Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If someone offered you money to marry them to get their citzenship..w      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trishnaa
Msg: 3
If someone offered you money to marry them to get their citzenship..would you???Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Sure...but he better not touch me!

No, I would not do it. I'd never want to participate in anything that makes a mockery out of marriage. He can marry someone else with all my blessings.

~*Flavia*~
 LorynBee
Msg: 5
If someone offered you money to marry them to get their citzenship..would you???
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:19:30 AM
Maybe, if I wasn't already in a relationship !
 CuddlyBuddy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
If someone offered you money to marry them to get their citzenship..would you???
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:25:24 AM
hate to say it but id marry some one from the right country, for the right price in a heart beat. i view marrage as only a peice of Paper. True marrage is feelings. i wouldent need the paper if i loved who i am with. if they were from Japan, Scottland, sweden, switzerland. Fer sure.
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:50:33 AM
First of all, NO I would NOT marry anyone for money no matter what the reason was.
And you might want to read about this. A man in the town I live in just got arrested this week for illegal papers and is going to be sent back to his country. He is married to an American woman and they have children together. They "assumed" because they were married that it gave him American citizenship. Unfortunately, they were wrong.That is not always the case. They have been together for ten years, this man has worked at a good job here, and now he is being sent back to his country. It has been a nightmare for his family here. They did not realize they had to follow through with more legalalities and now are paying the price. This Couple actually married for love, not money, nor to just give him citizenship.
I also thought it was against the law to accept money to marry someone for citzenship. Know your facts if you do indeed plan to do this. As for me, I have more pride than to do something like that for money.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/7/2006 1:12:28 PM
No hard fast rules so I'd never say never, but I think you have to look at the persons circumstances. I'd say it would be a virtual no though practically.

There are places in the world where ethnic cleansing is a sad and harsh reality. I don't blame those folks one bit for trying to get out of their countries.

I don't know if I'd take money to do it though if I was doing it strictly for an extreme scenario (i.e. the ethnic cleansing scenario)

But to the OP, in most cases, situations like that are just financial scams. If you really want to help people, there are organizations designed to help with immigration issues, many need volunteers. I think your time, if you want to help someone, would be better served there.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/7/2006 2:59:02 PM
I just couldn't do it. If I were to meet someone from another country and we became involved and it did led to marriage, that would be fine, but I wouldn't take money to marry someone for any reason.
 sparticuss
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2006 12:00:41 AM
They would have to offer me at least three times the value of my total assetts,.

Because, during the divorce, they would get at least half the combined assets including half the money that they had paid me.
 NatGoat
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/18/2007 11:59:44 AM
I'd have to get to know them first . .
Perhaps if they could come over as a Vacation . . for a Month or so . . and we could discuss the needs, wants and expectations . . and...of course . . some degree of Attraction . . !!!
 howard61
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/14/2008 1:49:10 PM
money can not bi u love at all your heart what bi u love and no u should not do that at all because u will not be happy at all so no money in the wrold will make u happy at all follow your heart and it will bi your love more then anly thing eles will find some one eles that will show there love to u and listed to your heart and it will make u happy then every
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/14/2008 1:59:46 PM
do i get to consumate the marraige?
 mthomjmark
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:01:21 PM
I know someone on yahoo, we talked off and on for the past couple years.....they want to become a permanent USA citizen and offered me money to help them do it...if you were in this position...would you say yes or no???....Marriage will get them here for citizen ship....what would you do????...
No; I'm not a hooker; marriage means something to me.
 daynadaze
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:08:26 PM
I have never wanted to go to jail, so no, I wouldn't do it and I don't think I'm a good enough liar to pull it off. That said, I am sympathetic to good people who really want citizenship.
 Challenge
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/14/2008 2:16:45 PM
It is an act of fraud.......to reap financial gain.

What other fraudlent acts would you consider to perpetuate against your country and citizens.

If she asked you to pay for flying lessons and stated she didn't need to learn how to "land"........would you still help her gain entry into the country for your own financial gain.

No morals......no ethics.......no conscience.
 Lario
Msg: 32
view profile
History
 atunedhead
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/14/2008 11:35:54 PM
OP,

1. Arranged marriage to get a Green card is against the law. You do not want the DHS breathing down your neck. Thats the DHS.

2. How would you explain to the IRS your sudden income of 25,000 USD? That is the IRS.

That said, mail order brides are legal. I'd suggest you talk to an immigration attorney how this can be pursued. Whatever you do,

(i) Do it legally
(ii) Do it for your heart not for the money.

There is nothing immoral about her bringing $25,000 starter money for a family you both will build together. There are certainly consequences for breaking the law.
 casandra67
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/15/2008 3:41:37 AM
I cant see how it can possibly be a matter of just meeting up at the interview.

Ive seen a couple in a real marriage go thru thousands of dollars in legal fees, application fees and flights and so many extra costs involved. They had to have two files of evidences of their marriage being geniune and also evidence that they new each other 2 years prior to the marriage.

Then 2 years after this they had to produce more evidence of them still being together, purchased things together etc etc.

The citizen of the country must sponsor the other while this is all in process, therefore you would be financially supporting them.

Get found out that your trying to fraud the Govt and ........well wouldnt want to be in your shoes.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/15/2008 5:35:02 AM
No. 1. its illegal... 2. If you get cuaght int he lie you go to jail. 3. How much moeny cna some illegal immigrant have? If they had money they could easily become a citizen. So how much is this person offering you? Probably not that much.
 Kahndor
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:09:29 AM
are you ****in' kiddin' me?
only an idiot would ever consider this unless the lady is in it for real
cause, as soon as you say "i do"
she is gonna take you for everything she can when the marriage is obsolved
and now with the new "common law" act, live together for three months, and hey, your married in the eyes of the law

now you have to ask yourself this question, why are they getting out of the country?
if they have money to pay you up front, it sure as hell is not for finiancil prosperity now is it?
if they just met you, or are talking to you via some sort of correspondence, it sure as hell isnt for love now is it?

now if your that stupid to have to ask, you deserve what you get

everybody comes to the answerman
 Gourmetchef50
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/15/2008 7:15:46 AM
is there sex involved?? How much money?? if you get some reg. booty..then its defintely worth it..
 Gourmetchef50
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/15/2008 8:55:44 AM
hey kitten..i'm giving him advice on what 'HE' should do ...it doesnt mean i am desperate..i'm just telling him to take advantage of the situation...sex+cash=a great time.One hand washes the other..if he's going to marry the chick..according to the rules of immigration..he's gonna have to be with her for 5 years...he's gotta lay down the ground rules...ie;sex and cash..etc...outside 'interests'..living together?/ monogamy..or lack thereof...etc..
There's alot of details to be worked out.I have heard stories..(being that i'm close to miami) that would blow your socks off.
 clasact
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 7:33:16 PM
No, no and no..............uh did I say ..........NO!

This is illegal, a Federal offense to say nothing of lack of morality or lack of character.

What else would a person such as this do for the almighty dollar......(not a question...a statement)
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/17/2008 9:27:15 PM
No I would not. Marriage for me is meant to be permanent not disposab le.

Nutt
 sriannaailyim
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/18/2008 7:16:42 AM
Nope- I am from another country but moved her and got my citizenship. My family asked me if I would marry someone from my country so they could come up and it just didn't feel right. So no!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > If someone offered you money to marry them to get their citzenship..would you???