Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > is there a postet on me were i can't see telling men iam only a sex o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 2
is there a postet on me were i can't see telling men iam only a sex oblect and that alone ?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
wow - treated like a sex object so much in the last two days that you've been a member, that you're leaving?

don't let the door hit your fake profile on the way out

InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 3
is there a postet on me were i can't see telling men iam only a sex oblect and that alone ?
Posted: 7/6/2006 4:40:46 AM
I am glad Solitaire translated from her english to real English so we know what she was asking.

After looking at her profile and photo, if she is being used a sex object, she must live in a REALLY small town....

This post is as bogus as Enron stock....
 Jackie1954
Msg: 4
is there a postet on me were i can't see telling men iam only a sex oblect and that alone ?
Posted: 7/6/2006 6:34:02 AM
Please let the rest of us in on your secret! You've been here 5 days... newbies always bring the creeps out of the woodwork (new prey)! If it's really upsetting you-- block and delete. You'll never hear from that particular person again unless they are so smitten with you that they go to the trouble of creating a new profile just so they can contact you again! If that happens.... he's a keeper! Stalkers are always a real turn on!!

How about posting the current picture that shows that you are attractive (this is from your profile)? Since so many men/women are visual creatures (at least in the 1st stages of correspondence), you must be emailing the picture out privately to be getting that kind of response.

It's apparent that you have no problem with self esteem-- and that's a good thing. So you must be getting the responses that are making you angry for some other reason. If you are really wanting some advice and helpful comments here... you need to give us the details that you have neglected to post.

Good luck with your fishing. There has to be someone behind one of those "love notes" that you don't want to throw back!
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/6/2006 6:41:48 AM
I also note that she is not on ONE favorites list.

After reading that profile, I see that a lot of our time together would best be spent in remedial English classes....

I can't imagine deliberately posting a photo that isn't "best foot forward". I have a feeling that the posted photo IS the new and improved.....
 Jackie1954
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/6/2006 6:49:19 AM
inneowithgeo-- I would have to agree. I can't imagine being willing to put up a photo like that if I didn't REALLY look like that! As far as her grammar... could be part of her problem in what she is attracting! When you present yourself that way...
 Jackie1954
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/6/2006 7:15:34 AM

I don’t agree with the latter part of your post. What is the correlation between grammar and sex? You seem to be implying bad English is some form of pheromone.

That's not what I'm implying at all. My meaning was that when someone shows that they really don't care enough about putting their best foot forward it makes it appear as though they don't put much value in themselves. With spelling/grammar checkers it's so easy for someone to tweak their profile and make themselves a little more appealing without changing the basic message that they are wanting to project. When someone doesn't care enough to do that with at least their profile... people reading it assume that their standards aren't really very high about themselves, so why would it be that high about the people that are contacting them.

It's the same way with her post. Without even looking at the grammar part of it (it would be silly to expect someone to use a program like that for a forum post), it's very difficult to figure out exactly what her question is or what she is wanting people to make comments about.

It wasn't meant to imply anything about sex, but the type of person she is expecting to attract. If you put forth an image of not really caring about yourself (even though she states that she has a good self esteem, it isn't apparent from her profile) people expect you to not care what kind of attention you get... as long as you attention!
 sparticuss
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/7/2006 7:21:45 AM
I can't see any sign on her that says "sex object" but I can see one that looks like it says sheep.

Some Forty years, or so ago a naive young girl graduated from an Australian Catholic convent to enter university. This kids name was Germaine Greer.

In those days girls normally left school after year eight. Catholic convents, teaching senior years, existed for only three reasons.
The first was Archbishop Mannix’s finishing school and those of the same style. A factory to turn out suitable wives for pollies, diplomats, and industry captains.

The second reason was to keep any girls, who were already too keen on boys, well away from them till they were at least eighteen,

The final reason was as a breeding ground for the next generation of nuns.

At a sexual level these schools were not just non sexual. They were anti sexual. Not a problem if the convents were purely breeding grounds for the next generation of nuns but a disaster when the girls left to become wives and mothers.

This was the world that this child, by the name of Germaine Greer left to enter university. It was also an age where the status of women was changing. Rosie the riveter and her sisters had already proved themselves industry capable in the munitions factories during world war two. Many weren’t happy to abandon jobs that they could now do better then the men. This was the seed of the womens lib movement which re started at the time.

This movement was something that Greer, often unintentionally, milked for all it was worth, often getting credit for advances that she had little or nothing to do with. The issue of equal pay for instance, was actually largely the work of another, totally unrecognized feminist by the name of Gough Witlam. Unrecognoised even to this day, because he was a male feminist.

The sexual repression however was something that Greer vigorously rebelled against. For a decade, or two, anyway!

But there was still no way that she could go through her convent upbringing without being influenced by it. On the campus she was shocked to hear young men discussing their sex lives as casually as they discussed the footy scores.

This led Greer to come barging blindly out with one of the worst pieces of misinformation that has ever dogged, and destroyed relationships for the past half century.
===========================
=============================

“Men are a bunch of slaves to their penises and are after nothing from a relationship but a semen spittoon.”
=============================
===============================

Now any teenage kid, who is young, stupid, and thinks they know the ways of the world , will regularly drop these clangers, not just on sexual issues but on everything from politics, to money, to whatever. Most of these comments don’t go much past general conversation, and rarely beyond the conversation of young teenagers.

But for some inexplicable reason, several generations of women, with a thousand times the sexual savvy as the young Greer, have blindly swallowed this particular “penis slaves” blunder, hook line and sinker. Millions of women, worldwide, have dedicated all their efforts to providing a better semen spittoon, in an effort to make relationships work. To the total neglect of the million and one other things that also go into a successful relationship!

The voice that declared men a bunch of penis slave s wasn’t the voice of a feminist at all. It was the voice of a nun.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/7/2006 8:25:20 AM
Well, for sexual repression, nobody beat Lilith and Lysistrata......
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/8/2006 6:03:55 PM
Thanks for the post Stitch. I though it was only me......

What a hottie, eh?
 Jackie1954
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/8/2006 9:52:08 PM
stitch and inneowithgeo--- thanks for the laugh!
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/8/2006 10:42:49 PM
Chalk it up to the first days madness... where the men who have given up on all the other women who have been here for a while... go for the new blood...

I am gonna have to agree with those who questioned the age... look older than 26... and why not put up the better pic?? makes no sense...
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/9/2006 4:52:02 AM

Wow! Now here's a whole new use for post-it notes that I never thought of.

MANY years ago I was working in a law office and volunteered to stay late one night and help a paralegal get some stuff ready for a trial starting the next morning. When it got to about 1am we started to get giddy from sleep deprivation. She excused herself to go to the ladies room and shen she came back she was topless wih the little sticky note over her nipples.

We took a short break whle she went over my "legal briefs". Actually she went THROUGH them.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/9/2006 4:50:19 PM
I just saw this in her profile for a first date:

with 2 pillows a blanket and a book of our choice

As disturbung as it is that she thinks reading a book is a romantic evening, another question popped up. After reading that (and noting that computers are a 'miner intrest') I wonder what that book will be and who is going to read it to her.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:06:35 PM
Can I make my post it say "basically a nice girl"

Jackie1954
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/9/2006 7:44:27 PM
Pass those post-its my way.... PLEASE!
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/10/2006 10:15:50 AM
The nearest I can gather is that she is indeed Inspector Clouseau and that was supposed to be sex ACT (as in "I would like a rim." - "A rim?" "Yes, a rim." Oh, you mean a ROOM".), or she misspelled the abbreviation for et cetera.

Only two options I see.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/14/2006 4:17:08 AM
Did anybody actually read her entire profile?

I was particularly amused where for date ideas she said she could come up with some "unic" ones.

She'd better have 2 vaginas, 3 breasts and no gag reflex......
 Jackie1954
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/14/2006 7:10:12 AM

Did anybody actually read her entire profile?

Yes... apparently many posters did! That's why so many sarcastic remarks about her posting a question like this!!

I'm not a man, and not bi/lesbian.... but, even I can see why that question coming from her is so funny!
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/14/2006 7:50:08 AM
that's it ~ the hell w/ counting carbs

where's the cheesecake??
 bewitchingsecret
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/14/2006 9:25:18 AM
^^^

f*ck the cheesecake ~ I'll have what she's having
 Skyrider0
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/14/2006 9:48:34 AM
The problem is, God gave men two heads, but only enough blood to run one at a time...and thanks to gravity making everything fall down, it's usually the lower head that most of them think with. There are some out there who have had a plumber install a pump to make the blood flow to the upper head, and who use that one every now and then...keep looking...we're out here. Just ignore those with faulty plumbing.
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/14/2006 9:56:55 AM

who have had a plumber install a pump to make the blood flow to the upper head

Actually, as I have gotten older, I have been thinking about a pump for down below...
 Jackie1954
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/14/2006 10:19:00 AM

Actually, as I have gotten older, I have been thinking about a pump for down below...

inneowithgeo-- now posting THAT on a public forum is really going to get you a lot dates!!
 InNEOwithGEO
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/14/2006 11:03:50 AM
Jackie, she'd find out sooner or later, right?

Or do you think I could get away with using a strap on if the room was dark enough?

Jackie1954
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/14/2006 11:46:36 AM
inneowithgeo-- You never know! Some women might even like the challenge of seeing if they have what it takes to get a "rise" out of you!

I'm sure you are creative... whatever technique you decide to use!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > is there a postet on me were i can't see telling men iam only a sex oblect and that alone ?