening from 8-12 to come and check it out. It is a small bar, smoking is allowed, drinks are very reasonable, won't break the bank account anyway LOL, it would be handy for the folks in the area. You don't have to come out and drink to get drunk, just come on out and have a good time. We don't want anyway getting a DUI for coming to check it out

Other places in the area: Hotshotz, but their drinks are higher, however more pool tables, great food as well, not a bad price on that. They also have dart boards, etc..but then just a jukebox, no other tunes to listen to, most people I know don't usually dance to a jukebox, lol, but I could be wrong!

If you want to have a gathering in your area, be in Southern Illinois (to me that would be Marion, DuQuoin, Carbondale and those areas), then post it and host it; you won't believe the volunteers you'd get for others who also want to have a good time and make it a success. Check out ideas for drink specials, food specials, smoking/non smoking areas, # of people allowed for the building (just in case you get a huge turnout like St. Louis has had in the last few months); get arm bands so you know how many people in attendance. Get name tags so you can easily identify your group from other people in the same bar/restaurant and by all means, have a good time!

Last event I attended was in St. Charles (Meet and Greet) and there were close to 300 in attendance. Had a great time, Tony (above) did dj/karaoke for us during the night.
 stilsearchn
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/2/2007 8:28:17 PM
Eh Tony, I try, what can I say..besides SHOUTING IT OUT TO EVERYONE, they just don't seem to be listening to me..and folks think I'm quiet, well (hands on hips, foot tapping the floor...)...

if you all want some action, then help us all plan a party or post and host one of your own! We'll come if it's close enough, even if it's out of state, if not too far, some of us from STl could still make it!
 donna43
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/8/2007 3:28:27 PM
that would be great
some thing to look forward to
 stilsearchn
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/10/2007 4:31:34 PM
hey Kat, they're already signed up, the 2 up above anyway ~ I've even sent them to the GNO thread and all that fun stuff..not sure about anyone else though..
 stilsearchn
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/14/2007 3:10:40 PM
well that's just cool, Jeannie, he's there every Thursday that I know of.
It's a small place, but it's fun! I can tell ya, not much dancing goes on in that place, I think people are too shy to get out of their chairs and have fun, cause it's smaller.
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/22/2007 9:59:09 PM
Is this still something that is happening? I am interested as I am new to the area. I am going to post a little about me and look forward to meeting many people!

Hello, I am new to Ballwin MO and share an apartment with my younger brother. I am 39-dwm and would like to meet others in the area as I know only the people my brother knows. They are great but I would like to meet friends of my own. I would especially like to meet a lady who may or may not have children as I have two, 17 & 15. They live with their mother in Jerseyville IL. I work two jobs in the food service industry and plan to return to college to complete my degree in Culinary Arts which is why I moved here. I enjoy church, playing pool, bowling, reading, watching movies, cooking, and hanging out with friends. I do have a drink now and then but I would not consider myself a drunk and rarely enjoy being with people who are. I do not do drugs and have not in over 20 years. I like all kinds of music, even rap to an extent. I do not care if you are black, hispanic, oriental, or white. Just please be what others would say is good looking as I think some physical attraction is important. Check out my profile and let's begin a great friendship!
 stilsearchn
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/22/2007 10:21:59 PM
hey there Pizza chef, we have various gatherings throughout the STL area each month, go check out the NYE Thread and the Christmas Toy Party Thread.

If you enjoy getting out on the town and listening to bands, dancing, etc, and you know of someplace in your area to do this, just get on here and post a thread for it and you never know, other people may just join you. That's a good way to meet folks when you're new to the area.

I have been in STL for 3 years this year and haven't had this much fun in a long time! I have made many friends both male and female, we have the best of times.

Tell your friends about POF and how it's 100% free to join and meet all kinds of people! I'll probably see you at one of the next events!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:18:44 PM
Thank you Stilsearchn for the welcome. I look forward to making it to some of the events once I figure out where they are. I stopped tonite after work for a drink at a bar in Ballwin, no smoking but they were having a band this evening. I think the place is called Take Down, it is just off of Manchester. I work early in the morning and when I work the next morning I do not like to go out though. Maybe next weekend there will be something going on.
Skip
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > STARTING A SINGLES WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER IN SO. CO. SEEKING SINGLE MEN & LADIES-INTERESTED.