Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > why are all the goodones so far away!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SelfSufficient
Msg: 8
why are all the goodones so far away!!Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My experience has been to try and keep it as plutonic as possible when there is distance involved. It would just be too frustrating to be away from someone that I craved for day after day.

Or night after night

Have you found that women are better than the men at handling the seperation?
I had touble dating a woman that was 100 miles away that I could only see on the weekends.
 bootielicious
Msg: 43
view profile
History
why are all the goodones so far away!!
Posted: 9/29/2006 11:41:33 AM
I think when you have pre-school children it is a it easier. I know my son has very little memory of anyone I dated when he was under 5. However, when they get older and their memories start to become more solid it becomes very hard. Like a lot of women on here I don't have guys that I consider to be 'love interest' back to my home, as it is obvious when a guy fancies you and on few occassions when I have had male 'friends' over my son has commented on the fact that he thought they fancied me and I should go out with them.

It is said in innocents on his behalf and it is nice to know he wants me to date, but with my track record of no more than 3 months, I just don't want him to get attached to anyone. This means long distance can only travel one way and I can't be away from my son for a whole wkend. My ex lives out of the country and it wouldn't be fair on my son or my mum to expect them to sacrifice their wknds for me.

I'll wait until I find someone local I can escape to

My advice would be, while ur daughter is still young enough to be relatively unaffected, if it develops give it a go, as it's not so easy when they're older.
 stoowart
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 10:46:07 AM
Maybe it's a security thing? I've messaged quite a few people who are local to me and most of them don't even bother to reply, however those 'halfway across the country' seem much happier to reply and have a chat, perhaps people are scared that if they talk to someone from thier own town they will cross paths at the shops or sim and shatter the whole safe 'fantasy at a distance' aspect that the net offers?
 Fr0
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 1:19:38 AM
I've chatted and seen quite a few attractive and awesome people from UK on this site.

Sadly, I don't plan on going there for another year at least.

Fr0
 Fr0
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 3:14:09 AM
Paul that's a bit harsh, and surely untrue. Though I suppose it depends on what you are looking for..

Fr0
 aquaplane
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:05:12 AM
MSG 52, I think you have a point there about the fantasy at a distance. I would have thought that it only applied to someone looking for email/chat or posibly the cyber sex fans out there.
For folks looking for dating and/or a partner a local is a far better option in my humble opinion. I'm not saying long distance won't work because it has in the past, but local has got to be easier.
Also I have no intention of moving anywhere, it would be unfair to expect a partner to leave friends and family behind to join me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > why are all the goodones so far away!!